Oak Hill vs Fort Frye 12-17 Convo

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Oak Hill vs Fort Frye 12-17 Convo

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea in 7th grade but his dad lived him Beverly and his mom moved to Beverly that year.His brother Ryan already went to FF at the time.His gpa was mayor of Beverly.Mom wanted him and Ryan on the same team and same school.He wasn't recruited.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

EasternDspy wrote:Yea in 7th grade but his dad lived him Beverly and his mom moved to Beverly that year.His brother Ryan already went to FF at the time.His gpa was mayor of Beverly.Mom wanted him and Ryan on the same team and same school.He wasn't recruited.
Agree he wasn't recruited. Just said he chose to go play at FF. I thought that was question.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

They announced at our boys game friday this game is at around 12:30 on saturday because I think our boys play at 10:45 and girls after.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

I have never watched FF play but after seeing OH play on Thursday, FF better bring their A game because OH plays tough defense and can score from every position. Their press is best I have seen for a girls team.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If FF has a weakness it be breaking the press.Fort Frye has 3 Jrs that have started since they were freshman.Morgan Leidtke who is a pg not great at dribbling but is a great shooter.Taylor Buccanon who is a 5-11 wing with a great mid- range game.Deidra Combs 5-11 does all the dirty work rebounds and defense

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Been a few years since I've seen OH play, but last time I saw them play, OH pressed until you can't breath. I wouldn't expect Coach Hale to change that, especially on the big floor at the Convo.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

That's It !!! Wear em down and wear em out !!
They get alot of points on those turn overs and believe me, that won't change.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

From what I have seen, better have track stars who can shoot on that FF team.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I had my second look at this Fort Frye when they played Shenandoah this week. They looked amazing outscoring the Lady Zeps 33-6 in the second half., but falling behind 14-18 at the half showed me Fort Frye is far from a finished product. I remember Fort Frye's regional teams from the late 90's, and I don't think these girls are there yet. This Oak Hill game is Fort Frye's first look at top notch competition outside the district. This is just an exhibition. Regionals are a few months away yet.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Neither team will look in March like they look now. That is a true statement. However, IF FF allows OH to jump out to a big lead in the first half, maybe difficult to recover because OH gets better as the game goes on.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

Oak Hill will try to keep this a fast tempo game.... and if FF is as big a team as they say they are on here, they will try and make it a half court game. Traditionally, if you make it a half court game, you will give Oak Hill some trouble. This will be a great test for both teams, and both teams should be better after this game.

Go Oaks!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

One thing for sure...Oak Hill has a great HS Band.
Went to the OU-Mtta. College game tonight and OH's band was the Convo house band, and they did a good job of entertaining a croud of about 8000 fans.

Oh, OU won by about 86-54.

GreenMachine
Waterboy

Post by GreenMachine »

Many FF girls players do not live in FF school district. They open enroll. Not saying he recruits though as they have gone to FF their whole lives.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye comes into the game 5-0.Scoring 66 ppg and allowing 30 ppg.Most points scored on them was 36.

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

Hey greenmachine you said many of FF girls open enroll I can only think of one, that is not many in my book,

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Not making excuses but just found out today we are without one of our starters I seen her using a crutch and someone told me it was a knee injury. anyone know what injury adkins has.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

rickoshay wrote:One thing for sure...Oak Hill has a great HS Band.
Went to the OU-Mtta. College game tonight and OH's band was the Convo house band, and they did a good job of entertaining a croud of about 8000 fans.

there was 8000 there? i didn't really think there was that much, but everyone seemed a little spread out.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

vigril wrote:
rickoshay wrote:One thing for sure...Oak Hill has a great HS Band.

there was 8000 there? i didn't really think there was that much, but everyone seemed a little spread out.

Check out OU web site where game stats are located, it said 8654 showed up.
Guy setting behind me guessed the 8,000.
I checked the OU site next morning to see if he was close .

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Isn't Adkins a 1000 point scorer?

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

EasternDspy wrote:Isn't Adkins a 1000 point scorer?
Different Adkins. Youre talking about Karrisa. But Lee is fine and will be playing Saturday. I cant wait. sould be a great match up and a big test for both teams. We are starting to fire on all cylinders and fire hot. Ft Frye better bring their "A" game. The Lady Oaks will be bringing theirs!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”