THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

#3 MINFORD- plays winner of 6-river-valley and 11-crooksville

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

THE NEXT LEVEL:

Thanks for the post.........is it senior night tonight? I wasn't sure if I heard that right! :-D

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

The bracket that Minford is in looks doable to me.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

YW-Minford Mike

Minford hosts Athens tonight-JV @ 6:00pm.
Yes it is "Senior Night".
Good Luck Minford Lady Falcons!!!

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ar ... ts_rdp.txt

Athens 0 6 8 5 - 19
Minford 22 8 15 21 - 66

Athens - Salyer 2 0 5, Morley 2 0 4, Grippa 1 0 2, Willis 1 0 2, Cline 1 0 2, Hecker 1 0 2, Letherman 0 1 1, Pomento 0 1 1. Totals 8 2 19.

Minford - McManus 6 2 15, Harris 7 0 15, E. Donahoe 3 2 8, Conrad 2 2 7, Spradlin 2 0 5, Mannering 2 0 5, Martin 2 1 5, Rudd 2 0 4, Moore 1 0 2. Totals 27 7 66.

3-pointers - Athens 1 (Salyer); Minford 5 (McManus, Mannering, Spradlin, Conrad, Harris).

Record - Minford 11-7 (7-5)

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Anybody know if the game is still on tonight? THE NEXT LEVEL?

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

Game is cancelled.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

No Game!!!
Heard it was re-scheduled for Sat. Feb 2nd @ 1:00pm...

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Can Minford get it together for a tournament run? Their bracket looks weak to me.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Falconflyer- not sure about your comment, you are usually positive when talking about the Lady Falcons, but your last post sounds a little negative, not really sure what you mean can they get it together?
but anyway---yes they can, and they have. Have you been coming to the games? They are playing very well right now, and i'm sure will continue to do so, lets hope they have some fans come out and support them, also when they have been beat ---it hasn't been a butt kicking, they were against quality teams. I will agree the sectional bracket appears to be weak, but you can't count anyone out come tournament time, also once out of sectionals, I would not call Eastern Brown and Wheelersburg weak, which is who it looks like we would face in the Districts. Here are our wins and losses-Minford Lady Falcons will be fine.

Wins
Nelsonville-neutral site
Alexander-@ Alexander
Oak Hill, N-west, waverly, Valley, Betsy Lane, West (2)

Loses
South Webster @ Webster by 5
South Webster @ Minford by 2
Russell @ Boyd County by 5
Boyd County by 8
Burg 11
Split with Oak hill
Valley @ Minford by 2 avenged loss at Valley

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Did not mean to be negative at all but the Lady Falcons have underachieved and are capable of playing better. Thus, I can see them if they play to potential having a tournament run. Not negative, just factual. Don't you agree that their record is below expectation and ability?

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Yes I do, I thought they played bad (lack of effort or focus-or maybe took them to lightly) against Valley and Burg (early season losses), that shouldn't have happened. I will say that Burg is playing much better now, than they were when they beat us, so we better bring our A game next Thurs. But since those losses the Lady Falcons have picked it up and played hard. Lets hope they keep it up.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I agree with all of what you say.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

I have been to most of the better games (South W. Burg. Oak Hill) and have seen the Lady Falcs not play their best ball in some games but underachieving...I just don't see it. Every team during the course of a year is not going to live up to expectations for every game. They lost the best PG in the league...You just don't replace that and everything's fine..........that position is the most important on the floor and the Lady Falcs were struggling with that position until Justice emerged. She really has been solid since getting her feet wet and I think will be a force to be reckon with in future years. Its amazing they even stayed close in these big games with the transition of the PG position going on all year. As far as expectations and record, if they finish with either 12-13 wins this year (in the regular season) that is right where they are supposed to be.. in fact a little overachieving in my book if anything (the last two years they finished with 14 and 15 wins in the regular season) . Their non-league schedule is one of the toughest in the area by far and of course the league is very good too. The facts are with the Combination of losing their PG, tough league, and unforgiving Non league schedule (With exception to Athens) they have done pretty well. Coach Conley could have loaded up on weak area teams and won 14-16 regular season games but that doesn't make you better and I hope down the stretch all those games come back and help the Ladies for a healthy tournament run! Go Lady Falcs!!!! :-D

bleacherwarmer
Freshman Team

Game

Post by bleacherwarmer »

Big game tomorrow night. Any thoughts? How is Burg looking?

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Burg was looking very good, but so was Minford
the last time I seen them play. Minford wins is they
want it. Leave it on the court ladies.
Go Minford Lady Falcons!!!

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

THE NEXT LEVEL:

How is justice looking? Regardless of the outcome, I feel this game will help the lady falcons for the tourney that is just around the corner.......Don't the ladies play one more game after this........I think saturday right? is it still on? Of course a win would be huge.........The burg is playing well but so are the lady falcons..should be a dandy! :-D

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Justice has been practicing with the team, don't think she is 100% but i'm sure she will be ready to play...Minford does play Sat. @ Northwest- JV begins @ 1:00pm...We need this win going into tournaments-confidence booster. Minford Lady Falcons must bring the intensity for all 4 quarters and we will come out with the win!!!

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

THE NEXT LEVEL:

Sounds good to me! 8)

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Final?

Return to “Girls Basketball”