Riding the Bench

Re: Alexander vs Waterford 1-7-09 Makeup

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Eastern - Kaylee Milam - 1 track

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

The reason the Messenger covers Alexander so much is because the name of the paper is the Athens Messenger. Afterall, Alexander has girls from all over Athens County.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Again.....can we just get back to the Alexander Vs Waterford game. After all that is what this thread is titled. I want to say good luck to Waterford. I hope the Waterford crowd is out in full force and supporting their Lady Wildcats for this game.

I think Alexander has a great team and a good program. They will be ready.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

They should cover the entire county period.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

First of all---this post is about the game.

If you need to complain about the messenger then I would call them and let them know how you feel. If there are enough people who complain, then maybe they will look into changing things for you.
I agree that K.Wiseman does many Alex games, but he does a great job at it when he is there. Regardless of what game he covers, you get a lot of detail from him on the game. If things keep getting worse with the economy then we may not have any sports coverage in the area. Hats off to Kevin!!!!
I am sure if any area team had done the same thing the Lady Spartans done over break they would have covered them too. What an experience for the girls and with the article that was in the paper, now those who supported the girls know what they done and that they came home winners which topped it all off.

Lady Spartans, continue to work hard and come home winners from Waterford on Wednesday night.

Lets get this posting back on track and talk about the game. These two teams have some great atheletes and this will be a great game. I wouldn't miss this one for the world.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

Obviously nobody caught on to the sarcasm I posted. To put it straight out there, if those young ladies are getting more paper time it might be well deserved. That group of young ladies have done some very unique things. Alaska and the State Championship are things that just don't happen everyday, especially in southern Ohio. Not to mention that the Senior group of young ladies out there are probably the most decorated athletes this area has seen in awhile, maybe ever. By that I mean trips to the State. Not too many athletes especially from Southern Ohio can go to a college coach and say I've been to State, let alone the Senior group that have been to State 4 or more times Steel Reserve, are in fact from Alex. The Skidmore girl after track will more than likely been there 9 times. That is flat amazing. As an athlete it is hard to maintain that kind of intensity in one sport let alone 2 or 3. Hats off to those ladies and keep up the hard work and good luck against Waterford and Fed Hock.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

good luck to both teams ...
and I contacted the messenger once about reporting on sporting events.. their answer was there is not enough reporters and if they don't cover the game its up to the schools AD or coach to contact them with info...
btw Nelsonville York had people that has gone to state for wrestling and track in the past 6 years or so... :122245

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

OK back on topic as I stated before Alex will have to play someone with a winning record this week and could end up loosing 2 games this week. They will loose on the road by 15 to Waterford and 4 to Federal Hocking. I just don't think they will be ready for the pressure Waterford will bring at them and then they won't get it together for F.H.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

ervbaseball13 wrote:Obviously nobody caught on to the sarcasm I posted. To put it straight out there, if those young ladies are getting more paper time it might be well deserved. That group of young ladies have done some very unique things. Alaska and the State Championship are things that just don't happen everyday, especially in southern Ohio. Not to mention that the Senior group of young ladies out there are probably the most decorated athletes this area has seen in awhile, maybe ever. By that I mean trips to the State. Not too many athletes especially from Southern Ohio can go to a college coach and say I've been to State, let alone the Senior group that have been to State 4 or more times Steel Reserve, are in fact from Alex. The Skidmore girl after track will more than likely been there 9 times. That is flat amazing. As an athlete it is hard to maintain that kind of intensity in one sport let alone 2 or 3. Hats off to those ladies and keep up the hard work and good luck against Waterford and Fed Hock.

I got where you was coming from. Nice job!!! These girls are very talented and deserve the press they get. I do believe they will be ready for anyone after the teams they faced in Alaska. It was no piece of cake up there as some of you seem to think it was. Good luck ladies! Thanks evrbaseball13 for your support

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

WangoZTango wrote:Perhaps High School news coverage is based on players who have a chance to move on to the next level - college!

Another thought is to report on individuals or teams that make it to THE STATE LEVEL

Our area has some amazing atheletes - Which current TVC atheletes have been to STATE? More than once?

TVC Ohio

Alexander
Lauren Raines: 2-3 volleyball, 1 basketball
Whitney Smith: 2-3 volleyball, 1 basketball
Emily Skidmore: 4 Cross Country, 1 basketball, 3 Track

Athens?
Belpre?
Meigs?
Nelsonville?
Vinton County?

TVC Hocking

Eastern?

Federal Hocking
Emily Dunfee: 1 Track
Cory Vales: 2 Track / 1 Title

Miller?
Southern?
Trimble?

Waterford?
Jessie Drayer: Track

If you have more info to fill in this list...Please post

I believe that for teams...STATE is defined as making it to THE FINAL 4...

Also for Federal Hocking Cory Vales made it in Track last year and brought home a state title in the High Jump Competition jumping 6 feet 10 inches i believe!

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

May I ask why everyone is talking about a newspaper and what happened on a PAST trip the ladies from Alexander took? This forum is suppose, I repeat suppose, to be about the game tomorrow night.
I admit that I am a big supporter of the teams that come out of the TVC hocking division, especially the lady wildcats. But Waterford will have to really play well to come out with a W on this one. Alexander has a very good team, I watched them play when they were at the Convo and they will be a team to watch come tournament time. But please, even I know that it is very unlikely that the lady cats will "take this one by about 20-25 points". That is just an unrealistic dream.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

basketballjunky, I agree. This post is about the Waterford/Alexander girls basketball game. Hope everyone can stay on point. This will be a very challanging ballgame for both teams. Look for it to be a close game as well. To all Lady Cat fans, come out and support the Lady Cats. Lets fill the gym w Kelly Green and White.
GO LADY CATS!!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Go Lady Cats. We know you can do it. The faithful will be there to cheer you on.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Is anyone covering this game?

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Snowing now, I hope it doesn't get canceled. Hope someone can give us updates.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Updates on this game?

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

Any updates??

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Waterford wins this one 54-38. King scores her 1000th point in 3rd quarter. Congratulations!! Good Win for the Lady Cats.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wow, that sounds like a BEAT DOWN. Was Alex worn out from the flight? the long commutes to and from school maybe?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congrats Cats!

Will there be another match up later in the year since they are in the same conference? Or since they are in different divisions of the league, will they just play the one game.

Good Luck to both the Lady Wildcats and Spartans!

Return to “Girls Basketball”