Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Post by sitting in the stands »

This bird high in the stands heard that the varsity did well at the scrimmage, seems that Loryn Cassady had quite a bit of playing time. She will be a good addition at point guard. Still watching and waiting to see where the 2 teams are "divided". More scrimmages this week, with the first game landing on Friday night the 16th of November. A triple-header, all the ladies will be playing that evening. Go Lady Chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good info SintheS ... good to hear that L Cassady played some quality minutes Saturday ... looking forward to seeing the girls Tuesday and Saturday at the Katie ... how did the anchors do? Harris/Bolen/Bosch ...

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

What's the word at "The Rock" from the Inner Circle?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

meetings have been moved to the olde dutch restaurant. :lol:

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Varsity and Reserves scrimmaged against Groveport Madison this evening in the Katy. All the ladies did a nice job out on the hardwood. Don't know if the "final" separation of Varsity/reserve is complete yet or not. The reserves did have another freshmen join them for Saturday's scrimmage and she is still practicing and scrimmaging with the team as of this week. That would be Caitlin Smith. That makes 5 total Freshmen in the upper ranks of the program. That allows for some multiple choices for both teams. Will players play up and down between varsity and reserves or do they have enough girls now to field 2 totally different teams? Some interesting questions still to be answered. Another scrimmage against Nelsonville on Saturday (home) and then another on Monday the 12th in Circleville. Time will tell where these girls end up with their playing time.
Go Lady Chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good stuff SintheS ... wow 5 freshmen moved up, what's that leave on the Freshmen team? ... will be interesting to see how much PT the freshmen take from upper class players ... show time starts next week !!! ...

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Here's to hoping the coaches work together to make good choices for the players for each level. Could get interesting as far as playing time at each level. Don't know who is left on the freshmen team or if the pull-up players will still play with the rest of the freshmen team. Could see it causing some "issues" at all the levels. That is players moved "down" to other levels and then "pulled" back up. How does that play out in practice? How do the players handle all the moving around? Wait and watch will be this birds motto. See where the players land and who has which role. Good Luck to the Coaches in making wise decisions and to the players as they find "their" places on the team.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Depth is a great thing to have. Everybody must work that much harder to earn and maintain her spot. I hope the girls are moved up or down as often as needed. It will make the team much stronger. For example, Some of the Soph's on jv should have a goal to improve enough to make it to varsity, and be able to contribute, so the girls allready on varsity have to keep working to improve. It will be a good thing.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

ole chief,
Well said. I have been saying that all along. A strong program has competition all the time. People always pushing each other for spots. It only makes you better. The Lady Chiefs are at that point now. Good luck Lady Chiefs. Enjoy the season, stay healthy and bring home a league and district championship!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

By the way if the meetings got changed to the old dutch, then I must be out of the "inner circle". Darn!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

kyr:olde dutch 11/17 @7:30 downstairs: catered:guest speaker tbd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

reserve team played well together tuesday evening. varsity looked like they were still trying to gel. its early though. plenty of time to work out the bugs.

good luck lady chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Clarence Perry is the speaker on the 17th

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Thanks for the information, if that is the case count me in! I will bring my paper towels, and pinky can bring his napkins! :lol:

Coach Walsh and Hermann will have the troops ready to go on next Friday! Good luck Lady Chiefs!

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

kyr: There are only 2 coaches for all levels in Logan?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i think kyr was referring to the varsity gellin. 8) 8) 8)

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

You know what I meant. Thanks for covering my back qualified!

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

If everybody knows about the meetings, it will no longer be the secret organization that it was intended to be. How on earth will sports at LHS function without the "inner circle?" The coaches won't know what to do without the advice from this group. I guess the meetings will have to be moved to some of the hollers and abandoned barns around hocking county. Oh wait, thats still the wrong "inner circle."

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... scrimmage tomorrow vs Nelsonville ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

How did the scrimmage go?

Return to “Girls Basketball”