Marietta @ Chillicothe 1-12-08

Steelcityfan
Waterboy

God how I love upsets....

Post by Steelcityfan »

I am so sick and tired of hearing about how great of a team Chilli is. I listened for years how great the coach was, but a coach is only as good as her attitude. Common sense tells you if you have a good group of girl bball players you will have a soild team no matter how great the coach is. Upsets No. 9 HOW awesome is that, I love to hear about great upsets. I knew a coach in previous years that had some great upsets in our league one right here in Marietta and in Jackson I believe?!? too bad they ran him off (school board BS and parents connected) its sad. :cry: ..everyone loves a great upset.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: God how I love upsets....

Post by Black Panther »

Steelcityfan wrote:I am so sick and tired of hearing about how great of a team Chilli is. I listened for years how great the coach was, but a coach is only as good as her attitude. Common sense tells you if you have a good group of girl bball players you will have a soild team no matter how great the coach is. Upsets No. 9 HOW awesome is that, I love to hear about great upsets. I knew a coach in previous years that had some great upsets in our league one right here in Marietta and in Jackson I believe?!? too bad they ran him off (school board BS and parents connected) its sad. :cry: ..everyone loves a great upset.
Good coaching is EVERYTHING. Without it, you have NOTHING.And Chillicothe has it.Sounds like Marietta needs get their coaching errors fixed before bashing others.Didn't they fire the girls coach last year for no good reason?As they say you CANT throw stones in glass houses!
Last edited by Black Panther on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

No truer words were ever spoken BP. Good coaching is INDEED everything! Teaching as well.She is good a teacher of the game too!

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

coaching is everything in sports. without a good coach you'll never win. look at what chillicothe's record was before coach hughes came in. and look at what it is now that she is here. i'd take what she has brought to the table. no disrespect to the former coaches, but they just weren't getting the job done. the talent has always been there its just been getting the right coach in there to get the job done, and knowing how to get the most out of the girls. and hughes does all of that. she is a terrific coach and these girls really respect her. i'm glad that hughes is here and hope that she stays for a long time. GO CAVS!!!!!!!

dolittle
Riding the Bench

Post by dolittle »

We here in Ironton surely know what she can do to a program. I am just glad my daughter got to play for her from junior high through her sophmore year. Amy and her family have alot of friends here in Ironton and you see that when she plays us either there or here. Good luck to both teams tomorrow and just a little more for Ironton ;-)

Return to “Girls Basketball”