Oak Hill 2007-2008

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
oak hill71 wrote:
whythehale? wrote:I do not think SHE ever wanted to be in Oak Hill, I think her dad just wants her where he thinks she will get the most playing time or exposure. Oak Hill may surprise people this year (as they have been known to do in the past) but right now I think most do not expect a whole lot. There seem to be some hidden problems down in the hill.

From what she told me, she has said that she is going to miss Oak Hill very much. Not only for the basketball, but becasue all of her friedns are in Oak Hill.

I am pretty sure that this wasn't Shantelle's decision

I don't think it was either, but what are you ging to do?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

know your role wrote:MOF,
Let's hope you right, let's hope that all parents decide where they live and not the kids.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I heard she wasn't actually from Oak Hill either.Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Ruff is not going to Oak Hill, and the Rathburn girl used to live down towards Gallipolis, I think. Didn't she go to Minford at some point?

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Black Panther wrote:
Let's hope you right, let's hope that all parents decide where they live and not the kids.
Correct me if i'm wrong but I heard she wasn't actually from Oak Hill either.Can someone confirm this? Thanks!

No, she was from Gallipolis. And I don't believe she ever attended Minford, I could be wrong though. If I'm not mistaken, the Burton girl attended Minford.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

If Oak Hill does not recruit, then why are we having such long discussions on where girls are from or where did they go. Coach Hale better be careful.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

"build it and they will come"
"get cocky and they will run"

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

you guys kill me :lol:

It just goes to show that students come and go into our school just the same as any other school.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

oak hill71 wrote:
Black Panther wrote:

No, she was from Gallipolis. And I don't believe she ever attended Minford, I could be wrong though. If I'm not mistaken, the Burton girl attended Minford.
I bet that will make GAHS Forevers day to hear that!! LOL...

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

If I remember right with Marshall originally from Burg and Gleim from Minford, that leaves only 5 girls in the upper 3 grades from Oak Hill. Add that to the 3 (?) in the freshman class and that's a total of 8 in the entire school. What have the Jr. High and Pee Wee levels been like over the past few years and are the transfers from other schools affecting the participation from local kids after Jr. High?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Recruiting will go down when Hale's kids are out, he will stop coaching AAU and have less time to "coach" players. ;-)

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Minford Millie wrote:If I remember right with Marshall originally from Burg and Gleim from Minford, that leaves only 5 girls in the upper 3 grades from Oak Hill. Add that to the 3 (?) in the freshman class and that's a total of 8 in the entire school. What have the Jr. High and Pee Wee levels been like over the past few years and are the transfers from other schools affecting the participation from local kids after Jr. High?

Will people just shut up about "recruiting", it happens at every school. And Doug Hale never once recruited, the players voluntarily come there because of the coaching prestige Hale has. Maybe if other schools would get better the kids wouldn't have to transfer to Oak Hill to be on a winning team.

Also, I gurantee their would be no talk about this if Oak Hill wasn't as dominate on the court as they have been over the past few years.

This is all just my opinion though.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

OK folks, I've sat and read all these "recruiting" messages and I've got to speak up. My daughter has been the point guard on Coach Hale's AAU for five years now. Coach Hale has never approached her about coming to Oak Hill. For the most part the same girls have been on his team throughout this period and he has been devoted to these 7-8 girls during this time. Only one of the those girls made the decision to transfer to Oak Hill and that was back in the sixth grade. This girl is an excellent student and her family made this decision because they felt it would benefit her for many reasons, educational and athletics, just like so many other parents do in other school districts. Coach Hale did not asked her to come. It's their daughter, their choice and they will do what is best for her. It is none of anyone else's business.

The educational opportunites in the Oak Hill district are excellent. Coach Hale is an awesome coach. He respects his players and they respect him. It's that simple. I would like to wish the Lady Oaks and Coach Hale much success this season!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Inviting players from other schools to go to shoot-outs with his team is illegal.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I don't believe any player from another school has ever done that.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

oak hill71, nowhere in my post did I suggest anything about recuiting. I simply asked the question if the "transfers" over the years had an effect on the "local" girls participating at the high school level.

But thanks for admitting to the fact that

oak hill71 wrote:it happens at every school

Not ours! :-D
Last edited by FalconX on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Invited or recruited

Post by 4theKids »

This is for Competitor, Ironman and any other " recruited" posters.
My daughter was not recruited, was not invited and was not transferred to Oak Hill for athletics. If you can not see the problems in Jackson and the things that were going on around our home, then you need to look at how some parents are trying to run Jackson schools and Jackson athletics.
Some things are out of control, IMHO
Our son attended Jackson and I think he represented the school, the fans and the city very well..... Academically, athletically and monetarily.
He didn't embarrass the school (that I know of..lol) by getting in trouble (drugs, law or grades)
and he did every thing that was ever asked of him. He went to speak to kids in the elementary schools, the nursing home, played in any aspect that was asked of him in games and gave every ounce of himself for Jackson and his school.
Neither I nor my husband is an alumnus of Jackson and if anything- It was harder to keep my son here- as I wanted to go back to Waverly.
But with Jim having the pee wee football program..........what choice did I have? lol

Let's get off of the guessing games, the travel miles, the recruiting and stick to the KID game.................the children themselves.
We all have to make decisions and not everyone is going to agree, but do not attempt to "figure out" why parents do what they do.

BTW, just to show how wonderful Jackson has been to our family........ Very few of my daughter's friends still call her, but she is ok with that as the kids (grades 7-12) have welcomed her and made her feel at home.
She is doing very well academically and has a much better attitude at home and in the classroom.

The atmosphere and the people in Oak Hill are appreciative of every thing that anyone does for the Kids and the School. I leave the house knowing that with hubby coaching, my daughter with new kids and parents (looking after her) and me back to the picture taking mode.........we feel appreciated. I had to beg to take pictures at Jackson and a few times I was told to get off the field (not by Layton). And for anyone that knows me, I take pictures of ALL of the kids and either copy them to disc or sometimes even hand out printed photos.
The way I was raised......" Your actions speak louder than words."
And I feel, we as a family, have done everything we have been asked. (coach our kids right along with your kids, pack the car full of kids, take pics, donate time, work concessions, sell tickets, sell anything for the school, team or activity.................etc)

Now, I am ready for all the sarcasm and nice words I am going to read.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Oak Hill appreciative? Yea right! j/k (Let me clarify....I AM KIDDING)

Aside from the whole rumor thing Oak Hill is famous for, Oak Hill is not a bad place to be.( I swear when I was a kid I could get in get pulled over for running a red light at lunch and by the time school was out people would be saying I was in jail for drugs or something) I think it is one of the places that while in school everyone wants to get out of but after they leave most return to raise their kids. Also I have to admit that most (not all) of the teachers I have met, do truly care about how their students do. They will stay late and help any student who asks and most are interested in the students welfare in school and out.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I guess I should just go back and read from now on.........posting always seems to get me into trouble. :oops:

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

No Mrs. Hump, its good to hear from you. You and Mr. Hump are appreciated. Also, thanks for all the pictures you take of ALL the kids.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

I agree with md2020 as I am in pretty much the same situation that he describes, only one less year. Doug Hale is a class act. kyr:its time to be quiet unless you have some sort of proof that you would like to share. I can understand why a player would want to play for coach Hale. He is the BEST, hands down when it comes to girls basketball. No, I don't live in or anywhere near Oak Hill. I live an hour and a half away. It seems like a great little town to live in. I have had the opportunity to watch some of Oak Hills games over the last few years and here it what conclusions I've drawn.
1-He is the best coach hands down in southern ohio.
2-He puts the right people in the right places to make the right plays.
3-He gets his point across without being a screamer and the kids respect him.
4-Oak Hill fans are die hard. They have a great following. What kid wouldn't want to play in front of a packed house every game.
5-Oak hill fans are, well lets just say they think every call should go their way.
This is a perspective from someone that he has coached.

Know your role: lets give the "recruiting rumors a rest" because that is exactly what they are "rumors". I will take another guess kyr and say that maybe your child did not make the cut for a HAle coached team. Give it a rest because you are giving us Logan folks a bad name.

Good Luck to the Lady Oaks this year and good luck to Coach Hale.

Return to “Girls Basketball”