Oak Hill 2007-2008

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

whythehale? wrote:"build it and they shall come"

the girls coming from other schools that i can think of come in 7th grade. the ruff girls too. (drive to river valley- 35 min. oak hill-15)

not only have the past girls gained attention that has made other girls want to play in oak hill, but on the education side oak hill has gotten some good publicity as well.

as for this coming year i expect oak hill to compete well in the soc. with Moore, Marshall, Adkins, Ruff, Butler returning and add in the Strite girl they will have some good players. There are a few more girls who will add to the team, but they need some experience and focus on TEAM ball.

15 minute drive to Oak Hill??? NOT FROM WHERE THEY LIVE.

River Valley rated "Excellent" by state department of education on last 3 report cards.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Again either you were informed incorrectly or just uninformed as usual.

Strite is not and has never played on Doug's AAU team. She just came to Oak Hill on her own.

Get some facts straight before accusing :lol: Now I'm done :roll:

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I am not a big fan of transfers for sports but more credit to Oak Hill if girls want to go there to play for a successfull coach and program. The school losing students should look at its own program or lack of a program and fix it. Having said this, I think it is a bad situation for a high school coach to coach AAU and the OSHSAA should ban it, but right now it is legal and Hale is a good coach so what he is doing is alright.

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

falconflyer - I agree with the first part of your reply but disagree with a great high school coach not being given the opportunity to coach younger athletes or those not in his or her school district. Especially if he or she is willing to do it on their own time and without compensation. The only people who would be hurt by this type of rule (if it should be implemented by the OHSAA) are the young athletes who are willing to spend hours working on their skills outside of basketball season!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

"15 minute drive to Oak Hill??? NOT FROM WHERE THEY LIVE"

I was curious so while killin' some time online today I looked at mapquest. Your right its not 15 min, its 18 my bad.

Total Est. Time: 18 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 13.94 miles

To River Valley (if i got the address right)

Total Est. Time: 36 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 24.59 miles

I'm againest recruiting and my school has lost plenty of games to oak hill, but if the parents want to move their kids i guess its none of my business. But if I could cut 20 min off of my commute in the morning I'd have a pretty tough time deciding not to do it.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

whythehale....why not mention the rathburn girl.. this girl travels and practices everywhere., her work ethic is second to none.. I dont understand why exclude her or not mention her.
I personally have watched her play girls in college and in high school anywhere from hammonds to hornbuckle and both thinks she is a player why dont you.
Only thing is ...is she playing for Oak hill this coming year?

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Rathburn, the one from Gallipolis, right? If she is the player I think she is then................i see a ton of potential (sp?) there but I also saw quite a few times when it seemed like she needed to draw attention to herself. if she would settle down and PLAY, not show boat then she is a hell of player.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I have watched several games this past year. she has been put in the post and has too good of an outside shot to be stuck in the post, she needs to work on her experience at forward/guard with ballhandling but so do others on that team which the minford game exposed that. good luck to all the girls.. I have just noticed noone ever mentions her on oak hills posts
Last edited by Who9Dey on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

The address your traveling from?

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Who9Dey, are you saying that Coach Hale isn't using this girl to her full potential?!?!?!

Trying to find a golf game!!!
Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Coach Hale hasn't even had Shantelle yet. She was just in 8th grade. She is one that could make an immediate impact this year as a freshman.

WhoDey: She is much like Alyssa Hammond in her build and the way she plays so I would guess that she would be better utilized as both an inside and outside threat.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Hale hasnt coached her yet competitor but you are exactly right..this girl has a work ethic I have seen that I havent seen in years with boys or girls. She should be used inside and outside, I agree exactly, but she cant be put in the post just to rebound, she is working so hard on a perimeter game but must be given chances to do this, she needs experience on pressure, handling the ball and has aspirations to play college ball, but wont be recruited as a post player, she has a very nice outside shot and already has the "shooters" roll. shoots probably 1000 shots a day along with a workout routine I dont want any part of these days... I would love to have her on a team I was coaching.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Here we go again. Everyone was just talking about what a great coach Doug Hale is and we have "Who9Dey" saying that he needs to use so and so on the perimeter. If I am correct, a high school coach uses his/her players in the position that will best help their TEAM. Not play "Johnny or Susie" in the position that will best help her/his future career. If they are good enough, and they work hard enough, colleges WILL notice. Bottom line, you don't flush the "whole" in favor of advancing "one".

Trying to find a golf game!!!
oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Pure Sarcasm, that will be know your role's next statement. He/She tends to put sarcasm in all of his Oak Hill statements.

oakhill71: I am with you all the way. Why not shoot for 5 though 8)

I don't want to get too cocky, I'll say 3 or 4.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Again either you were informed incorrectly or just uninformed as usual.

Strite is not and has never played on Doug's AAU team. She just came to Oak Hill on her own.

Get some facts straight before accusing :lol: Now I'm done :roll:

Strites grandparents live within the Oak Hill School Districs, I don't know if her grandparents have guardianship or not but I know her grandmother always picks her up from school and practices/games.

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

knollwood,
To correct your earlier post the Cincinnati team, Cincy Jr. Tar Heels, that Team Ohio lost to finished second in the state this year to the Dayton Lady Hoopstars. Team Ohio had finished second the last two years but finished a (to them probably) disappointing 4th this year.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

coach Hale earns the respect and people want to play for him. He is a class act. And no, I don't live in jackson county. I have been around him for the last five years and have never seen players respond more to a coach. He does it without screaming. he will stay calm even in the most intense situations. the oak hill fans on the other hand have never seen a call that they liked but they do follow their basketball team wih a passion.

Good luck Coach hale inthe upcoming season.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

qualified101 wrote:coach Hale earns the respect and people want to play for him. He is a class act. And no, I don't live in jackson county. I have been around him for the last five years and have never seen players respond more to a coach. He does it without screaming. he will stay calm even in the most intense situations. the oak hill fans on the other hand have never seen a call that they liked but they do follow their basketball team wih a passion.

Good luck Coach hale inthe upcoming season.

I absolutely love that passion that our fans have.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Who9Dey wrote:whythehale....why not mention the rathburn girl.. this girl travels and practices everywhere., her work ethic is second to none.. I dont understand why exclude her or not mention her.
I personally have watched her play girls in college and in high school anywhere from hammonds to hornbuckle and both thinks she is a player why dont you.
Only thing is ...is she playing for Oak hill this coming year?

I guess only you could answer that one for us. I guess the statement the girl travels and practices everywhere might be true. That is going to be a very long drive. Giving up playing with girls like Strite, Hale, Caudill, Adkins, Butler, Burton, etc........ That would be fun to watch. Lots of points and I would dare to guess lots of winning.

So you tell us are the rumors true?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

What rumors? Of players transferring?

Return to “Girls Basketball”