SOC I and SOC II 2015-16 predictions.....

80sballer
Waterboy

SOC I and SOC II 2015-16 predictions.....

Post by 80sballer »

SOC II:
S. Webster
Burg
Minford
Waverly
Oak Hill
Valley
West
Northwest

Burg is the only team that can hang with Webster and it will be difficult for them

SOC I:
Symmes Valley
Western
Eastern
ND
Glenwood
Clay
East
Green

Top 5 could be interchangeable but believe the top 2 will stay the top 2

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC I and SOC II 2015-16 predictions.....

Post by wobycat »

Burg has some girls coming back out.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

SOC I:
ND
Western
Symmes Valley
Eastern
Glenwood
Clay
East
Green

ND has the most talent coming back after only losing 2 players to graduation. Until someone stops them it's ND's to lose.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

SOC 2

Burg/Webster
Webster/Burg Strongest two teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see them split again this season.
Minford - Daniels is capable of dominating a game. Risner is very good.
Waverly - Could challenge Minford for third.
Northwest - They have talent. Shouldn't be overlooked.
Oak Hill - The addition of the Blanton sisters will make them competitive. Both can shoot the three and penetrate the lane.
Valley - A couple of real nice players. Not sure if they have enough overall to finish in the top half.
West - Capable of beating anyone other than the top two. Always play hard.

Three through eight is wide open. It will be interesting to see if any of them can give Burg or Webster a game.

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

js7_22 wrote:SOC I:
ND
Western
Symmes Valley
Eastern
Glenwood
Clay
East
Green

ND has the most talent coming back after only losing 2 players to graduation. Until someone stops them it's ND's to lose.

If I am correct they lost their PG and the conference POY, I would consider that losing a lot. I think they will compete they always play hard and look like they are coached well, but I just dont think they have enough this year. IMO the champion will wear Red or Green this year. Should be a fun year in SOC I.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

They fill the PG slot in with her younger sister who in my opinion can shoot the ball better. POY will be the spot to fill, but I look for Schaefer and Smith to take over. I agree, going to be a close race at the top.

zoomer
Waterboy

Post by zoomer »

js7_22 wrote:They fill the PG slot in with her younger sister who in my opinion can shoot the ball better. POY will be the spot to fill, but I look for Schaefer and Smith to take over. I agree, going to be a close race at the top.
ND also has the Kayser girl returning and she is pretty tough. I see ND near the top of the league, might get a slow start due to volleyball but they will be hard to handle when they get going.

Beaver92
Waterboy

Post by Beaver92 »

Although eastern is a 1 horse show, that horse is a Thorobred! I wouldn't count them out they might just surprise some teams.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg returns quite a few and several have lots of experience. They will be hard to beat. Not impossible but hard.

snatit
Waterboy

Post by snatit »

Beaver92 wrote:Although eastern is a 1 horse show, that horse is a Thorobred! I wouldn't count them out they might just surprise some teams.
Totally agree Beaver92, as a long time Titan fan and knowing Coach McKenzie pretty well he will not let the girls over look anyone especially a team with Roney that girl can play. Eastern will have to rely heavily on her this year with the loss of their seniors.

I dont know who will win the league this year but I would say ND and Eastern will be in the mix.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Minford

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Webster should win it only losing one player. Burg second losing two good starters. Burg may have some big girls playing but they lost one the best outside shooters in the league with Smith and the Adams girl also was a good shooter and also played an all round good game. Cant see anyone filling these two shoes enough to win the league

toast
All State

Post by toast »

outsider wrote:Webster should win it only losing one player. Burg second losing two good starters. Burg may have some big girls playing but they lost one the best outside shooters in the league with Smith and the Adams girl also was a good shooter and also played an all round good game. Cant see anyone filling these two shoes enough to win the league
Ruby, Holden and Akers can all shoot the three. Burgs eighth grade was very good last year so I suspect they may be getting some help from that group. I saw a quarter of one of their games and they were draining threes. I see a dog fight between Burg and Webster.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

It will be a battle between SW and Burg, with Webster winning out. They may get help from the 8th grade group (burg) but experience is on SW sides plus that Senior group of theirs led by Hall is out to make a statement.
However, if Daniels comes to play, under new Coach Caudill they buy in, could make it a 3 team interesting season.

Yes, Rooney is a Thoroughbred, in the Top 50 in Southeastern Ohio, but from what I seen of them over the summer without her, she has a lot of young colts running with her. She will score big vs some of the SOC 1 and win games by herself, but against ND, NB, and Symmes Valley she cant do it alone. Believe she has a big year, but SOC 1 goes like this ND, NB, SV all battle for top 3, EB possible could be 3rd but realistically they finish 4th on the strength of Rooney.

snatit
Waterboy

Post by snatit »

Fundamentals wrote:It will be a battle between SW and Burg, with Webster winning out. They may get help from the 8th grade group (burg) but experience is on SW sides plus that Senior group of theirs led by Hall is out to make a statement.
However, if Daniels comes to play, under new Coach Caudill they buy in, could make it a 3 team interesting season.

Yes, Rooney is a Thoroughbred, in the Top 50 in Southeastern Ohio, but from what I seen of them over the summer without her, she has a lot of young colts running with her. She will score big vs some of the SOC 1 and win games by herself, but against ND, NB, and Symmes Valley she cant do it alone. Believe she has a big year, but SOC 1 goes like this ND, NB, SV all battle for top 3, EB possible could be 3rd but realistically they finish 4th on the strength of Rooney.
I dont think you can mention the top teams in the SOC I and not mention Western they are veteran group with a lot of returners, depth may be their only issue. I see them right up there NB, SV, ND and Eastern. Possibly in the top 2.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Notre Dame is the class of SOC 1. Extremely well coached, athletic, play hard, man to man, full court, in your face defense. South Webster in SOC 2 but Wheelersburg is not far behind. Waverly is a lot better this year and should battle Minford for third place if the Daniel girl is healthy for Minford.

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Wheelersburg should be able to at least get a share of SOC II title this year. Not sure about other league

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think burg will sweep Webster this year! Burg takes the crown!

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Post by breadandbutter7 »

Burg sweeps SOC 2

OldBaller
Waterboy

Post by OldBaller »

I don't see that happening. South Webster looks to be the class of that division.

Return to “Girls Basketball”