Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

Pocket Aces
S

Re: Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

Post by Pocket Aces »

Some of the statements in this thread are ridiculous.

I was recently questioned whether I was the person making some of the statements in this thread. I've never hidden who I am on seops and I can assure you that I am not "The Instructor".

For what it's worth, I've never seen Mr. Graham coach and have absolutely no dog in this hunt. How in the world I got injected into this drama is beyond me, but be sure of this - I am not "The Instructor".

Good luck to all involved. And take it from somebody who has made an arse on this site a time or two (or three :-) ), it ain't worth it. Move on and realize that "words hurt".....these people have families, ya know.

Have a nice day.

Pocket Aces
Brad Markins

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

^^^

"made an arse of himself", I kinda butchered that sentence in my original
post. Sorry about that.

Move on people.....but regardless, leave me out of it.

See that's the problem with this stupid site - you can potentially lose a lifelong acquaintance because of a horribly-flawed chain of "logic".

"Brad Markins teaches an occasional math class" (true) ---> "Brad Markins has an account on SEOPS and sure has said a stupid thing or two before" (again, true) ---> "Brad Markins must be "The Instructor" " PATENTLY FALSE

Again, move on. It is not worth it, folks.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

The Instructor wrote:
philthyphil wrote:From today's Tribune:

The former Ironton and Chillicothe girls’ coach is not a candidate to return as the Lady Tigers’ coach because the job is not open.

Doug Graham — who has enjoyed his own success the past three seasons with three sectional titles, one district crown, a regional appearance and an SEOAL South Division title — remains the head coach.

Thanks for posting what I first asked with this thread.

Too bad for the Ironton girls.

I did that through pm's as well as on this thread.

However, this situation should be resolved. Although parents of players have posted their support for Amy, Doug remains the coach. I like Amy and all, but my support for the job is for Doug.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

As they say all coaches are hired to be fired.I've seen better ones than Doug get the axe.Not saying that will happen, but this job does open up EVERY YEAR unlike some others do.If Amy gets hired into the system (especially the job both are going for) anything can happen....

gameDAYphoto
Waterboy

Post by gameDAYphoto »

Amy is leaving Chillicothe and going to Portsmouth to be an assistant principal. She is not coaching--she wanted to be a principal and that is her passion now. If she was going to coach, I think Portsmouth would be the last place to go!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Amy likes a challenge and dosen't care how much is on her plate.So in time she might be interested in PHS and PHS in her.If PHS continues to stink the joint up it will only be a matter of time...

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

gameDAYphoto wrote:Amy is leaving Chillicothe and going to Portsmouth to be an assistant principal. She is not coaching--she wanted to be a principal and that is her passion now. If she was going to coach, I think Portsmouth would be the last place to go!

Congrats to Amy and Congrats to PHS, you hired a first class winner...I only wished we could have hired her for an administrative position at CHS that would have kept her here as coach as well as an administrator.Obviously she wanted to move on....PHS would be complete fools not to be interested in her as a coach someday if their program dosen't turn around, and even if it does, what a hire she would be to continue success for the program. And to think she's already in house.Once again very smart hire on PHS's part...And best of luck Amy with your Assistant Principals job!

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Congrats Ms. Hughes, at least you are close to family and 30 minutes from I-town! Good luck this year!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Congrats to my Dear Friend Amy! I wish you all the best with your new job.I hope you find happiness and fullfillment in it as well..

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Congrats to Amy hope you coach again soon.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^
Portsmouth doesn't allow Administration to Coach.
Baseball coach just had to give up job to take elementry Principal position.

Good luck to Ms Hughes.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

bengalfan76 wrote:^^^^
Portsmouth doesn't allow Administration to Coach.
Baseball coach just had to give up job to take elementry Principal position.

Good luck to Ms Hughes.

Maybe this is a bad analogy using car brands but it would be a shame to have your team coached by a Chevrolet and have a Rolls Royce in your garage (school) that you cant use.Either way I dont believe we've seen the last of Ms.Hughes as far as coaching.....She is far too young and talented to let it go this soon...And her desire is unmatched as far as coaching and teaching goes....

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Post by Interested In All »

Seems like she moves around a lot. I think, Rock Hill,Ironton,Chillicothe and now Portsmouth.Some good coaches stay put and build a program for years and some look for an opportunity when tallent is their.Just an opinion

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

For your information Interested In All,The team she left Chillicothe this coming year is hardly void of talent.So she didn't jump due to lack of talent.
Last edited by Captain Cavalier on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Post by Interested In All »

IMO,It is not a good idea to have admin. coaching They took on the whole well being of the school and students when they moved to admin.I also think to that all coaches should be teachers in the system,but sometimes jobs just aren't there.Guess its not a perfect situation

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Interested In All wrote:Seems like she moves around a lot. I think, Rock Hill,Ironton,Chillicothe and now Portsmouth.Some good coaches stay put and build a program for years and some look for an opportunity when tallent is their.Just an opinion

All of these programs you named were non-winners when Amy took them over,but were winners when she left.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

butcherman108 wrote:
Interested In All wrote:Seems like she moves around a lot. I think, Rock Hill,Ironton,Chillicothe and now Portsmouth.Some good coaches stay put and build a program for years and some look for an opportunity when tallent is their.Just an opinion

All of these programs you named were non-winners when Amy took them over,but were winners when she left.

That's because she' s a winner...As Spanky says...and I quote "Nuff Said"

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Captain Cavalier wrote:For your information Interested In All,The team she left Chillicothe this coming year is hardly void of talent.So she didn't jump due to lack of talent.Actually they should be a very good team and should contend for if not win the SEOAL. PHS maybe not letting admin coach is why most if not all of their programs are average to below average.As was stated in this thread a very good baseball coach,that ran a good and sucessful program, had to give it up because they cant do both.How many other coaches has this happend to down there? And the real weird one here is,non teachers can coach at PHS.??.From what i've been told the new boys bb coach is a non teacher or employee of the school in any way.Admin cant coach but non teachers or employees can....Hmmm....

I dont know, but I that was a policy back when we won a couple of state championships in basketball?

and the non teaching thing just started this year.

theres more to life then sports, maybe MS Hughes is just ready to do further her career in teaching?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I know she wanted to get into administration and PHS obviously hired her because of that.From all accounts I've heard she was an awesome classroom teacher as well....

smmoty
Waterboy

Post by smmoty »

Dear interested,
Do you have a legit beef with Amy or your just a poop stirrer?? If you do bring it all out. Amy and I haven't had a good laugh in a while!!
Good luck to you Amy. See you soon.

Return to “Girls Basketball”