Lady Oaks vs Ironton

Blackhawk
Waterboy

Re: Lady Oaks vs Ironton

Post by Blackhawk »

Great game Lady Tigers against Oak Hill!!! You definitely showed your tiger pride on the court today and played a
phenomenal game against the Oaks. Noticed that positions were moved around at this game with #22 Tackett handling the point, great effort, you see the floor well and definitely can handle pressure under a top notch team like the Lady Oaks. #33 Morris played a great game as well, you played aggressive throughout the game. Gotta give credit to the rest of the players as well #34 Ceaser, #21 Elswick, #14 Taylor and #10 Porter. Great team effort by the Lady Tigers in an almost upset game. Final score 46-44. Tackett led scorers with 9 pts followed by Morris with 8, Ceaser with 7 and Taylor, Elswick and Porter with 6 each.

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

Great game! I thought Ironton handled the pressure much better using Morris and Tackett to handle the ball. Oak Hill trapped all over the court it's only normal they would foul more. TWO VERY GOOD TEAMS. Hope for a REGIONAL Final (not before) Rematch! lol

lalalaear
Waterboy

Post by lalalaear »

I believe #10 is Potter not Porter. Yes, she is a young player, however if the older girls took her under their wings and worked with her how much would this improve the team overall. Next year she will be one of your key players with all the seniors leaving. Then you have Taylor, Elswick and Potter returning EXPERIENCED! That looks like a great seed to have planted for next season, right. Congrads to the Ironton coach and his team. Hold your heads high.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

lala what changed your mind about the point guard now the other day u were dogging her and now u r saying good luck take her under their wing! what's it matter anyhow u r a south point fan remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITOWN13
Waterboy

Post by ITOWN13 »

ballrmom I am glad lalalaear changed his or her opinion. your ether with us or against us. If you say things against our family your against our family! We need all the positive energy we can get! I know these upper class ladies will help the youngins! Go Tigers !

Blackhawk
Waterboy

Post by Blackhawk »

Understand when you say take the young girl under your wing and work with her BUT when you are 11 games into the season if your arent ready by now then you arent going to be ready. I recall the seniors playing now ALL played some JV for at least two years along with playing the varsity level. Experience was a BIG key for the seniors that are starting now, thats why they are where they are. From what I am seeing playing SOME varsity as a freshmen is A-ok but starting and basically playing the majority of the game when you have the seniors - Morris, Tackett, Ceaser, and juniors- Taylor and Elswick doesnt quite make much sense to me with the experience these girls have. I believe that Tackett played varsity her freshmen year and Morris and Ceaser played sophomore year but dont believe either girl started varsity especially as a freshmen. The Potter girl with time and experience will indeed make a well rounded player but throwing her into the the varsity level basically playing against junior and seniors who have experience doesnt seem quite fair to her. Big difference playing junior high ball vs the varsity level. Keep up the good work Lady Tigers. Play your game like you know you can (look how well you all did as a team) against the Lady Oaks. Good luck in your remaining regular scheduled games and BEST OF LUCK in tournament play!!! You seniors deserve a great season!!

lalalaear
Waterboy

Post by lalalaear »

No I'm not changing my mind. As a team you adjust with whomever the coach puts in the lineup. You or I cannot be upset with the players because the coach chose to put he or she in. I'm glad your coach did this when we played. I seen a 6' player sit the bench and got in less than 2 min. before the half and 1 min. after half and she had 8 pts. and like 10 rebounds. Could you imagine what she could have done if she had got to play that game against us. I don't guess your coach thought that this could've been contribution for a team. Listen, I've seen 33 and 21 come off the bench and contribute more statistically than a starter. Stats is what colleges looks at not coach's pet and this does not only pertain to Ironton but all schools. It happens every where and in all realms of life, school classrooms and jobs, siblings. Yes, the lady Tigers came out and put all differences aside and played as a team. As adults we sometimes forget that these are kids and they can argue and fight one minute and be best buds the next. They showed that they truly have tiger pride and what it takes to win.
Last edited by lalalaear on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I'm going to focus on the positive -- Lady Tigers came out with new faces on and played hard. I was so excited to see this! It is what a Coach wants every game. The officiating wasn't biased in my opinion -- both teams got away with walking and other violations. It was physical inside but both teams got bumped around, Lady tigers don't mind that. Janie Morris played well -- so exciting, Alex Taylor looked like a new member of the team -- she stepped up her game, Brea -- very consistent, driving and handling a press the whole game is exhausting -- Good job, Rebeka Potter, same deal -- so young and did a fine job up and down the floor. The speed of this IHS team kept us in the game. We shot better and passed better. Nikki Elswick played well and Lorna played well under the basket. Would have liked to have seen Emily Lilly go in for fresh legs. I hope the girls are inspired to play hard 100% of a game. Oak Hill has a fine team and they won, but it was a great game for the price to watch. Congrats! and GO TIGERS!

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

good luck lady tiger's for the rest of the season!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Mouth's Better Half wrote:I'm going to focus on the positive -- Lady Tigers came out with new faces on and played hard. I was so excited to see this! It is what a Coach wants every game. The officiating wasn't biased in my opinion -- both teams got away with walking and other violations. It was physical inside but both teams got bumped around, Lady tigers don't mind that. Janie Morris played well -- so exciting, Alex Taylor looked like a new member of the team -- she stepped up her game, Brea -- very consistent, driving and handling a press the whole game is exhausting -- Good job, Rebeka Potter, same deal -- so young and did a fine job up and down the floor. The speed of this IHS team kept us in the game. We shot better and passed better. Nikki Elswick played well and Lorna played well under the basket. Would have liked to have seen Emily Lilly go in for fresh legs. I hope the girls are inspired to play hard 100% of a game. Oak Hill has a fine team and they won, but it was a great game for the price to watch. Congrats! and GO TIGERS!

Excellent post.

Return to “Girls Basketball”