Waterboy

Re: Oak Hill vs Fort Frye 12-17 Convo

Post by Emmit Bryant »

Who was injured for the Lady Oaks?

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

i seen lee adkins using a crutch other day and someone said she had a knee injury. not trying to start anything I was just wondering.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Oak Hill 20 Fort Frye 16 half

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

wow low score at half that is unusual for a lady oaks team, don't know why but they always start slow when they play at convo it seems. maybe the different atmoshere then they are use too.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye 29 Oak Hill 30 after 3

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Thanks for the updates

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Lady Oaks win 44-34.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Way to go lady oaks. great win.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

it was closer than the score ended up. fort frye just had turnovers and bad shots at the end. they should learn from this though. they wont play another good team like that for a while.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

This was a hard fought game. At one point Oak Hill actually had two players bleeding. I thought the officiating in the second half was a little weak. Great job by both teams and special congrats to the two players who received MVP for their teams. Oak Hill had Breanna Butler and Fort Frye had Buchannon I do believe.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Fort Frye has a nice team, I was impressed, they played hard, never backed down, and played pretty smart. In my opinion, it was the depth that did them in. Oak Hill is just deeper, and I would guess more experienced. Very enjoyable game to watch, the sportsmanship (and lack of attitude) was refreshing. Both communities should be proud of how their girls represented themselves today. #14 for FF played one whale of a game, and Oak Hill had quite a few step up and get it done when they needed to.

Good luck to both schools the remainder of the season, you should both go far. Thanks for a great game today!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

14 Brook Borich is only a soph.The girls were nervous and missed to many layups.They have never been apart of anything like this and they were super flat.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Then this was a good experience for them. Playing in a venue like the convo can be quite unnerving for young kids, Oak Hill has played there every year either due to the Alex tournament or the post-season tournament for a long time, so the Lady Oaks are accustomed to playing there. I really didn't see a lack of intensity on their part, I saw some "deer in the head lights" plays and maybe some intimidation, but I would not have considered them flat. Lady Cadets play them again, sans the nerves, and this will be a very close game.

This game and the Warren/Waverly boys game were certainly worth the price of admission. Glad I was able to see both games.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that if a player is bleeding, they have to be taken out of the game to be taken care of, rather them just stop the game for the player? it happened twice, and they were oak hill's best players.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Actually it is left up to the officials to decide that and use their own judgement. It was a physical game that I felt the officials let get a lil out of hand on both ends of the court so maybe they felt responsible somewhat and cut the Lady Oaks some slack. JMO But I will say that a FF player has blood on her and was not removed either so it all turned out good. Great game by two good teams.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

the blood was from the oaks players shoulder.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Steely Dan wrote:Then this was a good experience for them. Playing in a venue like the convo can be quite unnerving for young kids, Oak Hill has played there every year either due to the Alex tournament or the post-season tournament for a long time, so the Lady Oaks are accustomed to playing there. I really didn't see a lack of intensity on their part, I saw some "deer in the head lights" plays and maybe some intimidation, but I would not have considered them flat. Lady Cadets play them again, sans the nerves, and this will be a very close game.
Absolutely. For Fort Frye, this was about getting some big game experience. It gives the coaches and players a chance to improve some things, but as much as anything, the experience of competing at a high level for 24 minutes. Fort Frye hasn't had that too often.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Hope they try to play at a high level for 32 minutes later on(not 24). Just a jab at you we know what you meant.
It will help both teams.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Wait, I need to find a calculator. How many quarters are there in a game?

Yeah, ooops. Thanks!

:122245

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

vigril wrote:the blood was from the oaks players shoulder.
I dont think that matters. In most cases, if there is blood on the uniform, it has to be changed dry or not. So, the officials kinda missed the call on that one. I work at a medical facility and the dried blood can be as dangerous as the wet.

Return to “Girls Basketball”