Thursday 12/12 - scores and updates

Fundamentals
Varsity

Re: Thursday 12/12 - scores and updates

Post by Fundamentals »

Ont count out Webster, they will be ready for tourny when it matters, remember last year. They have a post presence, they are quick and have better guard play. I know their coaching staff will have the girls ready. And I am saying Clay will not be n easy out for NA, they have size and very good guard pay to match up. Jst saying don't crown em champs just yet

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They couldn't face Clay until dist finals.

Clay just beat NB by 10.

Not crowning anything and the EP matchup was just a possibility.

Dist semi likely NA vs EP/SW....either way I give NA advantage

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

How did you get the District Finsls only match up? They are both at Northwest sectionals from wat is listed on OHSA website. Is this the year thatbNorthwest gets 4 to go to District? If not NA will be on one side and Peebles on the other. Don't put much stock in early season scores. Webster and West struggled during last season and was the only two SOC teams in the District Championship. NA on paper has the advantage I agree there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Shooterindagym wrote:How did you get the District Finsls only match up? They are both at Northwest sectionals from wat is listed on OHSA website. Is this the year thatbNorthwest gets 4 to go to District? If not NA will be on one side and Peebles on the other. Don't put much stock in early season scores. Webster and West struggled during last season and was the only two SOC teams in the District Championship. NA on paper has the advantage I agree there.
4 teams advance from each SE D4 sectional....if Clay is good enough to beat North Adams then they are going to be one of the top seeded teams at NW. I believe NA at worst will be a #3 seed (guessing top 2)....the only way North Adams faces Clay before the district finals is if they are a 1/8 2/7 3/6 4/5 matchup. How do you see that happening?

Clay
North Adams
Peebles
Notre Dame
Paint Valley
Manchester
Western
Fairfield
Green
Whiteoak
New Boston

Those are the 11 teams...only a crazy 4/5 matchup even has a remote chance. If Peebles knocks off their rival North Adams twice they can knock NA behind them...but Manchester, Fairfield and Whiteoak are definitely going to be behind them. Paint Valley won't have any league affiliation and play a lot of D3 teams from the SVC. New Boston and Green? I suppose whoever is 3rd out of ND/Clay and Western could be a tough #5 seed....but if Peebles doesn't beat NA I see 0% of NA not being the 1 or 2 seed.

Once they get to the districts they cannot face a team from the same sectional....why I said Dist Finals....and with Eastern Meigs being the #1 seed.....the top teams in Northwest will want to avoid the #2 seed as the #1 and #3 will avoid Eastern Meigs until the regionals.

Return to “Girls Basketball”