Oak Hill 2007-2008

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

things that make you go hmm :roll:

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

qualified, I would never want to give Logan or any place a bad name. I just lost a lot of respect from coach Hale when I saw him during a JV only game several years back. He came out of the stands told his JV coach to SIT DOWN and coached the rest of the game. NO coach should ever do that. NO BEST coach in Southern Ohio would do that. My kids have long graduated and I am not from Oak Hill, but I am a fan of basketball. I have watched plenty of games. Facts are facts period. I wish the GIRLS at Oak Hill the best, my piece is done here. However, it is weird that I am not the only one that talks about strange things that go on when it comes to getting players down there.

4 the Kids, I know who you are, I respect you and your family greatly. None of this was or ever has been directed to you or your family. I wish the best of luck to you and your family.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

you mean a varsity coach actually had the courage to take charge if things weren't happening. congrats to coach hale for taking charge and not just sitting back and let bad things happen.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

If that happened and the JV coach was told to sit down then the rest of the year the head coach needs to coach the rest of the jv games because 12 boys or girls just lost "belief" in that jv coach.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

when did that happen because it hasn't happened in the last 2 years.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I dont want to rummage through four pages to find the necessary material here...So, quick question...

Who is returning from last year's team?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

kyr:In regards to the varsity coach stepping all over the jv coach in a game situation:::::
I can identify with you on a defining moment that put this particular coach that I know in a box. As a junior high bb player coach S. beaned my buddy Joe (not his real name) for some reason or other. This coach moved on to bigger and better things and awards but Joe (nhrn) and I got him pegged. So Joe (nhrn) moved on (actually to Paducah) and I rarely see him.
When he was in therapy I avoided the bean ball issue. He is better now and when I do see him and ask "has anyone hit you in the head with a basketball lately." He laughs!
Now I know we all can't move to Paducah but it will pass. Now this is where I would put a smiley face except I don!t know how to do it.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

HUH??????

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

Qualified 101- great post earlier;however, you were wrong on one thing . You said that Coach Hale was the best coach in southen Ohio period. Actually he is third best in his building. Coach Kreisher (State championship) and Norm Persin would rank higher. Still good company. :lol:

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Minford Millie wrote:oak hill71, nowhere in my post did I suggest anything about recuiting. I simply asked the question if the "transfers" over the years had an effect on the "local" girls participating at the high school level.

But thanks for admitting to the fact that

oak hill71 wrote:it happens at every school

Not ours! :-D

Can you honestly tell me you have never had a person transfer to Minford, because that is exactly what they are doing here, and we get blamed for recruiting. I gurantee that it would start to piss you off if everytime you got on these boards and you read about your coach recruiting. Like I said transfers happen at every school.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I dont want to rummage through four pages to find the necessary material here...So, quick question...

Who is returning from last year's team?

SENIORS
Karla Moore
Kaylinn(sp) Marshall
Rachel Gleim

JUNIORS
Emily Metzler
Alison Leonard
Brittany Gililland

SOPHMORES

Karissa Adkins

FRESHMAN
Mikie Strite
Kristiana Johnson
Kyla Adkins
Kelsie Burton
Jessica Humphreys

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

oak hill71 wrote:
Minford Millie wrote:oak hill71, nowhere in my post did I suggest anything about recuiting. I simply asked the question if the "transfers" over the years had an effect on the "local" girls participating at the high school level.

But thanks for admitting to the fact that

oak hill71 wrote:it happens at every school

Not ours! :-D

Also, it doesn't have much of an effect on the local girls, because almost every girl gets playing time. But I can see in a few years how it might affect it, with all of the TRANSFERS coming in WILLINGLY without any bribery.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

oak hill71 wrote:Also, it doesn't have much of an effect on the local girls, because almost every girl gets playing time. But I can see in a few years how it might affect it, with all of the TRANSFERS coming in WILLINGLY without any bribery.

I'm not talking about playing time for the local girls that are a part of the team. I'm talking about ALL the ones that don't play (that played in pee wee and Jr. High) and that may have given up basketball because with quality players coming into the district from others schools, they may feel like they would be wasting their time.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Minford Millie wrote:
oak hill71 wrote:Also, it doesn't have much of an effect on the local girls, because almost every girl gets playing time. But I can see in a few years how it might affect it, with all of the TRANSFERS coming in WILLINGLY without any bribery.

I'm not talking about playing time for the local girls that are a part of the team. I'm talking about ALL the ones that don't play (that played in pee wee and Jr. High) and that may have given up basketball because with quality players coming into the district from others schools, they may feel like they would be wasting their time.

Ok, I understand you now.
But from what I have seen most of the people that played in Jr. High are playing this year at the JV and Varsity level, with the exception of Shantelle Rathburn and Molly Spohn. Molly gave up Basketball because she doen't like it, despit being extremely gifted it. And Rathburn transfered to Chilicothe.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill's schedule for the year. Tough first half with big tests on the road. Second half of the season mostly at Oak Hill.

19-Nov COAL GROVE AWAY 6:00
26-Nov WHEELERSBURG AWAY 6:00
29-Nov MINFORD AWAY 6:00
3-Dec WEST HOME 6:00
6-Dec SOUTH WEBSTER AWAY 6:00
10-Dec NORTHWEST HOME 6:00
13-Dec WAVERLY AWAY 6:00
15-Dec ALEXANDER Athens TBA
(OU-HOOPS CLASSIC)
17-Dec VALLEY AWAY 6:00
27-Dec SOUTH POINT AWAY 6:00
29-Dec IRONTON AWAY 1:00
3-Jan WHEELERSBURG HOME 6:00
7-Jan MINFORD HOME 6:00
10-Jan WEST AWAY 6:00
14-Jan SOUTH WEBSTER HOME 6:00
17-Jan NORTHWEST AWAY 6:00
19-Jan UPPER SCIOTO VALLEY Pickerington 10:00
(PICKERINGTON SHOOT OUT)
24-Jan WAVERLY HOME 6:00
28-Jan CLAY HOME 6:00
31-Jan VALLEY HOME 6:00

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

MOF,
I don't know much about the SOC, do you have an idea about how the league will end up?

Also it is nice to see the Lady Oaks going to Pick. that will be a great tune up for tourny time. Win or lose up there, it will make them a better team.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Obviously, Minford won the league so you have to put them at the top and South Webster was a tough team last year that got even tougher withthe addition of Kara Cayton.

4theKids
Freshman Team

thanks

Post by 4theKids »

Hi guys,
I'mmmmm back. LOL :razz:

Not really, but I appreciate all the nice words. I will try to get online a little more often this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How is lil Hump doing at XC?

It'll be good for her....make her even tougher, you know, like her Dad! lol

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

you can see her run tomorrow at the Oak Hill Invitational!

You guys are prob. in one yourselves though.

Return to “Girls Basketball”