Oak Hill 2007-2008

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

When it is all said and done the girls mentioned will all have went to Oak Hill for 6 years. Not 1 year, not 2 years, but pretty much half of their education came at Oak Hill.

Why not talk about all of the other Ruff's that went to Oak Hill, why did no one talk about the 2 boys that moved into Oak Hill in 1997? I know the reason why and I have seen it on this website many times from others.....

Everyone hates a .......... Winner.

I hate it when SOuth Webster wins, I hate it when Burg wins, I hate it win Minford wins. That is because of my competive nature, but do I blame on false accusations, NO, you just step up your game just a little bit more if you have to prove a point.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

MOF, I have a question for you. Do the Ruff girls even live in the Oak Hill District? If not, then they are NOT "home grown" talent. As you can see by my "nickname" I am not sure you will find anyone more competitive than me but we need to call a spade a spade.

Hey Raider, you be there the 20th? Making what I think will be my last apperance!!!!!

Trying to find a golf game!!!
MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

This will be the last time I respond on this issue as it does get old. I'll let you guys continue to discuss :)

No the Ruff girls started coming to Oak Hill in I believe 2001 when Oak Hill still had open enrollment. THey had a choice of either going to River Valley or Oak Hill. How long would have their bus ride been to River Valley?

My guess would be that in the last 20 years, Oak Hill is near the bottom of the list as to where students transfer to for sports.

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

MOF - AAU news from Cincy - not sure how accurate - the girls lost a hard fought game to a #1 seeded team and without Caudill. Heard she was in the hospital after coming down sick during opening ceremonies on Friday. With Caudill back on board they won the next 2 games. Guess she scored over 20 points in one of the games. Think they play again some time this morning. Can anyone verify?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

yeah, according to the website they were 2-1 in pool play and are now in tournament play it looks like 10:15 this morning

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

looks like they got beat by an Ohio team out of Cincinnati and will play tomorrow at Noon. Hopefully they can get on a roll

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

MOF - I think that Cincy team they were playing was Ohio's 1st place team, correct me if I am wrong. I was just wondering how close the final score was. Anyone know?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The website says 79-66

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

Thanks MOF. Thirteen points is a pretty close game considering.....
I'm with you, maybe they can get on a role. :-D

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Looks like they will be playing San Antonio Heat on Tuesday

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

Team Ohio won this one 60 to 41. They play the Florida Lady Wildcats tonight. Hope they keep rolling :lol: This info came from the AAU website.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Looks like they got beat tonight by 8. Congrats to the girls on a making it to nationals and making it out of pool play.

Along with the 2 Oak Hill girls, players are from Wheelersburg, Minford, Logan, and Xenia (I am not sure if there are any more or not.)

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

As far as I know, none of the Ruff's "moved" into Oak Hill.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Bus ride to River Valley... 30-35 minutes. Just guessing about same to Oak Hill... 25-30 minutes.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Raider, will I see you one the 20th? Got a GREAT one for you!!!!!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

"build it and they shall come"

the girls coming from other schools that i can think of come in 7th grade. the ruff girls too. (drive to river valley- 35 min. oak hill-15)

not only have the past girls gained attention that has made other girls want to play in oak hill, but on the education side oak hill has gotten some good publicity as well.

as for this coming year i expect oak hill to compete well in the soc. with Moore, Marshall, Adkins, Ruff, Butler returning and add in the Strite girl they will have some good players. There are a few more girls who will add to the team, but they need some experience and focus on TEAM ball.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Coach Hale has built a great program in Oak Hill. Hat's off to him for that!!! I ask "whythehale?", you mentioned in your post everyone but the Caudill girl, what's up with that? From what I have seen and read she is a player. You did mention her Vinton County running mate in the Strite girl, how good could have that team been with those two staying there?!?!?!

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Caudill is an 8th grader

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

i wasn't meaning to leave the Caudill girl out, she is definitely a player. she's better than a few "amazing" players a grade above, but i thought she was going to be in 8th grade next year and i was talking about the high school girls. if she is in fact going to be in the 9th then i def apoligize for not mentioning her

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

So what you are saying is that two Vinton County girls are playing for Oak Hill? I thought they did not recruit, it is strange that these girls are on Hale's AAU team.

Return to “Girls Basketball”