District Semis: #4 Vinton County vs. #5 Unioto

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Re: District Semis: #4 Vinton County vs. #5 Unioto

Post by Marauders19 »

One of the most interesting intense girls game I have ever witnessed.. vinton county is a group of tough kids !! I was extremely impressed with there depth tonight.. where in the world did that Freshman come from tonight she was extremely athletic. Coach Bentleys intensity rolls into his team ..

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Did the Coach's shake hands at the end of the game ?

VC93
Waterboy

Post by VC93 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:49 am Did the Coach's shake hands at the end of the game ?

I watched and yes they did.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

VC93 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:36 pm Officiating was very questionable both ways for a district game. I expected better at this stage of post season play.
Imiagine that,fans getting tossed, never heard of that happening before.

Good luck to the Vikes

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LeftHanded wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:03 pm Both got T’d up about 2 minutes into the 1st quarter for that altercation. One of guys at score table got ejected, as well as another fan from Unioto. At least one technical from a player (might’ve been one more).

Very physical matchup.

These are the games I live for!
Girl’s sports man, few things get parents more enraged lol

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Not sure what happened, but seems like Bentley finds himself in situations more frequently than others...

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Mike Krzyzewski once said that there are three types of coaches. One, the practice coach. He or she, knows every drill, and is able make the individual better for the betterment of the team. Second, there is the X and O coach, this is the guy that can draw up plays for the right moment at any given moment, and understands what adjustments have to be made on the fly. Lastly, there is the relationship coach, this is the guy who by his very nature, his caring, compassionate, and thoughtfulness of his team will get the most from his team, that team will go out there and give it its all because they want to play for him.

I think that is what we saw last night, a match-up of the latter two, the basketball genius, who can out scheme you and out think you, against the intense, hard driven relationship coach that just wills his team to compete and to win.

At the end of the day, I know both men, I am sure that they wished they had that moment back. But that just goes to show their passion for their kids, their school, and their community. They shook hands, and probably already forgotten about.

And for the record, no Vinton County fan was thrown out of the aforementioned game. Which is a little surprising because I thought for sure that Dundas and VC93 were going to go. :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:54 am Mike Krzyzewski once said that there are three types of coaches. One, the practice coach. He or she, knows every drill, and is able make the individual better for the betterment of the team. Second, there is the X and O coach, this is the guy that can draw up plays for the right moment at any given moment, and understands what adjustments have to be made on the fly. Lastly, there is the relationship coach, this is the guy who by his very nature, his caring, compassionate, and thoughtfulness of his team will get the most from his team, that team will go out there and give it its all because they want to play for him.

I think that is what we saw last night, a match-up of the latter two, the basketball genius, who can out scheme you and out think you, against the intense, hard driven relationship coach that just wills his team to compete and to win.

At the end of the day, I know both men, I am sure that they wished they had that moment back. But that just goes to show their passion for their kids, their school, and their community. They shook hands, and probably already forgotten about.

And for the record, no Vinton County fan was thrown out of the aforementioned game. Which is a little surprising because I thought for sure that Dundas and VC93 were going to go. :lol:
Good post

Dundas getting tossed would’ve been fabulous

1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

I don’t have a rooting interest but this was a very physical bout!!! VC fans were pretty upset early and I thought we may see one of them given the door. I think the refs tried their best but a lot was going on. They planned and executed a perfect exit art the horn.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

I enjoyed the game it was maybe the most intense game I have ever watched.. Vinton County has now beat Unito 3 consecutive times and this might be unito last chance because they have a lot of seniors. Vinton County are still young and have a lot of basketball in front of them..

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:05 pm

This is danicalifornia’s pic...unedited
That’s not me

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:06 am