#1 Portsmouth Clay vs #2 Reedsville Eastern 3/3

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: #1 Portsmouth Clay vs #2 Reedsville Eastern 3/3

Post by ManitouDan »

nice post thunderdome .... fwiw our game was called very well. good officiating. MD

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

The officials that do these district games are always in great shape also boys and girls. You won't see any over weight men or women doing these games. They are always in great position to make the calls and have perfect mechanics. You won't see any of them not be able to get up and down the floor. You should leave the officiating out of it.

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Tournament officials usually don't miss calls on purpose

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

you mean non tourney officials do ?????

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

You can say some home officials probably do

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Plain and simple - Eastern is far superior. To much talent for that side of the district. Clay would have been lucky to have got the 4 or 5 seed in Easterns district draw. No disrespect. Just fact. And of course IMO!

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

thunderdome wrote:
However (USokkr), I don't think we should criticize high school players unless they have committed some terribly heinous act. They are not adults, many of them are very sensitive, and many of them read these posts. The Clay senior girls gave it everything they had for four years and I think they deserve a great big "thanks" from the school and the community for their dedication and performance. They are great kids both on and off the court.
Maybe you're right in criticizing a high school player. But no one is saying that she is a bad player and no one is saying that she is a bad person off the court. I'm stating something that didn't help herself or the team and she did many times during the year and as a SENIOR, in her 4th year, she should learn that it's better for her to play than to be sitting with foul trouble for more than half the game. Now, if she reads this and is too sensative to take criticism that she gets from the coach as well, then I apologize. She played well all season and was a huge contributor in their success and no one is taking that away from her.

Return to “Girls Basketball”