Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

MR. Perry cancelled, but Phil Lightfoot will be there!

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Post by sitting in the stands »

Scrimmage tomorrow for Varsity and Reserve squads at Circleville. Scimmage for Freshmen team at Trimble.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

good luck tomorrow against oak hill and circleville.

go chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Logan varsity squad looked to be very, very deep ... Cassady, Bosch, Reynolds, Harris and Bolen made up the starting group with Jess Harris being the focal point obviously ... this group looked to hit the big outlet pass for easy scores (the passes led to many TOs) BUT the "post patterns" were open LOL ... Jess Harris IS a beast on the inside at the defensive end and can hurt a team at the offensive end inside and out - she needs to play under control and let her teammates do their thing ... the first group killed both Nelsonville and Bloom Carroll with there full court pressure ... when the 2nd set of lady chiefs made their appearance? not much fall off ... actually liked the chemistry of this group - the Hoffman twins give the 2nd team a great presence down low, Topf is very impressive handling the ball, running show, playing defense - no weaknesses in that young lady ... Kati Klinger does a good job out front on the perimeter as well as communicating well in directing on the defensive end of the floor ...

... IF I ranked the 3 teams on Saturday ... Logan 1st and 2nd teams in that order followed by Nelsonville at the 3 spot (going to be a very good group of athletes on the Lady Buckeye squad) ... lastly Coach Taylor's Bloom Carroll girls - not as athletic and lacking in skills ...

... first regular season game is Friday the 16th?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan scrimmage: Nelsonville and Bloom Carrol.
Team looked decent with both squads performing well. Nelsonville lacked real size but were quick and talented and made a good game of it. In the long run would be overtaken by the Chiefs.
Bloom Carroll was not as talented but game.
At first glance would think the first squad was pressing the offense with some passes that were not there. They were agressive with this issue.
Harris was the focus of this squad and the play was to this end.
In addition to the second squad was Jordan and Evans from the reserves.
They played mostly Bloom and there style more structured.
Actually the first squad saw little or no action with Bloom.
IMO a better test is in the offing Monday at Circleville.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

The Inner Circle meeting for 11/17 at the Old Dutch is almost full! A second speaker will be added.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

I guess know your role, knows something. I think I have been saying for quite some time that the Lady Chiefs will have depth this year. Actually I can't lie, I got all of that information from the inner circle meetings.

Nagol, any work on who the second speaker will be? I am so excited for the meeting I can hardly wait!

Glad to hear the scrimmage went well. Circleville will get after it, pressure you everywhere and be very physical. This will be a great test before the opener!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Schedule??

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

cant wait until friday night!

good luck to the freshmen with their scrimmage on wed. night.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

the scrimmage at Circleville was changed once again to Wednesday this time. Is Logan still going to make it.

Should be a good scrimmage with C-ville, Oak Hill and Logan

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

logan scrimmaged circleville last night(monday the 12th). where were the folks from oak hill at? :) i am not sure about wed night since logan already scrimmaged circleville.

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Post by sitting in the stands »

Word on the floor is that the freshmen girls went to the Reserve preview in Trimble last night and played well. They put more points on the board than Trimble if that is considered a win, then they "won".
Good Luck Wednesday against Sheridan. Go Lady Chiefs!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

ours was changed from monday to thursday and now it is changed from thursday to Wednesday.

I am sure that Logan will not be there then.

Good Luck to you this year! You have some good players.

I havent'read through your 1000 pages to find out but maybe you can enlighten me without me having to look back. How are Coach Hale's former AAU players doing?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

cassidy will probably start for varsity at point guard. heard she had some big 3's last night in the scrimmage. very versatile player and plays well beyond her age.

smith will most likely play reserve. acl surgery after season is over. court sense is unbelievable. if you are open she will find you. got some very valuable coaching down in oak hill.

simons is an 8th grader. with her being at the middle school i haven't seen or heard much.

i dont miss the drive but the people and basketball were always great. in the end it was all worth it.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good to hear. I only got to see the girls a few times during the summer at some of Doug's practices and at some of the games but the girls were always nice and really knew the game.

I wish them the best.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

smith will most likely play reserve. acl surgery after season is over. court sense is unbelievable. if you are open she will find you. got some very valuable coaching down in oak hill.

I guess you would know. :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

lg:i know alot of things. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i also know very little. :?: :?: :?: :?:

two words: musical chairs

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Emphasis "on very little"

hockingcountyhillbilly
Waterboy

Post by hockingcountyhillbilly »

Any word on where Harris is looking to continue her career next season?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

very, very little. :? :? :?

Return to “Girls Basketball”