Waterford vs Parkersburg South 1/12

Gregg811
Varsity

Waterford vs Parkersburg South 1/12

Post by Gregg811 »

Any thoughts, comments, or predictions on this game. I think it will be another great test for the Lady Cats, but one they can come out on top of. The Cats need to play great defense like the Alexander game. The offense will feed off the defense. Good luck ladies.

Go Lady Cats!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Waterford vs Parkersburg South 1/12

Post by Black Panther »

Is the current Parkersburg South coach the one that coached at Oak Hill the year Doug Hale was out? I thought she had gone back to wv.If it's not her,do you know where she coaches now? Thanks!

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford goes into South & pulls off the upset.
Waterford 58
Park South 54

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I like Waterford, 66-56 in this one. Too much height, and skill. Good luck to the Lady Cats!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

WATERFORD BY 15-25 PTS.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

I wanna say the lady cats will win this one but I don't know. I think this one will be tight the entire game. Parkersburg South was rated 1st in wv last year but they wouldn't have been rated in Ohio. I think the lady cats get a big win by beating the patriots by 2 in OVERTIME!!!

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

I predict:

The officiating will be very suspect at best, and Close will get tossed out!!!!

Those WV people are not going to like a little rural Ohio school going in there and playing with a AAA title contender.

Dave Poe will not write a word if the Cats win.

Good luck Waterford!

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Good Luck to the Lady Wildcats. I won't be able to come and watch. I thought the girls looked pretty good against Alexander. Defense was much better. Team chemistry is getting better also. Can't wait for things to get clicking for everyone on the offensive end as well. Keep working hard and good things will happen.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

I would love to see Waterford pull off the win. But I don't think they are quite in the league with South just yet. Not a slam, but they were AAA champs last year and return a very good team. I also agree they would not have done that even in D3 Ohio. But they are still a good team. As much as it may not sound like it, I am pulling for ya CATS. Good Luck!

PS. Scott Stevens is South Head Coach. Had a couple of daughters graduate last few years. they weren't bad. That's sarcasm. Both D1 I believe.

Ricky Gemstone
Waterboy

Post by Ricky Gemstone »

West Virginia is a joke, Waterford wins this one by 10+

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Ask Coach Arnohalt (Zanesville) about playing AT SOUTH. Waterford has no chance and if you go you will see why. It is no wonder SOUTH has trouble getting into leagues or finding games each year.

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

Waterford by 10-15. Shouldn't be too much trouble for them with South having the home court advantage. They can play through the bad calls, most anywhere...

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

sball32 wrote:Waterford by 10-15. Shouldn't be too much trouble for them with South having the home court advantage. They can play through the bad calls, most anywhere...

I hope you are correct, I will be pulling for the Cats but I'm telling you. It would not suprise me if South wins by 10+ and I wouldn't be suprised to see an ejection.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Would like to see the Cats win one here for the little schools of SE Ohio, But I think south will take this one, (just to strong & fast) South BY 20. Hope I'm wrong.

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

GO PARKERSBURG take Waterford off their perch. :razz:
Nah, actually think that will be a good game. good luck both teams

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Do you really think the officials will be that BAD? If so, that is really sad! Good Luck Cats. Hopefully you will be able to overcome any obstacles tonight. As far as coach Close getting thrown out....I would have to say that I have never seen him even close to getting thrown out. He usually keeps his cool and concentrates on coaching his girls. Again...Good Luck Wildcats. Go Get 'em!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Almost game time. Let's do it ladies. Good Luck

GO LADY CATS!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Can I get a Witness? Score, please! I hope that the Lady Cats came away victorious! We Fed Hock fans were pulling for you!!!!!!!!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Steely Dan, Score 59-57 Parkersburg South. What a game for the Lady cats. Had the ball to try and tie the score, but it didn't happen. A great accomplishment for this gruop of ladies to go to South and play this well and almost beat the defending state champs. Keep your chins up ladies, we in Wilcat Country and beyond it seems are very proud of you. This get one on thursday against Trimble.

GO LADY CATS!!!

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

PS. Scott Stevens is South Head Coach. Had a couple of daughters graduate last few years. they weren't bad. That's sarcasm. Both D1 I believe.[/quote]

Kim Stephens plays for Glenville DII.

Return to “Girls Basketball”