Jackson Ironladies????

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Competitor, you can definitely say we are friends. I will let you know some day in person. Best of luck to you, your girls, and the Ironladies this year.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

From what I've been hearing the football team does not have the numbers to field a true JV team. Since Jackson is a "football" town, if that starts declining, do you think that will enough attention that puts pressure on our mighty school administrators? They have already run both girls and boys basketball programs in the ground...

School board election will be quite interesting this year. I don't think many will be voting directly for the candidate...it will come down to whether or not the candidates will support the superintendent...as to whether or not you vote for the candidate. The super has done his damage to this district...so it's time for him to go............

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck to you and your family competitor.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Hasn't he done a lot of good things for the district as well?

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

I'm told the tests scores aren't very good this year...but as parents we don't know yet because he hasn't released them. I guess the overall ones are on the internet. He may have focused on reading, but look at where the other scores are such as math and science. I think more harm than good. definitely divided the community not only in athletics...but also academics.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I think that Jackson is in somewhat of the same situation that Oak Hill was in with their previous Superintendant but on a much larger scale. When he is gone and you are looking back you will see some of the good things that he did for Jackson.

Don't take this as agreeing with him because I think the AD decision from the beginning was the craziest thing I have ever seen.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

If the AD decision was the craziest, the non-renewing of Heath McKinniss is right on its heels. Here is a Coach that was non-renewed for Basketball because he couldn't "communicate" but then at the next meeting given a new three year teaching contract and made head girls Jr. High Track Coach. All he did was win. It was all personal...and with the Administration denigrading a certain family until they took their kids out of Jackson, it is inexcusable.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I agree with you there.

4theKids
Freshman Team

wow

Post by 4theKids »

And you guys all wanted to know why we moved Jess south! :?:

Things are outta control. Not to say anything wrong about Jay (he and McKinnis are super guys) but I do have one question for anyone who might know. Why did Kim Conley pull her bid for Jackson Head Girls BB coach?
Rumor had it- parents decided this one........again.
With her being from Jackson, this really suprised me. I played against her
years ago and have watched her coach for a few years.
Super person as well as a coach.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

I heard that she really didn't want the job to begin with but the AD wouldn't leave her alone, so she came in to talk to him. She apparently told someone that she would be crazy to walk in to a mess like this when she can run her own program the way she wants to in Minford. Parents did NOT decide this one. The AD will blame parents for everything because he doesn't want to accept the facts that between he and the super, the athletics in Jackson are a mess thanks to the two of them. The girls are going to have a very long season ahead of them...

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

That is correct redandwhite................We are glad coach decided to stay

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

I guess some of the people don't have all of their facts straight. I am glad we post these things for people to read.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

4thekids, Red and White is correct. This was not decided by parents. There were parents who went to high school school with Coach Conley and personally told the Administation they would not have a problem with her.

I don't know what can be said about our Athletic Department that hasn't already been said. We are a mess and will continue in this spiral until a change is made. I was told last week that our Administration was in Oak Hill checking residences of transfers. Instead of wasting time and effort on that front, why don't we focus our efforts getting our Athletic Dept. backed to where it used to be a few years ago.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would the transfers be allowed back if they aren't from Pike or Scioto Co?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Goodluck Jay and Anna. See you at the games. -Jamie Slone

db98
Waterboy

Post by db98 »

Would the transfers be allowed back if they aren't from Pike or Scioto Co?

If you are referring to OHSAA rules, the only way to be sure you will be eligible transferring from one school to another AFTER starting 9th grade is to move into the new district. And even that is questionable if you look at the new 50 mile/sport season transfer rule.

There is a one time transfer back to your home school district of residence if you are somehow open enrolled in a district that you do not live in.

If you are taking a jab at the community allowing kids back, I can't help you there ;-) .

If a dog's gonna bite, he's gonna bite as a pup.
Gary Redus
Waterboy

Post by Gary Redus »

The post in question refers to the Jackson School Boards denying the approval of teachers' contracts from those areas.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

i look for a great season

go ironladies!

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Good Luck Jay!!

A class act, Its been fun coaching against you that last few years
Last edited by Blue_Steel on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Working for the kids
jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Ready or not the season is here. Scrimmage Northwest tonight.

Return to “Girls Basketball”