looking at the D-4 tourney ..

jeep80
Varsity

Re: looking at the D-4 tourney ..

Post by jeep80 »

Falconburger wrote:....I truly believe that in the next few seasons teams like Webster and burg will make those runs. Just watch
Don't know about the Burg but I have seen South Webster's 7th and 8th grade teams and WOW. They are going to be a force!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

ttt

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

So Clay and ND could only meet again if they both upset the 1 and two seed out of the Miegs district. right ? Thats a shame i wish they could meet up again and have a rubber match. MD

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

ManitouDan wrote:So Clay and ND could only meet again if they both upset the 1 and two seed out of the Miegs district. right ? Thats a shame i wish they could meet up again and have a rubber match. MD
That would be sweet...for a lot of reasons.

Radiator
Waterboy

Post by Radiator »

What r the seedings at northwest?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Don't forget to keep posting scores - I will continue keeping records throughout so everyones 'final' or 'current' record will be available ... Usually the brackets are left with just the teams record at the draw - its nice to know exactly what a team is for every game. ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

any link for the brackets at Northwest ?

ledoux
Waterboy

Post by ledoux »

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I am still trying to figure out why South Webster and Eastern Pike have to travel all the way to Pomeroy to play their sectional games? I'm not real sure where Pomeroy is but was told it is past Athens. Webster's game is scheduled for 8:00 on a school night which means the only fans that will be able to make it are the parents. We used to play at Northwest which is only about 30-35 mins away. I thinks someone really needs to look at these brackets and try to come up with a way to put them together so schools don't have to travel miles and miles just for a sectional games.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

real poor job of assigning teams , but from what I've seen of OHSAA it's par for the course .

also the link doesn't work , can I get a working link. thanks MD

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

Heard it thru the grapevine we were closer to that sectional then the other teams in our area, probably the same way for eastern. I believe it is due to the influence of certain people on the committee or board that makes the decisions. Look who got sent out the SOC to the TVC area, Eastern and South Webster. I heard a member of the board/committee that makes these decision ha strong ties to one of the top teams in the northwest bracket, don't know if that plays a part? Just think about it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

digger wrote:I am still trying to figure out why South Webster and Eastern Pike have to travel all the way to Pomeroy to play their sectional games? I'm not real sure where Pomeroy is but was told it is past Athens. Webster's game is scheduled for 8:00 on a school night which means the only fans that will be able to make it are the parents. We used to play at Northwest which is only about 30-35 mins away. I thinks someone really needs to look at these brackets and try to come up with a way to put them together so schools don't have to travel miles and miles just for a sectional games.
Meigs is not that much different than traveling to Athens if your coming down Rt 32 ... Instead of going 5 minutes past Athens to the Plains (Athens High School) ... You turn right in Athens and head 20 minutes south to Pomeroy. You looking at an extra 15 minutes because of the switch from Athens to Meigs.

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

It is a long drive for eastern and Webster when we can drive closer to Northwest, but like I said look at who got sent, it is like sending Eastern Reedsville or South gallia to Northwest.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Clay and Notre Dame both look good, great guard play with the clay team. Wouldn't be surprised if either were to come out of this sectional.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Clay and Notre Dame both look good, great guard play with the clay team. Wouldn't be surprised if either were to come out of this sectional.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Digger,

The trip to Meigs High School is not that far for you. In the 90's, Meigs used to play sectional boy basketball at South Webster. You are about 70 minutes from Meigs. Just go to Oak Hill, then to Rt 35. Take Rt 35 to Gallipolis. Turn left upriver on Rt 7. You will be about 25 min away. MHS is right off Rt 7 about 1/2 mile past the Rt 124/833 exit. Take the fairgrounds exit to the right and you will see the school.

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

70 minutes we play at 830, then have to drive all the way back on a school night...doesn't make sense when we could have been sent to nrthwest

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The South Webster/Southern game will be broadcast live on Retro 92.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com. Click on the listen live in the upper left corner. Then scroll down the
sponsor page and click LISTEN in lower left.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

The only teams I see crying about where they are playing are the teams that aren't very good. Nothing like putting an excuse out there before you play. Suck it up it is tournament time, if a team from our area makes it to the state they have to travel more than 70 mins if they play a team from Cbus they travel 5 mins. Are you people going to cry about that too.

Return to “Girls Basketball”