Oak Hill @ South Webster 12/7

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Total votes: 0

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Oak Hill @ South Webster 12/7

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

and now you've made your self look like a prick...

Oaks>Jeeps

end thread

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Swanker Pine wrote:and now you've made your self look like a prick...

Oaks>Jeeps

end thread

How do I look like a prick, I was just stating facts.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

no comment.

edit : I forgot this is Southern Ohio. Some folks aren't as intelligent as one would think...
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

That's what I thought!

GO LADY OAKS!!! CONGRATS ON A CLASSY WIN TONIGHT!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

I cant remember the last time or if ever heard a Lady Oak fan (or any fan) actually rag on his or her team..Wow..I must admit dimedrop, I originally thought you were a Jeeps fan.Got to give you credit for calling your own team/fans out.You just dont normally see it..It's kind of refreshing actually.It shows you are seeing the grand scheme of things not just watching your team blow out another team by 40 points and saying nothing but positives about it...Good for you..

greengiant
Waterboy

Post by greengiant »

I guess Doug made sure Cook wouldn't score 35 on his team like the last time they played. It would have been a different game if it wasn't for the double and triple team on Cook. I think its sad the way grown up fans can hollower and bash a kid like they did Kayla tonight. She is a amazing player who has worked hard to get where she is at. She is no showoff , she just plays the game with all her heart and deserves more respect. In attendance at the game tonight was UC assistant coach. Some oak hill grown up fans were chanting to Cook- You'll never make it at UC!!! I guess the coach let them know different. Bet they felt like a real ass.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

And to think this happened on her home court too..Sounds more like a road game to me..Wow... I bet the game at Oak Hill could get real ugly..I wish Kayla the best the rest of the season!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

PinkLady wrote:All I was trying to prove is that dimedrop started this thread saying how big of a game this was in the SOC until it turned out to be a blow out. I think he should check himself before he starts running his mouth! :lol:

Didn't say it was a big game. Just said it was the most test that the Lady Oaks would have this year in the SOC. Our fans run their mouths and bash Kayla because this is the only way they know how to cheer for their team by making the opposing players feel like they are awful. The truth is she is NOT AWFUL. Miss Cook is a TREMENDOUS player, AMAZING athlete, and a WONDERFUL young lady. She will do JUST FINE at the next level, for all those who think she wont*

Thanks for the support Slim Jim & Green Giant....

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Kayla will have the last laugh.
While she is getting a free education at a major college playing the sport she loves, the ones in the stands can look back at thier lives and relish that thier big moment was putting some kid in her place at a basketball game.

Petulant.

As for the game, South Webster was a big underdog. And it sounds like Coach Hale knew what to exploit. Take away Kayla and make the others beat you. (I think it is a sign of respect by coach Hale by the way) Now the Jeeps need to go back to work on the fundementals and get more kids involved in the scoring and ball handling.
I know Coach Johnson wants more balance. They have plenty of time to work out the kinks before tounament time.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The fact that about 20 of dimedrops's 26 posts are on South Webster topics and the majority of them are on the boys side leaves me to believe that he/she is not an Oak Hill fan

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

jeep80 wrote:Kayla will have the last laugh.
While she is getting a free education at a major college playing the sport she loves, the ones in the stands can look back at thier lives and relish that thier big moment was putting some kid in her place at a basketball game.

Petulant.

As for the game, South Webster was a big underdog. And it sounds like Coach Hale knew what to exploit. Take away Kayla and make the others beat you. (I think it is a sign of respect by coach Hale by the way) Now the Jeeps need to go back to work on the fundementals and get more kids involved in the scoring and ball handling.
I know Coach Johnson wants more balance. They have plenty of time to work out the kinks before tounament time.

I never said Kayla Cook wasn't an excellent player and I think that she is. I have seen her play for almost 10 years now and she is a great player. I think that you guys saying that I have belittled her talent is rediculous. I wish her all the luck in college.

You guys seem to like to twist words.

I was more upset with people trying to make Oak Hill wins seem like they don't matter and that respect wasn't given to one of their players like respect has been given to many other player when scoring their 1000 point. Also when "long time Oak Hill fans" don't seem to know traditions that have been in Oak Hill for years. That is why I think that these people are just saying they are Oak Hill fans so it doesn't look as bad when they bad mouth us for supporting our girls.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:The fact that about 20 of dimedrops's 26 posts are on South Webster topics and the majority of them are on the boys side leaves me to believe that he/she is not an Oak Hill fan

I was thinking the same thing. Dimedrop is not an Oak Hill fan, just check out his/her previous posts.

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

A BIG CONGRATS to Karissa on her 1000 points!!! Extremely proud of you!!!

AAU Scout
Waterboy

Post by AAU Scout »

Congratulations to Karissa Adkins for scoring her 1000th point. Best of luck to Kayla Cook. She is an outstanding player and will do great at UC!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

PinkLady wrote:I never said Kayla Cook wasn't an excellent player and I think that she is. I have seen her play for almost 10 years now and she is a great player. I think that you guys saying that I have belittled her talent is rediculous. I wish her all the luck in college.

You guys seem to like to twist words. ....

FWIW I wasn't talking about you. I was commenting about the comments made by fans at the game.
No one on this thread has shown any disrespect towards any player that I can see.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

1st off Congrads to Oak Hill on the WIN last night an to Karissa on her making her 1000 point in the game last night. The comment about Coach Johnson not stoping the game after she made her 1000's point is CRAZY she has more Class than that. For one NONE of the Oak Hill coaching staff came to the scorers table an said that she has a certain amount of point to get to break 1000. IF that would have happen the game would have been stoped. I know for a FACT that it didnt happen cause I was seating at the scorers table.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

As I stated on another post, you can't put the blame on coach Johnson for not stopping the game for the 1000th point. Coach Hale should have given everyone a heads up before the game and used one of his timeouts to stop the game for the celebration. It was not Johnson responsibility. That was the way she handled it when Kara Cayton got her 1000th at home and when Cook did it at Jackson. I think she even took a ball to Jackson to replace the game ball that Cook was given. She would NEVER deprive a player from such a great accomplishment.

The Oaks have very talented team that should go to the state again this year. The Jeeps have some things they need work on. Good luck to both teams for the remainder of the year.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

From what I saw:

1. Oak Hill is scary good and should/will roll through the SOC.

2. Doug Hale is a smart coach, who is quite over the top.

3. Cook is a good B-Ball player, who tried to do way too much and take the game into her hands(dribbling through 3 people and throwing up three's from 2 feet behind the arc).

4. Cook doesn't really have anyone around her to assist her in setting screens and getting her the ball.

5. Webster is a little short handed at the point position.

6. Oak Hill has a lot of depth, the girls coming off the bench were just as good as Webster's first team.

7. Cook will have a great season, and Webster will place high in the SOC because of Cook.

8. Probably going to see Oak Hill competing for the state again.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

If we want to talk about rude fans, we should dicuss the man that was seated behind me. I, and a friend, arrived at the end of the JV game, so, naturally, there were no more seats on the away side. So, we decided to sit up top on the home side. We had been sitting for about 10 minutes when this fellow from Webster started yelling at us. Saying "all them Oak Hill boys sitting on the wrong side." I turned around and said to the guy "Hey bud there werent any seats on the other side" to that he replied "well there will be when I get done with you." After that he continued to make rude comments to us and cussed at us the entire game.
I think its quite apparent here whos fans were rude last night... Talk about the pot calling the kettle black? :122245 :122245

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Republican, I think I agree with all 8 on you list.

oak_a_holic, I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about and please don't group all of Webster's fan in with this guy. He is not the type of fan we Jeeps want to be known as.

Return to “Girls Basketball”