Eastern Lady Eagles@Waterford1/14

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: Eastern Lady Eagles@Waterford1/14

Post by Heavy D »

lovin' every minute of it wrote:Did I read the daily sentinel correctly, Eastern at the foul line 10 times, Waterford at the foul line 27 times?

My guess is that Farmer Yoder and his two nephews Will and Dew Cheatem had the game. Those three guys do most of the Waterford games and also do several at Southern, from what I have read.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

It looks like we are going to have a tighter conference race here than people expected

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

classof86 wrote:It looks like we are going to have a tighter conference race here than people expected

I agree!

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

I say when Waterford plays at Eastern, it will be a totally different game. Wouldn't be surprised if these two teams shared the hocking title. I would say Eastern plays more of a team game, with 6 or 7 different players contributing, whereas Waterford has Sina King (who had 32 of the 55 last night) who pretty much does it all.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I wasn't at the game but I am thinking there is no way I am going to miss this rematch at Eastern

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Impressive loss for the Eagles (I mean that in a positive way). This game was much closer than I anticipated. Coach Burdette must have them playing well...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

The game at Eastern will certainly be worth the price of admission........

joemerchant
Waterboy

Post by joemerchant »

Very good game and much closer than I expected. Should be a good one at Eastern.

lovin' every minute of it wrote:Did I read the daily sentinel correctly, Eastern at the foul line 10 times, Waterford at the foul line 27 times?

I believe that is right but what you have to think about is that Eastern had to foul in the end. I am guessing that it was more like 16 to 20 foul shots for Waterford before the Eagles began to foul.
I believe the fouls in the first half were 7-7 and in the 2nd half fairly close in the favor of Waterford until the end. By the end of the game both teams were in the bonus. I think Waterford had 7 or 8 fouls.
Again a great game and the rematch should be very good.

SE_Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by SE_Buckeye »

Congrats Lady Eagles, that game should have been yours. You'll get them at home, no doubt about it. Keep your heads up and keep working hard!

Return to “Girls Basketball”