TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

Jayski
Waterboy

Re: TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

Post by Jayski »

My reference to not playing together was meant for the girls that are doing the playing on the floor right now. It will take some time for the upper class to gel with the freshman. When they do, they will be fine! It's called growing pains. As for your reference to them (Pullins, Bailey, Collins, Williams, and Barringer) playing together, this is not last season. Pullins barely showed up over the summer, Bailey has yet to put a full season together without a knee injury, and Williams has been sidelined with a knee injury.

As for the Southern game, I was there. Southern shot 78% in the first half and finished the game over 50%, while Eastern shot 18% in the first half and just over 25% for the game. You do not win very many games shooting like that. Of course many of Eastern fans will tell you it was because of the refs. Southern is average at best? They are 5-1 and 4-0 in the league...

Coach Burdette should play his best 6-7 players? I believe he does!..or are you saying he wants to lose on purpose? Who, in your opinion, are the best?...or is this like Pol Pot says, your little Suzie not getting to play? Perhaps you are a part of the problem? Maybe one of the parents that insist on seeing the scorebook after each game to snap a picture with their smart phone? Joke! It's not good enough anymore to just know what your own kid scored, but now we need to see what everyone scored.

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

I'm not from your school. As a matter of fact I'm from one of the schools your team beat. I've just enjoyed watching these girls through the years from biddy and up. I assure you, there are two girls on your team we'd give our eye teeth to have. I'll just leave it at that without singling out any players and making negative comments about others. And armchair you are right, that is 100% the coach's loss against Southern.

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Btw, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with a parent taking pictures of the scorebook. Maybe you should take that up with them in person rather than air that on a public forum. Just sayin.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Can either one of you explain to me how it was the coaches fault against Southern?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

tvcfan8 wrote:Btw, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with a parent taking pictures of the scorebook. Maybe you should take that up with them in person rather than air that on a public forum. Just sayin.
parent could be making a scrap book of their kids high school basketball career.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Constant subbing, people in the wrong positions, a 5'4" girl going against a 5'11" doesn't stand a chance nor against a 6' Teaford, players sitting on the bench that shouldn't be coming out, learning ball handling skills against a team like Southern, not making adjustments would be the big thing. What clearly wasn't working in the first half was corrected in the third qtr but as soon as there was any momentum he went back to what wasn't working in the first half. Now, the refs were prolly the worst I've seen but putting players in the wrong spots made it difficult to stay out of foul trouble. I love a great rivalry game Eastern Southern, NY Trimble, Logan Athens, Belpre Warren which is why I was there. It was sad to watch. Sorry, that's the truth. I'm not bad mouthing your little Suzie but I'm sorry the experienced players need to be in the floor together. Fact.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Scrapbook?...Isn't that what a newspaper for? I have been involved in basketball for the last 30 years and I have never seen such a thing. I will admit though, times have certainly changed. This type of thing would have been completely unheard of, but so would have this forum.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Okay...thanks for clarifying TVCFan. I don't necessarily agree with your assessment, but you gave me one. I do have a question though...How do you know that things did not occur during practice, on the bench, or in the locker room that would have warranted certain players not to play at times you felt they should have? Or perhaps the players were not executing? Or perhaps they were asking to be taken out due to fatigue?

FYI; I do not have a little Suzie or Johnny. I believe that you put the best on the floor that gives you the chance to succeed. If that comes from strength, speed, talent, youth, or experience then so be it. What I see happening is a mixture of all those things at times. I am around quite often to know this and I am aware of the behind the scenes stuff that eats at a teams ability to unify. Unify they will, but it'll take time.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

JAYSKI. - Pullins ,Williams, Barringer , Bailey and Collins should rarely leave the court. The freshman guard (Pullins) can play some but is not ready to play the point. Williams needs the ball to score. Coach says Collins ( a good big) should average double figures but he doesn't run plays to her. He is definitely not playing his best players. The six above are the only ones who should see any action- barring foul trouble. He has freshmen getting more time than some starters. His subbing makes no sense He did this stuff last year against Waterford. Eastern cut the lead to 8 in the 3rd and what does he do? Sits his starters!!!!!! Terrible!

loving life
Waterboy

Post by loving life »

Jayski wrote:My reference to not playing together was meant for the girls that are doing the playing on the floor right now. It will take some time for the upper class to gel with the freshman. When they do, they will be fine! It's called growing pains. As for your reference to them (Pullins, Bailey, Collins, Williams, and Barringer) playing together, this is not last season. Pullins barely showed up over the summer, Bailey has yet to put a full season together without a knee injury, and Williams has been sidelined with a knee injury.

As for the Southern game, I was there. Southern shot 78% in the first half and finished the game over 50%, while Eastern shot 18% in the first half and just over 25% for the game. You do not win very many games shooting like that. Of course many of Eastern fans will tell you it was because of the refs. Southern is average at best? They are 5-1 and 4-0 in the league...

Coach Burdette should play his best 6-7 players? I believe he does!..or are you saying he wants to lose on purpose? Who, in your opinion, are the best?...or is this like Pol Pot says, your little Suzie not getting to play? Perhaps you are a part of the problem? Maybe one of the parents that insist on seeing the scorebook after each game to snap a picture with their smart phone? Joke! It's not good enough anymore to just know what your own kid scored, but now we need to see what everyone scored.

Let's clear up which Pullins girl showed up over the summer. The freshman wasn't there.

loving life
Waterboy

Post by loving life »

tvcfan8 wrote:Btw, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with a parent taking pictures of the scorebook. Maybe you should take that up with them in person rather than air that on a public forum. Just sayin.

I know some book keepers have been asked by the local papers to snap shots of the book and send it to them in case they can't make it to the games.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

loving life wrote:
Jayski wrote:My reference to not playing together was meant for the girls that are doing the playing on the floor right now. It will take some time for the upper class to gel with the freshman. When they do, they will be fine! It's called growing pains. As for your reference to them (Pullins, Bailey, Collins, Williams, and Barringer) playing together, this is not last season. Pullins barely showed up over the summer, Bailey has yet to put a full season together without a knee injury, and Williams has been sidelined with a knee injury.

Let's clear up which Pullins girl showed up over the summer. The freshman wasn't there.
Requiring a player to do off season training would be against the Ohsaa rules.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY beating Alex in the Ally was huge!!!
I didn't get to go to the game but I was able to watch the replay. What a game!!
The lady Buckeyes know how to finish, that's for sure.
It was fun to watch.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SATURDAY GIRLS BASKETBALL SCORES: 12/19

River Valley
Point

Eastern - 47
Wahama - 6

Waterford
Fed Hock

Belpre - 42
Southern - 60

Trimble
South Gallia

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

ArmChairQB wrote:
tvcfan8 wrote:Explain to me how they've not played together. Collins, Pullins, Williams, Barringer and Bailey all played together. They lost nothing to graduation so they should be an experienced team. My seat is just fine but you might want to adjust your rose colored lenses. Yeah, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, a whole lot of drama. Coach said they were learning ball handling skills. Seriously? Ball handling skills on a varsity team? Seems to me the ball handling skills were just fine. I'm not sure how the experienced players are supposed to "pick it up" when they're not touching the ball, sitting on the bench or trying to lead talented but inexperienced players on the court. There's plenty of talent on that team. They go deep. But you can't start subbing when you're behind or still in a close game. And no offense to the teams they've beat, but they really haven't beat a solid team yet. Those are facts.
The loss to Southern is 100% on the coach. If he would play his best 6-7 kids they wouldnt have lost. Southern is average at best. There is no way he should be playing so many at the varsity level. You want to get those girls experience- well that's what the JV games are for! This team should have had a season with maybe 3-4 losses. My guess is they now lose 7 or 8.
One thing to keep in mind when playing at Southern. No matter if it's boys or girls if the visiting team has a chance to win you can bet the best 1 or 2 players will spend much of the game on the bench in foul trouble or they foul out. Kind of crazy how that seems to usually be the case. :mrgreen:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Jumpstop wrote:Athens appears to be getting better, got them a win last week and played a one loss River Valley team close. I know coach wanted that one bad. I'm bettingby the 2nd half of this season they will be a real threat, once Coach has them modeled into his character and gets them use to play some real defense, look out!
Are you insinuating they haven't played with character or defense the past few years?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Binary wrote:
Jumpstop wrote:Athens appears to be getting better, got them a win last week and played a one loss River Valley team close. I know coach wanted that one bad. I'm bettingby the 2nd half of this season they will be a real threat, once Coach has them modeled into his character and gets them use to play some real defense, look out!
Are you insinuating they haven't played with character or defense the past few years?
I wouldn't read to much into Jumpstop.....
This is the same poster who said Athens is the team to beat this year.
Athens lost all their good players and a great coach, it's gonna take them awhile to rebuild.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Love this site boys and girls...lot of good work

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Binary wrote:
I wouldn't read to much into Jumpstop.....
This is the same poster who said Athens is the team to beat this year.
Athens lost all their good players and a great coach, it's gonna take them awhile to rebuild.

The issue with Athens is these kids were never worked with, it's clear watching these girls they had no teaching about the game and have relied on one trick pony, while everyone else was ignored in there development. What you have now is a coach who is putting in the time to build character and a work ethic that never before existed. It will take some time, but coach is the right person to do this.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Pretty sure the previous coach was one of the best Athens has ever had!

Return to “Girls Basketball”