Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill vs. Adena

Post by black/ice »

95 Wins by these seniors in the last 4 yrs. Final Score was 55-42

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

55-42 Lady Oaks. I wanna congratulate the Adena Lady Warriors on a great season and a fantastic battle today! Those girls need to be nothing but proud of their accomplishments this season. I see a deep run next year too. Again congrats! And what a game by my beloved Lady Oaks! What a day! On to the Convo!

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

Another thing I want to mention is these seniors on this team ALL are graduating with top honors of their class. Great job girls as seniors and as a team in whole !!! Keep those wins coming.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Good win oaks

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

black/ice wrote:95 Wins by these seniors in the last 4 yrs. Final Score was 55-42

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:55-42 Lady Oaks. I wanna congratulate the Adena Lady Warriors on a great season and a fantastic battle today! Those girls need to be nothing but proud of their accomplishments this season. I see a deep run next year too. Again congrats! And what a game by my beloved Lady Oaks! What a day! On to the Convo!
Already back from the game already? That was a quick trip...

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Not surprising after seeing both teams play. Congratulations Oak Hill!

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

I thought Adena played a great game today. If you had told me adena would win the turnover and rebounding battle i'd have bet money on a W for them. Free throw line was the difference. Adena 6-9 oaks 18-23. Congrats Oaks.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Slim Jim wrote:
Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:55-42 Lady Oaks. I wanna congratulate the Adena Lady Warriors on a great season and a fantastic battle today! Those girls need to be nothing but proud of their accomplishments this season. I see a deep run next year too. Again congrats! And what a game by my beloved Lady Oaks! What a day! On to the Convo!
Already back from the game already? That was a quick trip...

Crazy little thing called an iPhone. Was still in the stands

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

It was a GREAT game!!!!! The Butler kid was amazing as well as the rest of the team. Hope they can avenge their loss to Fairland at the Convo on Wed. Should be a dandy!!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Congrats to the Lady Oaks on a hard fought victory. Defense was the key today as they did not allow any players to reach double figures for Adena, which is pretty remarkable considering the caliber of players as Grigsby and Smith.

Speaking of which, the hardest thing about high school basketball is watching great players play their last game. Autumn Smith is one of those great players. Carries herself very well. I wish her the best.

Those three seniors of Oak Hill are pretty darn good as well. I said four years ago when Janie passed away that this group would do things that no other group has to honor her and I think they have done just that and more. 95 wins with only 7 losses,2 of those coming in the state championship game, 4 straight regional appearances(5 in a row for the program), no losses in the SOC, and only 1 loss at home. All of this while maintaining a 4.0 GPA. I also said when they were 8th grade and my daughter was born that if she grows up to be like any of the 3 of them then I would be an extremely blessed father.

Congratulations to them and the rest of the Lady Oaks.

love_the_game
Waterboy

Post by love_the_game »

Oak Hill plays Fairland? Has Fairland even played yet?

basketball1234
Waterboy

Post by basketball1234 »

Oak Hill did play great defense, but one Adena player did have double figures--Jenny Grigsby finished the game with 12. I thought the better team won today, but while watching, it was clear to me Grigsby can play with anyone--perhaps the best player on the floor. She did have a somewhat low scoring game, but she played outstanding defense and does everything on the floor well. I didn't feel her team got her involved enough in the offense--at times it was her fault though as she looked to pass rather than score. Even still--great player. I look to see great things from her next year.

Congratulations to Oak Hill on their win as they advance to the regionals. Your team and community should feel proud of all that your program has accomplished.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Yes we do and yes they have.

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

mighty oak fan

grigsby did have 12 for adena. Still great D by the oaks

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

bulldawg22 wrote:mighty oak fan

grigsby did have 12 for adena. Still great D by the oaks
Ok, thanks
I thought they had said that Smith led with 8 and wondered where all the other points came from.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

Basketball 1234 I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that Grisby was the best player on the court. I feel the Butler kid for Oak Hill was much better. She is a kid that gives 110% all the time. JMO

basketball1234
Waterboy

Post by basketball1234 »

dreamcrusher, I respect your opinion as well. Butler is an outstanding player. I have seen both play a few times and have been impressed with both. I simply meant I would like to see Grigsby be more assertive as a player because I think she is tremendously talented and capable of more. I wish Breanna Butler nothing but the best--she works hard, is a great ball handler, shooter, etc. I think a case could be made for either player, but today was Butler's day!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Congrats Lady Oaks!
Also great season Adena. You never gave up and battled the whole game.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

DCrusher, isn't Butler your daughter?

Return to “Girls Basketball”