Chillicothe 42, Jackson 20 FINAL

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Chillicothe 42, Jackson 20 FINAL

Post by Black Panther »

Chillicothe reallly dosen't have a quote un quote deep bench either.....Amy only plays seven sometimes eight players...As you said there was NO running up the score..And I concure with that assessment.Sometimes you just get taken to the woodshed and last night was Jackson's turn.I also agree Martin should get things turned around someday...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not real sure about the "woodshed" comment.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Even though they had spurts of good play they basically got spanked last night. And really Chilly didn't play at thier best either.That's what I meant...You have a very nice gym and hopefully soon you will have an even more improved team to go with it.Stronger teams make for a stronger conference...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I understand and agree.....just am not going with the woodshed comment.

Pitifully it was 6-2 at the end of 1 and 18-8 after 2 quarters. Jackson missed 2 wide-open layups and the 1st 3 of the game and last one of the half both looked great and rattled all the way in and then out. I never really saw any great spurts.

Nonetheless, Jackson held Chilly to 42 points and Chilly more than doubled Jackson's output....both are accurate statements, but so is Chillicothe finished next to last and Jackson finished 2nd.....all are descriptions of the outcome. You say woodshed and I say couldn't overcome a very sound defense.

Chilly with the "W" and Jackson with the "L"

And since I'm pretty sure we share the same last name I'll wish you guys good luck the rest of the way. lol

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Ironman92 wrote:I understand and agree.....just am not going with the woodshed comment.

Pitifully it was 6-2 at the end of 1 and 18-8 after 2 quarters. Jackson missed 2 wide-open layups and the 1st 3 of the game and last one of the half both looked great and rattled all the way in and then out. I never really saw any great spurts.

Nonetheless, Jackson held Chilly to 42 points and Chilly more than doubled Jackson's output....both are accurate statements, but so is Chillicothe finished next to last and Jackson finished 2nd.....all are descriptions of the outcome. You say woodshed and I say couldn't overcome a very sound defense.

Chilly with the "W" and Jackson with the "L"

And since I'm pretty sure we share the same last name I'll wish you guys good luck the rest of the way. lol

Maybe spanked and woodshed were too harsh.And I also agree maybe it wasn't good spurts but maybe a missed shot here and there.All I know is the Lady Cavs on by 22 and thats good enough for me..By the way,what the H do you mean by "I'm pretty sure we share the same last name" If you are talking about me, I doubt it...

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Chillicothe's junior high teams are pitiful, and their j.v team is weak. Chilli will not be good much longer. I am betting coach Hughes will jump ship soon, unless they get some transfers or exchange students.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

It's not like any other area teams haven't done the same thing...:122249 The only difference is he dosen't jump ship he just goes and gets more transfers..... :lol:

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Black Panther if you have been following the Lady Cavs for the last few years, you would know that one of the top five players on the team is sitting on the bench this year. This girl has been a part of the varsity team since she was a freshman. She was a starter and a very important part of last year's successful team. This player has a work ethic that goes above and beyond and is one of the most respected students at Chillicothe. I have been following the Lady Cavs for many years and have never known of a player of her caliber to sit entire games. (Especially when the team needs her ball-handling and passing skills as much as this team does!) Why she is not playing is a mystery to many CAV fans and a very poor decision on Coach Hughes' part!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

The Ironladies should be zoned the rest of the year until until someone figures out how to attack it! Chilly is a better team but, Jackson made it awful easy for them with their mind set of a zone offense.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

[quote="CHS Fan"]Black Panther if you have been following the Lady Cavs for the last few years, you would know that one of the top five players on the team is sitting on the bench this year. This girl has been a part of the varsity team since she was a freshman. She was a starter and a very important part of last year's successful team. This player has a work ethic that goes above and beyond and is one of the most respected students at Chillicothe. I have been following the Lady Cavs for many years and have never known of a player of her caliber to sit entire games. (Especially when the team needs her ball-handling and passing skills as much as this team does!) Why she is not playing is a mystery to many CAV fans and a very poor decision on Coach Hughes' part![/quote##
Last edited by Black Panther on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Captain Cavalier wrote:It's not like any other area teams haven't done the same thing...:122249 The only difference is he dosen't jump ship he just goes and gets more transfers..... :lol:

AND WHOM MIGHT YOU BE REFERRING TO??????????????????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

About anyone but Jackson apparently.....or at least we've shipped out more than we've shipped in!

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Ironman92 wrote:About anyone but Jackson apparently.....or at least we've shipped out more than we've shipped in!

IS THERE APROBLEM SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE LOSING PLAYERS OT JUST A LOSS OF INTEREST? I KNOW COACH MARTIN PERSONALLY AND I THINK HE WILL DO A GOOD JOB.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't know of any player not playing girls basketball for lack of interest. Coach Martin will be fine.

*Post is not at all focused on Jackson girl's basketball program....but Jackson sports in general.

I'm not tight enough into the Jackson schools to know if there is a problem with lack of interest.

I do see a pattern of kids looking like future very good players in the 9th and 10th grades and then for whatever reason not giving a rat's butt by the time they are seniors. I have no idea why this is and it is in the sports I watch....and definately not just Jackson.

I'm still a believer of playing multiple sports and not just overkilling 1 sport. I think the more sports you are in and the more pressure situations you see over a wide variety of sports.....the more apt you are to handle the pressure situations....not too mention it helps prevent overkill as you aren't doing the same thing everyday.

Simply from the stands it just seems as if the kids playing aren't aware of on the court strategies and on the field strategies......like the ones you seemed to obtain by playing these sports with your friends in the backyard and at recess when you were growing up. You know like the not letting a receiver get behind you on 3rd and 20 and not letting the offense get a layup as the #5 position of a press and not missing the green to the right if the flag is tucked on the right side and the green slopes to the left and not trying to hit a HR with a runner on 3rd and 1 out and 2 strikes.

Oh well.....I'm probably just old

Return to “Girls Basketball”