Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Girls first practice is 22 Oct. Less than a month. Will scrimmage at Sheridan with Lancaster and LOgan Elm the 27th of Oct. JV will be at Lancaster for scrimmage same day. First game of the year with Fairfield Union the 16 of Nov. Go Chiefs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Any info on Bechum about her basketball playing?

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

I hope she does, I hear she's pretty good, and could bring some added depth.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

How is Cassady's ankle? Who's going to be PG now?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

My info on Cassady is that she is in rehab last 2 weeks and last visit will be Monday which is the first day of try outs next week.
She saw limited action in Tuesdays last varsity soccer game.
Prognosis is very good.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

:-D

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

How's it looking ladies? Anyone have a varsity roster?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

A lot of movement among the girls from freshman up to get the three teams.
Thompson not playing.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

is it an injury or by choice

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

ole chief: not exactly sure, i don't think its entirely set yet. i believe a couple of freshmen are practicing varsity, and another 4 or 5 freshmen are scrimmaging this weekend with jv but nothing is set in stone. I will give credit to all the girls basketball coaches for exploring all options with potential athletes. its a far cry from volleyball's shortsightedness. its like night and day.

Also i would like to apologize to the freshmen coach. I understand she is doing some good things with the girls.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

qualified could you expand on your comment on "doing some good things with the girls"? Just wondering?

It is exciting, only a couple of weeks until the opening tip. I agree with qualified, every option should be explored that is what the preseason is for.

Good luck to all of the girls, Coaches Walsh, Hermann, and Huntsberger!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

kyr: i blasted coach burns earlier in this forum and those posts got deleted even though i am a taxpayer and pay both her salaries and after some thinking time and from what i hear from practice "gossip" she is actually doing some things in practice other than scrimmaging. trust me, i have no allegiance to coach burns. i just call it like i see it, thats the way i roll. censorship is the first step towards communism.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

has anyone seen a schedule for freshmen, jv, and varsity basketball?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

md: is that a 100% sure on thompson because that could definitely hurt. didn't she have some good varsity time last year?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

101: Thompson is not playing. Not an injury thing. This info was given to the players by the coach.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Burns has ALWAYS worked on fundamentals in practices to develop her players ... never relied on "scrimmages" to "take up" practice time ... don't know where 101 got his "practice gossip" ...

... question for the Logan girls basketball gurus : what happens to ALL of the girls basketball players between 7th grade through to going to varsity? seems that the coaches are finding it hard to fill a jv/varsity roster - pulling freshmen up jv level or varsity level in order to have bodies available ...

... by the way Logan Varsity Girls should have another very good season on the hardwood ... best of luck to that whole program for the 07-08 campaign ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

pfloyd,
Obviously you don't know much about anything. Girls were pulled up for the scrimmage because many varsity players were taking the ACT. Also, if a player is good enough to play JV or Varsity they should be moved up anyway. You really could pose that question to any boys or girls program in the state. If you notice, every team doesn't have 15 seniors on their team. ALL programs lose players for multiple reasons.

You are right however, scrimmages are never used to take up practice time. But I can think of other things that are used to "take up" time.

How about we focus on the players that are playing. Best of luck ladies. How about we go for a district title this year!

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

kyr, be nice to floyd, he left once allready because of you and qualified.
Programs loose lots of kids between jr high and SR year, all programs, all schools, boys and girls. Priorities change for some, others don't want to deal with the coaches at the higher levels, and I'm sure others drop out because of getting less and less playing time as they move through the years. The current senior class had about 12 girls their freshmen year, now they are down to three i think. Look at the numbers of soph's playing football this year, by the time they are seniors I bet they will be down to less than 10. So that is not a problem specific to the girls program at logan.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

By my unofficial count there are 16 girls sophomore thru senior playing bb for Logan this year. Approximately 16 freshman girls were trying out for the team. As usual some girls will play both JV and varsity ball.
There are 12 girls on the 8th grade team. I think this is about usual for the program. Lost 3 seniors last year and we have 4 this year counting the exchange girls as a senior if she is. This set up has a total 9 girls who are either juniors or seniors. Mix in a couple sophs and freshman girls and we are close to last years team.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

floyd, back off: it was a post in favor of coach burns. don't go all hire a coach thats a teacher because they are a teacher on me again. i know you want to protect your own and i dont blame you for that. if the coach does a great job, ill post it. if the coach does a poor job i'll post it. i'm an equal opportunity poster. btw scrimmaging happens alot more than you think everywhere, not just here.

ole chief: if floyd left because of the discussion so far, then this will be a long season because i call it like it is. if im wrong i say it. it doesn't happen very often but when it does i have no problem saying it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”