JV Team

Re: Alexander At Belpre - 1/26

Post by kcarth305 »

Alexander by 20+

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Game is on. Let the snow hold off til after midnite.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

anybody got a score?

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Alex 68 Belpre 27

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Wow! I was impressed. Alex is one of the best and probably the deepest teams I have saw play this year. Very well coached and goes about 8 or 9 deep. Alot of experience with 6 seniors. I would like to see them play Williamstown and would love to have saw them play Waterford. Belpre is very young and didnt play well and needs to forget about this one and move on. There is better days in the future for the Lady Eagles. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Let's be honest...........

Alex is not this good, and

Belpre, honestly, is not that bad.

Just a couple of teams meeting, when they arr hitting their pitch, or otherwise..........

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

Great job Lady Spartans on you win last night over Belpre. I will have to say that this was the best TEAM win so far. Everyone worked together on making things happen. Keep working hard ladies.

Also would like to say great job on Sat. beating Minford on their home court 50-42. Very physical (football) game. lol
If you ladies keep working together like you have the last 2 game you should go DEEP in tournaments. The spartans supporters are very proud of you.

Good luck on Thursday(weather permitting) against Wellston at home.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Steely Dan I have not watch Alexander play all their games but it sounds like to me they had a bought (spelling ?) of injuries and illnesses when they came back from Alaska. I don't think you saw the true Alexander TEAM play. I don't won't my home school to meet them in the tourney, sounds like they are becoming more healthy and back to working like a team. You can count them out if you want but I hope my school will take them seriously if they draw them in the tourney. In the last 3 games there has been alot of girls scoring with a different high score everygame. Close in scoring too, I think against meigs it was like 16 then 9 and 9, then 8, 7, 6 and 6 this is balanced scoring which makes them hard to defend.
Although, I would not take anything from Waterford or Federal Hocking which are both good teams, I just don't think Alex was 100% against them. I am not saying their play because the other team has alot to do with that, I am saying their health which also plays a role.
Good luck to all the rest of the season and in the tourney.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

Buckfever--- will have to agree with you on your post. The Lady Spartans have been battling injuries but are all working hard to get better. They have worked as a team the last couple of games and it shows. Several of these young ladies are getting points. Facing Waterford and FH in the same week was tough. Both these teams are good.

Last night Alex played Belpre and I am pretty sure that every girl on the team made their mark in the books except maybe one. That is a very well rounded team. Hope the messenger will get some info on the game to give all the girls credit for their work. Smith and McClain was probably the high scorers with possibly them both having double-doubles. Great work ladies. The assist were pretty high last night for the team as well. When you work as a team good things happen. Keep it up Ladies! Conquer your dream.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

sports mom 09.....Kevin Wiseman of The Messenger said he did not hear from Coach Guthrie last night on the Belpre game. In fact, I gave him the score, which I was tracking down the score to update my scores and standings.

Maybe he could have gotten something from the Parkersburg News and Sentinel, but I don't know.

Anyway, he didn't hear from Coach Guthrie.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

steely dan, I most agree with you Alex had to play good to beat Belpre this much and I can tell Alex won because the fans are on here beating their chest again. Where were they when they lost the last couple of weeks. Now they want it on the front page of the paper. I bet itisi aparent worried about seeing their kids name in it. Is there any chance they can match with F.H. in the tournament so we can see who would win on an impartial court.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

birdman wrote:steely dan, I most agree with you Alex had to play good to beat Belpre this much and I can tell Alex won because the fans are on here beating their chest again. Where were they when they lost the last couple of weeks. Now they want it on the front page of the paper. I bet itisi aparent worried about seeing their kids name in it. Is there any chance they can match with F.H. in the tournament so we can see who would win on an impartial court.

If your jabs are at me birdman..go ahead..I am not always able to get on the internet so therefore I post when it is possible. If you go back and look at my post I don't over exaggerate about the girls and I give credit to the whole team. I am pretty much the only one who has posted about the girls on this thread so to say the fans are here beating their chest????????????? not sure what you are talking about there. You must not like Alexander to be so negative everytime someone posts. Sorry I don't keep up with every post and reply after every game...I do when I am able to. Alexanders losses to Waterford and FH and Riverview were great games and I feel that it could have went either way with all three teams. The Lady Spartans needed to attack the basket in all three of these games. Expecially the Waterford game when they had girls in foul trouble in 1st quarter. FH girls played an excellent game against Alex and the Lady Spartans didn't play to potential. Riverview game with Alex was another great game and I was shocked that the game ended so close. They are DII and Alex hung with them pretty well. Birdman, you should lighten up buddy...

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Unbiased opinion here! I have saw Fed. Hock., Waterford and Alex. play, and I know that Alex has lost to them. If Alex plays the way they did the other night VS. Belpre, I take Alex. Maybe this was the best game Alex has played all year. Don't know. But that team, that night, Alex would have beaten both of them. No disrespect to any of the teams. Alex and Waterford are very close. Fed. struggles with depth. All 3 are good teams,

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

All 3 are very good. Go Spartans!!!!!! Go Steelers!!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”