SOC 1 2011

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC 1 2011

Post by UUsokkr12 »

constantine wrote:Do you think NDs defense had anything to do with clay struggling.? Seen ND play twice now and they play pretty hard.
It was a very ugly game. Clay had a lot of unforced turnovers by just throwing the ball around and ND did an excellent job capitalizing on those turnovers.

Clay was playing zone the first quarter and held ND to 10 pts then went away from the some for some reason and fell behind by 20 pts. Clay's coach can take the blame for that IMO. ND did not make a shot outside the paint..their furthest basket was from the foul line in the 1st qtr. All their points were from the paint and mostly layups and Clay's coach couldn't seem to recognize it.

ND used 3 different players to follow Curley everywhere she went and was able to make it a difficult game for her. Fouls seemed to be a problem for both teams as well. A win is a win and congrats to ND for beating Clay.

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

ND came out with an intensity Clay couldn't match. Foul trouble early forced coach Castle to go to his bench players for a majority of the first half. The result was an excessive number of turnovers that led to easy lay ups at the other end, not running their offense properly, and not getting into any sort of shooting rhythm. They were stone cold from the field. ND was in the double bonus for almost the entire second quarter. The second half was much more indicative of how the Panthers can play. Same thing happened against Valley. Clay is learning how to play without a strong post presence for the first time in 4 years. The two guards, Spriggs and Curley, took the ball inside and made some things happen in the second half and that bodes well for the rest of the season. With Clay it seems like the chemistry isn't there yet. Castle just needs to put his 5 best players on the floor and let them play through their mistakes. IMO Curley-Spriggs-Redding-Jenkins-Whitley are his best five, yet they are rarely all on the floor at the same time.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND over Western 51-37 . Everyone played lots of minutes. ND 7-1 going into xmas break. score was 25-8 at the half. lot of young teams in the SOC 1 this year. leads to alot of ugly games.

what does the standings look like at the break ? overall the level of play is not as good as was last year . Clay struggles with the loss of Hempill , Eastern loses Staker/Rowe. Seems like every team struggles to score . too critical or right on ?

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

I say your right on ManitouDan! I would have to agree. I dont know wether to chalk it
up as girls being girls or what....
Its like one game they can beat the world and the next game they couldnt beat the biddy
league team.
Just from what games Ive seen..its been torchure. Not playing with any intensity, just
kinda blaaaaa

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND at Western last night was played before about 50 people. Overall the level of play is shockingly low . I ask at the end of last year how does an SOC 1 team go to the convo and be competitive. After watching the league this season I feel dumb for even asking. I don't think you could field an SOC 1 all star squad and finish in the top 5 in the SOC II .
I'm an old school type guy and just don't see the fundamentals being executed. MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

NB Tigers 43
SJ Flyers 40
at NB

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Eastern's records are 6-3, 4-2
Western's records are 1-8, 1-5

I don't know any other records. Maybe others can help us out.

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

SV is 4-2
league play and
4-3 over all
Lost to Clay and Eastern and Rock Hill

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND 8-1 . 7-0 in league and a non league loss to a solid Raceland team. and a OOC win over St Joe . I think thats correct. MD

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

South Webster 57
CLAY 49 (4-4, 4-2)

Clay was down 15 late in the third/early fourth quarter but battled back to within 3 at 49-46 with 2 minutes remaining before the wheels came off again after a Webster time out. The Panthers were really bad at the free throw line, hitting on only 9 of 22 or 23 chances and it cost them another game they could have won. I think Webster hit only one field goal outside of 10 feet--the rest of their field goals were back-door layups and put-backs under the basket. There is definitely something amiss at Clay but it isn't a lack of effort or talent...

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

wish I would have known this game was being played tonight. Clay play again this week ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

playing SOC I level. talent will help Clay down the road IMO. MD

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

ManitouDan wrote:playing SOC I level. talent will help Clay down the road IMO. MD
Did you mean SOC II?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes SOC II . my mistake

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Who won the East@South Gallia game on 12-27?

Return to “Girls Basketball”