Minford 2007

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

"FABULOUS" although Zane Trace has a good team- we dominated, things are coming together very well, the entire team looked good, they are definately finding there flow. They are so enjoyable to watch, I can't wait to watch them again-Tuesday night 5 @ Minford against Unioto. should be
very intense, Unioto plays alot like Minford girls, very uptempo.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

That's great THE NEXT LEVEL! I will be there for their first game I believe on the 24th @ Paint Valley Right? Who played really well? How about Harris or the transfer?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I can't get to the scrimmage. Is there another after Unioto?

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

Zane Trace doesn't have a good team compared to Minford (NOT A SLAM TOWARDS ZT). I'm not saying Minford isn't any good but you will get a much better idea of where you guys are when you scrimmage Unioto. Unioto, along with Adena, will challenge for the league this year and ZT will be down compared to where they have been in the past.

Edited for THE NEXT LEVEL
Last edited by Cookie on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Yes, Minford Mike-you are correct, there first game is the 24th @Paint Valley-against Nelsonville York. Harris and the transfer (Conrad) played very strong, with very consistent scoring abililty, they compliment each other along with the entire team. Most notably Minford's defense was impeccable, which created many steals and scoring opportunities. There pressing defense just keeps improving.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Yes, there is a scrimmage Thursday 5pm @ Ironton.
Cookie, yes we are aware Unioto is a stronger team this year, but I would never say to high school girls and there coach (ZT) that they are not that good this year. I'm sure they work hard every day in practice and deserve credit for doing so. I clearly stated Minford dominated, and
I believe that was enough said.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

They have been a force in the area for a while and I was pointing out that they are not any more. They will be competitive but will not get any preseason hype as they have in the past. I then pointed out that if you guys are wanting someone to measure your team by, then wait and do it by a team like Unioto. You guys are much better than ZT, and they along with everyone else knows they will not be viewed as they have been in the past until they have some quality wins. Nature of the game. I didn't intend the post to be negative.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Point noted, Thanks

Falcon Pride
Waterboy

Post by Falcon Pride »

Minford scrimmaged Unioto tonight and won all 4 quarters. This included a score of 14-1 in one of the quarters. It was mentioned on an earlier post that we cannot measure OUR team until after we scrimmage a team like Unioto, we did that tonight and played well. Good luck to the Lady Falcons with the rest of their season.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Falcon Pride:

Who played well? Where was this at? I am glad the Lady Falcons are playing well. I will be there for the first game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

THE NEXT LEVEL:

How did it go? Where you there?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Same question? Do you have details/observations about the scimmage?

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

I got to watch some of the scrimmage, and I must say, I was very impressed, once this team picks it up on the defensive end, i'm telling you nothing will stop them. There defense definately creates there offense, (in my opinion). Who played well-the entire team did, but I must comment on that junior class and that freshman class they are something to watch, they know whats needs to be done and they got it done. Once these 2 classes gel with each other, it scares me how good they could be. The rest of team did what they were suppose to do, they did there job. I will admit I was a little worried scrimmaging a team like Unioto this early in the season, but again, this team never ceases to amaze me. Unioto is a very very good team. So what's that say about these Minford girls, they controled each and every quarter. So, you take it from there.

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

Sounds GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Sounds like it will be a pretty good year. I was reading JJ Huddle and the SVC posters see Unioto as a good team challenging for the conference title with Adena and Huntington.

Falcon Pride
Waterboy

Post by Falcon Pride »

Minford Mike - Several girls played well at various times. Our juniors being in their 3rd yr of varsity and several yrs of AAU experience (Harris, Martin, McManus, Conrad) stepped up to the plate with their maturity and leadership especially in our offensive game. We were able to move the ball against Unioto's guards and score in the paint against their big girls. I also thought our freshman (Justice, Donahoe, Gambill) proved they'll be an intricate part of the team, as they bring a lot of speed and knowledge to the game. Senior Donahoe also had a consistent game.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I can not wait until the South Webster games.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Glad to see NY and Minford hook up in the regular season. Should be a GREAT game.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Agreed buckfan84, season opener for Minford, NY is a great team to start it off with...Go Lady Falcons!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

anybody have a basic varsity roster?

Return to “Girls Basketball”