Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

kyr:I hope you are right. I love watching the Lady Chiefs play. I hope they win alot of games. A lot of times last season they let teams back into the game after being up double digits. They do not have Cassidy to hit the three ball this year to bail them out. Anyway, Good luck to the Lady chiefs this year.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

qualified, you don't think that Harris, Bosch, Reynolds or Cassady can hit three's?

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

They got another Cassady who can hit three's, along with Harris, and Bosch.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

I am not allowed to use names unless it is positive. I will answer your question this way. If we were going to have a 3 point contest with those four, I would definitely take the freshman Cassidy hands down. When she wants to shoot she hits about 50% of the time and they are always close. She has a tremendous shooters touch. The other three are average at best shooting threes although there is of them that hasn't seen a three she didn't like. I will be at every game cheering them on this year just like last year. I don't want them to lose, i thought we were supposed to give objective opinions. I hope they prove me wrong personally!

kyr:its not that they cant make threes, its the timing of some of these threes. Freshman Cassidy will bring some surprising leadership for a younger player.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

As I have said before, and this is just my opinion, Harris doesn't need to be shooting threes, she needs to be a constant threat down low with her back to the basket. She is very good inside, and that needs to be used to its fullest advantage, to keep the defense honest. It is good that she can be a threat from outside too, but it would help the team most if she stays under the basket. Especially this year, she is the only game tested inside strength the team has. Someone else will have to step up but who else has the size? The only thing this team lacks is a couple six-footers.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

The all around game of Harris plays well for the next level. These coaches are looking for size and versitilty. When all the players have size you need this triple threat. For the Logan team her primary role should be to play big inside on offense. This she does well on the defensive end of the court. But it is what it is.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

How many teams have a couple of six footers?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

I know Nagol, all of there AAU teams! Just joking everyone, don't get riled up again. Just having fun!

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Awwwww.......Geeeeezz, Here we go again... I guess I forgot to mention that in an earlier post. AAU teams have alot more size than most school teams. Which is a very good thing for the young girls that have some height, especially elementary levels. most rec league coaches and some school coaches have no idea how to develop a big girl. There I said it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The games I went to last year-seemed to me that when Harris shot the three we didn't have anyone going to the board.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

With the team we have this year there should be more opportunities for Harris to get some put backs if she is playing the 5 spot. If she gets the ball down low and does her patent short fade away there should be chances for the weak side to go to the board. Playing the 5 spot brings more to the game then shooting the three. IMO

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Let's hope that fade away turns into a STRONG move to the basket! :-D You will see Harris in the post this year, no worries. Jess is a great player and a great team player, it will be very exciting to watch her and the rest of the Lady Chiefs play this year!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I have nothing but positive feeling about this team this year. I am not a fan of winter but come on basketball. Go Chiefs.

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

md2020,
i agree that jess's versatility is what will help her stand out among the other big girls. she can shoot. plain and simple. you can't ask a girl to stop shooting when she's makin' em.

there's a lot of talent on this varsity team and three solid starters coming back. no way will their season be a mediocre .500.

i'd just like to say, that i played aau for the first time my eighth grade year, it was an eye opener, it was rough, tough and i was guarding girls twice my size, but by the time try-outs for high school ball rolled around, i was fully prepared to play varsity basketball and i did.

LoganD14Life
Freshman Team

Post by LoganD14Life »

S.E.O.A.L LEAGUE CHAMPS.
they return 3 starters from last years team, and 3 others who lettered.
The j.v finished the season undefeated, and will be a great addition to the varsity team..
hughes will miss her first 6 games (ACL).
i look for them to have a better season than last year.
They may not be as athletic, but they will be deep.
i couldnt see them losing more than 6 games !
S.E.O.A.L CHAMPIONS !!!!

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

They are saying the Bechum the foreign exchange student is going to play ball on the team this year! She is an excellent athlete.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... who gets bumped from varsity to make room for Bechum ??? ...

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

are we talking about the same exchange student that plays jv volleyball?

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

She plays tennis, I think (but am not certain) she is the #1 singles player. And probably no one will get "bumped" from Varsity, added depth just allows for more movement from jv to varsity and vice versa. I hope that whoever is performing the best will move up and if someone is slacking off, then she should play more jv. Coach Walsh knows what is going on in the jv practices too, as they usually practice together. I don't think he is as involved in the lower levels like he should be.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

a girls bb thread with near 10,000 views :!: :!: :!: , I figured I better get in on it. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .

Return to “Girls Basketball”