Div. 4 Athens Sectional records?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Div. 4 Athens Sectional records?

Post by Steely Dan »

OK, Brutus, I did the research myself. The Waterford and South Gallia's schedules are night and day from each other.

Guess what? They played one common opponent, on the same floor, at Reedsville Eastern.

Your beloved Lady Rebels squeaked out a 52-50 victory over the Eagles.

Waterford walked into the gym in Reedsville and destroyed the Lady Eagles to the tune of 80-17.

You wanna talk about a close game between Waterford and South Gallia? Keep dreaming.........

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Yes, I agree that Waterford will probably get the 1 seed in the sectional but I also agree with Brutus that everyone has flukes in basketball and SG has had a couple. Also, when SG played Eastern, they had some major injuries that they were trying to recover from and they still beat them. Yes, Waterford did beat them a lot worse than SG but has it ever happened that a team beats another team then turns around and looses to someone that that team has beat? I believe so.Take the Meigs and River Valley game for example. Meigs beat RV and lost to Eastern but RV beat Eastern. SG's girl's team has a lot of talent and HEART!!!They wouldn't let anyone get away with an easy W!!!! I think it would be a hard fought game as well!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Maybe you'll get you wish and end up having to play Waterford. Then we will find out how much talent versus heart your team has.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford is 8-2 beat Miller tonight 83-18 at Miller. Starters
played only half of the game.

Waterford moves to 9-2 after defeating Fed Hock last night 59-53
Waterford 12-2 after wins over Southern, Marietta, Fort Frye.
Last edited by Prime Time on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BGBSTN
Waterboy

Post by BGBSTN »

This is crazy, Waterford would destroy South Gallia by 40+. Waterford has so much talent with King, Drayer, Brown and co. They are on a whole different level than anyone else in the sectional.

Say_It_Ain't_So
Waterboy

Post by Say_It_Ain't_So »

My guess at seeding:

1. Waterford
2. South Gallia
3. FF Green or SV or Eastern Reed
6. Beaver Eastern
7. Southern
8. ISJ
9. Miller

Waterford is top dog with no exceptions

South Gallia great record, but need to raise the level of competition in your schedule. Take an unbiased look at Waterford's schedule and compare it to your own. Miles of difference.

Other than reading what's posted here, I can only guess that FFG and SV are average teams with bad nights. Eastern Reed has been improving as the season has progressed. Lots of underclassmen starting to get their act together and don't forget the addition of Turley to the mix. Once all the injuries heal and Turley gets back to game shape Eastern could be one of the surprise teams.

Beaver and Southern have struggled this season. I give the edge to Beaver because of the early season victory over Southern.

ISJ not much info available; however, what I have seen in the papers and such, their victories have been close games over weak competition.

Miller. O'fer the year.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Ironton St.Joseph is 5-7, the last I knew.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

South Gallia lost to New Boston tonight by a score of 60-30. I guess that loss shouldn't have happened either, now shouldn't it have????? :roll: :roll: :roll: Is a 30 point loss another "fluke"????

I am not sure I've seen more rationalization about a team's losses than what has been posted on this thread.

What a weak schedule. SG will be lucky to win their first game in the sectional.........

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I wasnt at that game so I cant say anything about it except for some of our girls still are not healed up yet from there injuries and I think one of them couldnt even play in that game because of that reason...

Well you think about like ESPN did when they said that OJ MAYO wouldnt be any good in the NBA if you dont think SG will win there sectional game! If they get the number 2 seed they will play the 3rd worse team in the sectional. But I doubt they will get the 2 seed anyway since there are so many TVC teams in that sectional and I am sure they will be biased about the seeding like they were when I played in 05 and 06 for the boys at SG

The Filthy One
Waterboy

Post by The Filthy One »

Please, you are embarrassing yourself, lets not talk about SG and OJ in the same sentence. South Gallia is not a good team. Do you honestly think that Waterford will be the 1 seed because of a TVC bias, or is it because they have played a tough schedule are are tournament proven.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

The Waterford Lady Cats are now 11-2 after defeating The Marietta Lady
Tigers tonght 68-49. Way to go ladies. Kim Barker had a tremendous game w/ 23 pts, Sina King 20pts, and Jessie Drayer 18pts. Keep it going ladies. Hopefully will be able to play the Trimble make-up game wed, weather permitting.

GO LADY CATS!!!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

The Filthy One wrote:Please, you are embarrassing yourself, lets not talk about SG and OJ in the same sentence. South Gallia is not a good team. Do you honestly think that Waterford will be the 1 seed because of a TVC bias, or is it because they have played a tough schedule are are tournament proven.

I never said Waterford would get the 1 seed because of a TVC bias, I said SG might not get a 2 seed because of a TVC bias. IDK how I am embarrassing myself but I can see how you are since you can't even comprehend the english language :lol: !!!

And I went to SG and I played against OJ 5 times in basketball and 4 times in football so why shouldnt I put them both in the same sentence? But I do think that Waterford will get the 1 seed because they have all of the advantages in there favor just about...

And by the way I did beat OJ in both sports! And I have beat both of michael jordan's boys in basketball playing 1 on 1 at a camp and i still went to SG durring that time period too :lol: and you were trying to embarrass me by saying that I shouldnt put SG and OJ together haha

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

#1 seed Waterford 12-2 plays the winner of #6 seed Southern 3-11 and #9 seed Miller 0-15 on 2/21. The Southern vs. Miller game is 2/16.

#2 seed South Gallia 10-4 plays #7 seed Eastern Pike 4-10 on 2/21.

#3 seed Green 9-6 plays #6 seed St.Joe 6-8 on 2/19.

#4 seed Eastern Meigs 6-8 plays #5 seed Symmes Valley 5-8 on 2/19.

Good Luck to all!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

The Waterford LADY CATS are now 14-2 after last nights win over Miller.
Make the win total 15-2 after todays win over Southern 79-9. Keep it going ladies.

GO LADY CATS!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”