Federal v/s Alexander

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Federal v/s Alexander

Post by Steely Dan »

Geesh, either there is a broadband internet issue out Albany way, or if I'm not mistaken, I hear nothing but crickets. Oh, my bad, it is way too cold for the crickets to be singing.

Boy, sure is quiet...........

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

As I mentioned last week, they do not come out (especially the parents) after a loss. But by golly they will be in full force after beating up on Wellston by 60!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Spartan4Life wrote:Shouldn't be close. Alexander is really fired up after what happened at Waterford. I look for them to take it out on the unfortunate Lancers. Spartans by 15+.

Ok, since there is absolutely no play from the Spartan Faithful after tonight's game, I'm gonna take this and run...

Boy there Nostradamous, you were really on the mark there, now weren't you???

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

No one came in here beside one stupid spartan fan and said they would win big. What do you want them to say, congrats on the win your team did great. Its one thing if all their fans are saying their going to kill you but when one does they dont need to apologize. The same person is in all the Alex threads saying they are going to kill everyone. Most people who know Alexander folks know their pretty good people besides a few immature jerks and wouldn't mind saying congrats. Ill speak for them great job Lady Lancers if you need to hear it.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

No, we are not waiting to hear, "great job". We are just waiting for the next wave of rationalization that flooded this forum after your loss to Waterford.

We don't need your congratulations, or admiration. Just go back and look at the last five games you've played, and all the noise on here. You come back to the lower 48, and drop two straight, and "nothin".

Otherwise, all of your supporters are braggin' you up, ad nauseum......until you drop a couple.

The Fed Hock program clearly does not need your endorsement, here or anywhere else. Would have been a nice show of class to show a little recognition on a game well played, but I guess that is asking too much.........

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wow!!!! Even the Athens Messenger buries the Alexander Loss!!!!! How in the hell is there NO story, mention, or score on this game in the Sunday paper? I can understand space considerations, however you have a feature article on Logan v. Warren, two non-county schools. Would there have been no coverage with an Alex win??????? Amazing how Alexander gets expose' into the lives of their students covering three pages, and front page headlines after almost every win, however drop a game to a county school and wow, no story or score!!!! No wonder so many of the county population can't stand the Athens Messenger!

ladyspartanfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyspartanfan »

Pol Pot wrote:Wow!!!! Even the Athens Messenger buries the Alexander Loss!!!!! How in the hell is there NO story, mention, or score on this game in the Sunday paper? I can understand space considerations, however you have a feature article on Logan v. Warren, two non-county schools. Would there have been no coverage with an Alex win??????? Amazing how Alexander gets expose' into the lives of their students covering three pages, and front page headlines after almost every win, however drop a game to a county school and wow, no story or score!!!! No wonder so many of the county population can't stand the Athens Messenger!

Is there any articles on the blow-out boys games in Sunday's paper where both JV and Varsity boys win bigger than big against Federal Hocking? I'm sure it will be in Monday's paper. Be patient. It sounds like you can't wait for everyone to read about your 4 point victory against the Lady Spartans. I know how excited you must be. I think that is BIG news myself and it should be all over the paper - all the way through the paper and continued in the paper for days. Come on Athens Messenger get those many articles written about the Lady Lancers beating the Lady Spartans. The Lady Lancers actually beat the Lady Spartans.....by 4 points. That is some exciting reading. I'm sure everyone in the county will be impressed. Way to go Lancers!
Last edited by ladyspartanfan on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

ladyspartanfan wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:Wow!!!! Even the Athens Messenger buries the Alexander Loss!!!!! How in the hell is there NO story, mention, or score on this game in the Sunday paper? I can understand space considerations, however you have a feature article on Logan v. Warren, two non-county schools. Would there have been no coverage with an Alex win??????? Amazing how Alexander gets expose' into the lives of their students covering three pages, and front page headlines after almost every win, however drop a game to a county school and wow, no story or score!!!! No wonder so many of the county population can't stand the Athens Messenger!

Is there an article on the blow-out boys game in Sunday's paper where both JV and Varsity boys win bigger than big against Federal Hocking? I'm sure it will be in Monday's paper. Be patient. It sounds like you can't wait for everyone to read about your 4 point victory against the Lady Spartans. I think that is BIG news and it should be all over the paper - all the way through the paper. Come on Athens Messenger get those articles written for the county to read. The Lady Lancers actually beat the Lady Spartans.....by 4 points. That is some exciting reading there. Way to go Lancers!

The Lady Lancers led the ENTIRE game, with the lead as little as 4 (near the end) and the lead by as much as 16 (early to mid 3rd quarter). The whole game they held an 8-16 point lead. Alexander teams, in any sport, always have grit and never give up. They fought back towards the end, but it wasn't enough. Great game by both teams!

ladyspartanfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyspartanfan »

sball32 wrote:
ladyspartanfan wrote:

Is there an article on the blow-out boys game in Sunday's paper where both JV and Varsity boys win bigger than big against Federal Hocking? I'm sure it will be in Monday's paper. Be patient. It sounds like you can't wait for everyone to read about your 4 point victory against the Lady Spartans. I think that is BIG news and it should be all over the paper - all the way through the paper. Come on Athens Messenger get those articles written for the county to read. The Lady Lancers actually beat the Lady Spartans.....by 4 points. That is some exciting reading there. Way to go Lancers!

The Lady Lancers led the ENTIRE game, with the lead as little as 4 (near the end) and the lead by as much as 16 (early to mid 3rd quarter). The whole game they held an 8-16 point lead. Alexander teams, in any sport, always have grit and never give up. They fought back towards the end, but it wasn't enough. Great game by both teams!

That will be such a great article! The whole community should be proud. Go Lancers!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Since the same reporter probably covered all three game and it was late when the games were done I'd say that
is why you didn't see anything in today's paper. I'm sure it was past the dead line. The interesting thing will be what reporter covered the games and will the Federal girls article be as big as the Alexander boys article?

ladyspartanfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyspartanfan »

athens78 wrote:Since the same reporter probably covered all three game and it was late when the games were done I'd say that
is why you didn't see anything in today's paper. I'm sure it was past the dead line. The interesting thing will be what reporter covered the games and will the Federal girls article be as big as the Alexander boys article?

It better be! I mean the girls DID win by 4 points! If it is not a big article, I think that I will just call them and complain! I want to make sure that everyone knows that the Lady Lancers finally beat the Lady Spartans by 4 points. The boys scores were nothing compared to that Lady Lancer game. OMG, what a game!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, in all fairness (OK, I'm sure you're not going to believe this coming from me), the Mess had someone there to cover the girls and boys game. athens78 is more than likely correct, too much to put onto paper before the deadline.

Bulldog93 was there to cover the game, so I'm pretty confident that he will do justice to providing coverage for both the girls and boys games.

After the first three minutes of the game, Fed Hock pretty much had control, and totally dominated stretches of the game. The four point final, was as close as the Lady Spartans got after the first quarter.

Four points or forty points, a win is a win. I, for one, don't give a crap about "style points". It goes into the record books as a win, and will certainly be very influential in the tournament seedings come February 1st.

ervbaseball13
Riding the Bench

Post by ervbaseball13 »

Congrats to Fed Hock. What a great night for girls basketball. The crowd was intense and loud for both teams. Fed played really good and showed alot of character and focus when Alex made the run in the 3rd and 4th. Hope the Alex girls keep their heads up, they looked better last night. Fed keep up the hard work and intensity.Does anyone know when Waterford comes to town? Can't wait to see that matchup! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way. I'm pretty sure from the baseball playing days the deadline for the paper is around 10pm for the sunday paper. Give or take a little.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Waterford comes to beautiful downtown Sturt on Thursday, 1-22. Game time is 7 PM, since there is no JV contest.

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Well I didnt go into the Alex vs. Waterford thread, I just went into this one because I know people from both schools and thought I would check out how both schools did. Looks like it was a great game. The Alex people I talked to didn't complain they said Fed had a decent lead most of the game and that Alex made a run late. Just defending some of those Spartans fans who don't get on here and say their going to win every game by 50.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Way to go Lady Lancers, guess the Hocking is stronger by far than the Ohio division.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

ladyspartanfan- Pol Pot is not a FH fan. You really should review some posts before you post...Why not highlight the inaccuracies in his post rather than belittle the winning team. Pol Pot likes to stir things up and you took the bait.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Steely Dan wrote:This game was decided in the trenches, as I expected it to be. Dunfee and Butcher were the focus of the Lady Spartan defense, and the post players for Fed Hock stepped up and made the difference.

Raines got her points, as did Smith in the third and fourth quarters, after getting shutdown earlier in the game. Dunfee, Butcher and McKibben stepped up, but it was the play of #32 and #30 that made the difference in the end. Offensive rebounds, post defense, blocked shots (#32 had a number of key blocks) and key defensive rebounds won it for the Lady Lancers. Great game ladies, let's keep it going!

I think #32 is Julie Vinson and she is a only a junior. Great game by all the Lady Lancers but Julie had an outstanding game.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Waterford will beat Fed by 20.

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

Congrats Lancers!

Return to “Girls Basketball”