Are The Dragons Stoppable?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Re: Are The Dragons Stoppable?

Post by FHSstudentsection »

and fhs was 10-10 ISH last year. now they are 19-0 and not losing a player. things change,players get better, teams get better, teams get worse. but please tell me who would stop mitchell if the ALMIGHTY OAKS couldn't even think about stopping tara????

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Obviously fhsstudentsection has not paid much attention the last few years. Oak hill has played South Point the last 5 plus years minus this year because South point did not want to play any more. Mitchell was a part of the last 3 years of that game and South Point won 0 of them.
fhsstudentsection-mightyoaks is right-mitchell is good but shes def stoppable as is any player. during our game she was called for traveling and fouling alot(like driving w/her shoulder) and the reffs caught it-) and all the times that s.pt. has played oakhill i dont ever remmember s.pt. beating them even with the great team they had last season.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Mitchell was the third or 4th person that Oak Hill had to worry about so she was not much of a concern. Oak Hill had to worry about Fletcher, Bradburn and Taylor not Mitchell.
To tell you the truth I felt she was better as a freshman and sophomore than the last two years. Injuries may have had something to do with it or maybe the players around her.

Athletic1
Waterboy

Post by Athletic1 »

Anyone who would get on here and post about any player not being as good as they once were or that injuries may have had something to do with play has absolutely no class. For four years, South Point''s Mitchell has played with more heart and strong will than any coach ever asked for. Mitchell had a torn ACL in the 8th grade and returned to play summer ball with the high school team exactly 6 months after the surgery. This player has played banged up, swelled up, and sicker than a dog. Never missing an AAU game or High School game due to any injury. Any team can be beat on any given day. This website provides a place to give opinions, not bad mouth students, parents or schools. If Mitchell never plays another game after this year, she will have completed a great career with no regrets. Lets face it, you cant teach what that girl has inside her and that is a pure love for the game, strong will, and class.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Exactly what I am saying. Injuries have hampered her like you say. No one ever questioned her heart. All I am saying is that you can tell she has been asked to do a lot and like you said has been banged up swelled up and sicker than a dog.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Athletic1 wrote:Anyone who would get on here and post about any player not being as good as they once were or that injuries may have had something to do with play has absolutely no class. For four years, South Point''s Mitchell has played with more heart and strong will than any coach ever asked for. Mitchell had a torn ACL in the 8th grade and returned to play summer ball with the high school team exactly 6 months after the surgery. This player has played banged up, swelled up, and sicker than a dog. Never missing an AAU game or High School game due to any injury. Any team can be beat on any given day. This website provides a place to give opinions, not bad mouth students, parents or schools. If Mitchell never plays another game after this year, she will have completed a great career with no regrets. Lets face it, you cant teach what that girl has inside her and that is a pure love for the game, strong will, and class.

no one was saying that she was weak or didnt have heart-shes a good player-but facts r facts-all drama aside

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Fairland-53
SOUTH point-43

20-0!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIRLAND GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM=OVC CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

terra stapleton has been invited to the top ohio 64 showcase!!!!!!!!!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

congrats. there are 674 great players on that list. great format to watch and play in.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

footballfanatic1 wrote:congrats. there are 674 great players on that list. great format to watch and play in.

thank u:)

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

smartguy06 wrote:The key to beating Fairland is containing Stapleton. However, the question is how does a team contain her? She has frequently beat double and triple teams this season. The only way I see a team slowing her down is by getting her into foul trouble early which can be done because she has an aggressive style of play.

Oak Hill was the only team during the regular season that had a chance to beat Fairland. Fairland shot an extremely high percentage during the first half of Saturday's game which is where the lead was established. It was a totally different game in the second half. With that being said, I think if those two teams meet again in tournament play, the final score will be a lot closer.

So are the Dragons stoppable? Yes, they are just like any other team in the state, especially come tournament time.

Oak Hill was the only team that had a chance to beat Fairland? South Point lost by 4 and Chesapeake lost by 6 to Fairland. I'd say there's 2 teams that had a chance.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

dragons beat crooksville today i think it was 50-37-but it was an ugly win! we gave them every chance to win!! i hope we come ready to play next saturday!! 21-0!1

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

It's tournament time and upsets happen a lot now, ask Jackson. Hopefully the coach can keep his players grounded

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

I don't think Jackson losing was that big an upset.SP was a very good team.Your point is taken however.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

22-0!!!! keep playing tough ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

great job ladys!! keep it up---23-0!!!!!!!!!!!1

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Congrats and best of luck.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRADS 2 OUR COACH JON BUCHANAN ON BEING OVC COACH OF THE YR!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Fairland is a great team but I would say, yes they are stoppable as was proved tonight. Nothing to hang their heads about. They had a tremendous season and should be proud of everything they accomplished.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

CONGRATULATIONS TO TERRA STAPLETON FOR BEING VOTED SOUTHEASTERN DIV3 PLAYER OF THE YR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND TO COACH BUCHANAN FOR BEING VOTED SOUTHEASTERN DIV 3 COACH OF THE YR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAY TO GO FAIRLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by ohst#1 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Girls Basketball”