Portsmouth works on press lol what a joke

indians10
Riding the Bench

Portsmouth works on press lol what a joke

Post by indians10 »

I have been around basketball for a long time,and i have never seen a coach up by 40 points in the 4th quarter and is still pressing.Talk about a class act by a coach,now that was one.I sure as hell dont know what he was trying to prove,but it sure showed no class what so ever.As i watched,as he was pressing the entire game,a 40 point lead and his starters still in the game,i thought how would he feel if one of his starters broke a leg.All i can say is pay backs are hell,and i sure hope he gets his in the near future.And by the way im not from Huntington,if i were i think i would of punched this no class coach in the mouth.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Portsmouth works on press lol what a joke

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Press must not have worked, ended up winning by 29.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

69-27 thats a 29 point game?I must be missing something

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

What game? What coach? When? Hello!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Portsmouth over huntington last night. Dont know how many girls Portsmouth has on the roster but only 6 girls scored according to the Daily Times . Up 35-8 at the half and only 6 girls scored ?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

My bad I just took the score off of seodab.org

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

The article online in the Portsmouth Daily Times talked about a player breaking a scoring record at the end of the 4th quarter. Classy move coach

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Press must not have worked, ended up winning by 29.
now mightoaksfan-u can subtract better than that-come on now.....

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

indians10 wrote:I have been around basketball for a long time,and i have never seen a coach up by 40 points in the 4th quarter and is still pressing.Talk about a class act by a coach,now that was one.I sure as hell dont know what he was trying to prove,but it sure showed no class what so ever.As i watched,as he was pressing the entire game,a 40 point lead and his starters still in the game,i thought how would he feel if one of his starters broke a leg.All i can say is pay backs are hell,and i sure hope he gets his in the near future.And by the way im not from Huntington,if i were i think i would of punched this no class coach in the mouth.

dont worry indians10-if portsmouth gets by peebles they will have to play oakhill-and it will be real ugly....the 42pts...will look pathetic cause oaks will beat them by 60 or more:) karma is a bitch........

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

71-42 is what they had on seodab.org

maybe they were meaning one player had 42 points.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

I have seen several different opinions on these type of issues and there is no right or wrong. I have seen portsmouth play twice this year and both times they pressed the whole game when winning and losing. They have been on the other side of the score plenty and know how it feels

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

I guess you have never seen a oak hill game.They press from tip to buzzer no matter the opponet and how much they are winning by.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

LIke i said no class,running the score up to make your team look better.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

It's unfortunate that some coaches don't know how to win with class. The AD and the school board should address the issue. It's not acceptable and the vast majority of coaches would never stoop so low!

Continuing to trap and press with a big lead is just plain poor sportsmanship.

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

They took the press off with 24 seconds to go in the game. This coach has no class at all. The poor girls from Huntington are not very good but they played hard and never gave up. To trap and press all night for one player to get a score record at the school is ok aganist a good team but dont't do it to a very weak team. It show no class for the school, players and fans. The coach will get he payback if he coach long enough and I hope it is soon. It not hard to score 42 points shooting layups all night.

indians10
Riding the Bench

Post by indians10 »

Very well said,by both of you.And the comment about Oak Hill,everyone knows where they get there players from,all over the state.And when they beat teams by 40 and 50 by pressing the entire game,it shows how much class they have.It doesnt help either team by running up the score.

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

Why is Portsmouth being taken to task for this when oak hill has done this for years? Dont ever remember an entire thread to rip them for this same stuff.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Mark May wrote:Why is Portsmouth being taken to task for this when oak hill has done this for years? Dont ever remember an entire thread to rip them for this same stuff.
good point

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

ohst#1 wrote:
Mark May wrote:Why is Portsmouth being taken to task for this when oak hill has done this for years? Dont ever remember an entire thread to rip them for this same stuff.
good point
Thank You! Best of luck to your Dragons!

PUNKUNHEAD
Riding the Bench

Post by PUNKUNHEAD »

indians10 wrote:I have been around basketball for a long time,and i have never seen a coach up by 40 points in the 4th quarter and is still pressing.Talk about a class act by a coach,now that was one.I sure as hell dont know what he was trying to prove,but it sure showed no class what so ever.As i watched,as he was pressing the entire game,a 40 point lead and his starters still in the game,i thought how would he feel if one of his starters broke a leg.All i can say is pay backs are hell,and i sure hope he gets his in the near future.And by the way im not from Huntington,if i were i think i would of punched this no class coach in the mouth.

we know you are not from Huntington we dont see anyone fron huntigton on here whineing like you.

I can tell you one thing IF you would try to punch this guy in the face then the whineing would begin take that to the bank!

Return to “Girls Basketball”