SEOPS H

Re: DIV III State Semi Finals: Ironton vs. Middleton Madison

Post by a_c_m »

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Buckeye84 wrote:Never thought I would say this because I rooted for Ironton all the way... but you guys are a bunch of SORE WINNERS. I hope Middleton Madison KICKS YOUR BUTT!!!

If you're rooting against the Lady Tigers because of what the posters comment on here; then you weren't a fan of the gamers anyway. Sorry you feel that way but even you can't get these girls down. Go blow your flute somewhere else. Go Lady Tigers bring this home. The Tiger fans are proud of you. Stay tuff and scrappy.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good luck to the Lady Tigers team tomorrow.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Win Tigers Win!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

sportnut wrote:
Buckeye84 wrote:Never thought I would say this because I rooted for Ironton all the way... but you guys are a bunch of SORE WINNERS. I hope Middleton Madison KICKS YOUR BUTT!!!

If you're rooting against the Lady Tigers because of what the posters comment on here; then you weren't a fan of the gamers anyway. Sorry you feel that way but even you can't get these girls down. Go blow your flute somewhere else. Go Lady Tigers bring this home. The Tiger fans are proud of you. Stay tuff and scrappy.

The key word is WINNERS! How many dismissive, insulting posts were there on here about Ironton by Oak Hill posters prior to the game? OH supporters considered their shot at the title a "given" with few obstacles on their way - and all other potential competiton was inferior and a "joke", esp with Regina out, and said so frequently and repeatedly before the game.
But we Ironton fans can't say CONGRATS - GREAT GAME - HOORAY to our team for their WIN after the game was actually played without being called "sore winners"? GO LADY TIGERS
Last edited by caglewis on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I know some really great people in Oak Hill who have congratulated me on the Tiger win.

Many people are just happy that Southern Ohio will be represented in Columbus.

Win Tigers Win!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Best of Luck to the Lady Tigers from the North Adams Lady Devils. Bring the hardwood back to southern Ohio!!! Hope to see you playing in the title game Saturday morning!!!

JEEP
Waterboy

Post by JEEP »

good luck from South Webster.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Good Luck from a fellow Lawrence Countian! Go Tigers!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

From the Ironton Tribune:
http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2010 ... e-mohawks/

Ironton must contend with overall size of Mohawks
By Jim Walker | The Tribune

Originally published 03:43 a.m., March 16, 2010
Updated 03:43 a.m., March 16, 2010

Being big has made for a big season.

Size has been a key factor for the Middletown Madison Lady Mohawks as they have motored to the Ohio High School Athletic Association Division III Final Four unbeaten.

The No. 4-ranked Mohawks (26-0) was led by 6-foot-3 junior Ally Mallot who averages 18.1 points a game. Mallot was the Southwest District Player of the Year.

Mallot — who had 19 points to lead Madison in the regional finals — made 9-of-10 from the foul line in the second overtime. She is 54-of-65 for the season from the line.

“Mallot is a nice player. She’s the tallest player we’ve seen, but they’re also the tallest team we’ve played,” said Ironton coach Doug Graham whose Lady Fighting Tigers will play Madison at 1 p.m. Thursday in the state semifinals.

“They use their size to make it hard to get an open shot. This will be quite a different challenge for our girls.”

Rachel Blevins is the team’s top guard who is surrounded by more size. Senior Lindsay Hoskins, junior Ashley Cox and sophomore Brittany Shields are all 5-11. Hoskins is second on the team with a 14.3 scoring average.

Hoskins was also first team all-district with Mallot while Blevins and Shields were special mention.

Ironton (17-7) is facing its second straight unbeaten team. The Lady Tigers upset No. 3-ranked Oak Hill 43-31 in the regional finals to earn their third trip to the Final Four and first since the 2004-05 season.

Madison beat Versailles 63-52 in two overtimes in regional championship to reach the state tournament.

The Mohawks squandered a 16-point lead, then scored five points in the final 28 seconds to tie the game and send it into overtime.

Hoskins hit a layup with five seconds left in the first overtime to tie the game and send it to a second extra period.

“It was a great game. Versailles has a nice team. That was a nice win for (Madison),” said Graham.

Versailles was trying to qualify for its fourth straight Final Four appearance. Versailles was the last team to beat Madison when they won in last year’s regional tournament.

Madison is coached by John Rossi II whose father John Rossi Sr. won a state championship at Middletown Fenwick in 1982 at the age of 47. Son John is 47 this year.

The elder Rossi — who died in 2005 — coached 31 years and posted a 402-279 record. He is a member of the Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame.

Ironically, Madison’s girls are in the state tournament and the boys’ team is in the regional semifinals at 8 p.m. Wednesday. Ironton’s boys play in the regional semifinals at 8 p.m. Wednesday, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2010 ... ment-game/

‘Orange Out’ planned for state tournment game
By Jim Walker | The Tribune

Originally published 03:41 a.m., March 16, 2010
Updated 03:41 a.m., March 16, 2010

“Knock knock.”

“Who’s there?”

“Orange.”

“Orange who?”

“Orange you going to watch the Lady Tigers in the state tournament?”

The theme here is orange, and Ironton fans are being asked to don their orange apparel as they back the Ironton Lady Fighting Tigers Thursday in the Division III state semifinal basketball tournament.

“We’re asking fans to wear orange shirts and make this an Orange Out,” said Ironton athletic director Mark LaFon. “We want the girls to look in the stands and see the fans’ support with an ocean of orange.”

Ironton faces Middletown Madison at 1 p.m. at the Ohio State University Schottenstein Center.

“We want to Orange Out the Schott,” said Tiger Clan booster member Rick McKnight. “If you don’t have an orange shirt, Bob Linn Sporting Goods has them on sale for $10. See ya there.”

State tournament tickets are on sale Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the high school and from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Sports Center.

Tickets are $8 in advance and are cash only sales. Tickets at the door are $10.

Fans can use their orange shirts Wednesday night as well if they venture to Ohio University to watch the Ironton boys’ team in the regional semifinals at 8 p.m. The Fighting Tigers play Eastern Brown.

Boys’ tickets are on sale at Bob Linn Sporting Goods until 2 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets are $6 in advance and $8 at the door.

Also, anyone interested in making donations to help fund a student pep bus for the basketball tournaments can do so at Bob Linn’s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Heading out to the game.Want to say I'm proud of these girls.And win,lose or draw we are Ironton.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best of luck to our neighbors in Lawrence county.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Does anyone know if the game is going to be on-line or on the radio?

GO LADY TIGERS!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

ALMOST GAME TIME
On the radio on WIRO 1230 AM
On the net: http://www.foxsports1230.com/pages/scores.html
Click LISTEN LIVE upper left, then Ironton Sports to the right of the window.
And apparently this works ONLY if you use IE, not with Firefox, and turn off pop-up blockers.

The pre-game will be on air at 12:30 - the game is at 1:00, and I'll be doing updates as usual on a separate thread.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Thanks caglewis. I couldn't make it because I had to work, but my daughter who is from SP is on her way cheering them on! Good Luck! and Thanks for the updates (in advance).

By the way, nice post:

"The key word is WINNERS! How many dismissive, insulting posts were there on here about Ironton by Oak Hill posters prior to the game? OH supporters considered their shot at the title a "given" with few obstacles on their way - and all other potential competiton was inferior and a "joke", esp with Regina out, and said so frequently and repeatedly before the game.
But we Ironton fans can't say CONGRATS - GREAT GAME - HOORAY to our team for their WIN after the game was actually played without being called "sore winners"? GO LADY TIGERS"

I was thinking the exact same thing, you just got it out before me! LOL

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

From the Ironton Tribune:
http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2010 ... e-tourney/
Ironton girls head to state tourney
By Lori Kersey (Contact) | The Tribune

Published Thursday, March 18, 2010

Photo by Jessica St. James

Junior Maria Hannan shows her support for the Lady Fighting Tigers basketball team.
It was a sendoff fitting for a team of champions.

With cheers and band music filling the air in the gymnasium, the students and staff of Ironton High School cheered on the basketball team as they left for the state tournament. The girls take on Middletown Madison today at the Ohio State University Schottenstein Center.

Before they left the team also got to shave the heads of two members of the Tiger Clan booster club — something the booster members promised they would allow if either the boys or the girls teams made it to the state tournament.

“We’re just trying to motivate them a little,” Rick McKnight said. “It’ll grow back.”

McKnight jokingly reveled in the thought of saving money on shampoo in the meantime.

Greg Klaiber also got a haircut.

“I’m elated,” Klaiber said. “It don’t get no better than this, even if it means a haircut. “Anything to fire them up.”

The excitement is good for the school, said John Wolfe, a member of the board of education.

“Anything that encourages these young people is good for the school, it’s good for morale,” Wolfe said. “They get fired up about this and next they’re fired up about their school work.”

As the band played and the students cheered, the basketball team boarded a bus for Columbus.

The girls’ game is today at 1 p.m. at the Schottenstein Center of the Ohio State University Schottenstein Center.

Clark Griswold
Waterboy

Post by Clark Griswold »

Why can't I get the internet feed to work? I am using explorer...and no pop up blocker..i click on ironton sports channel and hear nothing?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

me too. this is not cool...

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Do you guys understand that my only source of information is what I hear said on WIRO radio?
I'm posting game updates from what I hear Jason/Jeff say on my radio and then manage to type fast enough on my computer in my house. I have no idea how or if or why/why not the internet feed is working, and I have absolutely no control over or connection to info about that.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Win or lose You got to go! What an awesome experience that you all will never forget! Time to get the softballs out for those of you that play. I was hoping you would win so you would be even later in getting to the softball diamond!

Return to “Girls Basketball”