Waterboy

Re: Athens vs. Nelsonville York 12/15

Post by JayBruce »

Athens by 20 +

KevVanDam
Waterboy

Post by KevVanDam »

Not so fast...NY has the better overall guards. They are much deeper on the perimeter. Athens has one great guard, but NY total group will handle her fine. This game will go the wire.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I'm very impressed by N-Y...one of the better teams that I've seen!!! But after watching Athens' beatdown of Gallia Academy last night I would have to pick them!!! Two vey good post players!!! N-Y will have to make this a full court game!!!

Buckeye4life
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye4life »

Buckeye Fan, I agree. Our Frosh is going to score a lot inside. She has great ball skills and very quick. I think Athens post players are more experienced but slower, and wont be able to keep her off the boards. Plus her passing will be something that the TVC hasn't seen in a post player

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I've saw both teams and overall Athens is much stronger and they are fast. I'm not sure what post you're talking about for Nelsonville put I didn't see any the stood out as that good? If the officials let these two teams play Athens will win easy they are much stronger.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

buckeyes fan doesn't NY play Meigs and Wellston before they even play Athens? Doesn't matter if you beat athens or not if you are 0-2 going in the league. I am sure NY is a good team but they will have their hands full against league teams.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

then it should be a good match up. I think your team is a year away from capturing a league title. I am taking athens in this game even if they have a freshman point guard.

Oh one other thing Whitney Maiden is the best all around post player I have ever seen play at NY and she started every game 4 years straight. If your freshman is better than her than NY wins the league easy but I just don't see it. Athens has 2 post players over 6' you are going to have to stop them both.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm not one to 'pick' a winner ... But I wouldn't be surprised to see Athens have the upper hand on NY (this year) just like in volleyball ... The more experienced, more senior laden team won the TVC-Ohio title on the volleyball court - and it might play out like that on the basketball court as well ... It reminds me of how Athens stayed in the 'cat bird' seat behind Alexander until it was their time; the Buckeyes seem to be in the same position with Athens the team being chased.

After two games: 6-foot-1 junior Emma Stanley is averaging 10 boards per game, 6-foot-1 senior Ellena Lein is avg. 10 pts, 7 rebounds and 6 blocks per game and freshman Dominique Doseck is pouring in 17 pts per game ... That inside-outside game for the Bulldogs is going to be tough to stop and senior Gracie Staten has been playing varsity basketball since her freshmen year ... Its a pretty good recipe for success - size, experience and a super-talented PG that can shoot the three.

But we are talking about high school basketball here - the only thing for certain is 'that nothing is for certain.'

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

birdman wrote:then it should be a good match up. I think your team is a year away from capturing a league title. I am taking athens in this game even if they have a freshman point guard.

Oh one other thing Whitney Maiden is the best all around post player I have ever seen play at NY and she started every game 4 years straight. If your freshman is better than her than NY wins the league easy but I just don't see it. Athens has 2 post players over 6' you are going to have to stop them both.
Ive recieved a few e-mails about not wanting to see player comparisons, using first names, etc...etc...

I know its a part of SEOPS - but lets just try and keep it all positive.

thanks.

ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

Lets Go Lady Bucks!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO LADY BUCKS!! 1 game at a time!

ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

Its game day!!! Lets go bucks!!

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

No comparisons, but I do think Whitney Maiden was one of the best all around players ive seen come thru NY. She was fun to watch, as well as the Davis girl. She is definitely going to be something special in the next few years. Just a freshman and making comparisons already. That says enough right there for that young lady. And a great girl too!

Return to “Girls Basketball”