Lady Jeeps SOC II champs and 20 and 0!

favabeans
Varsity

Lady Jeeps SOC II champs and 20 and 0!

Post by favabeans »

After a hard fought battle between both teams the Lady Jeeps beat the Lady Pirates to win the SOC II outright by a score of 44-39.

The program is back on track at Webster. Coach Johnson and the team are proving what a lot of hard work and teamwork can do.

The Jeeps start tournament play Saturday at Northwest HS at 1:00 against the winner of Manchester/East.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Congrats on the Perfect Regular Season too! My team(Unioto) was within 1 point of making that happen and after watching them, I know how tough that can be.

I've always enjoyed following Jeep sports the past few years and look forward to having a chance to watch this team play!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats on a great season!!!!!

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to the South Webster Lady Jeeps on a tremendous season.... I had the privelege of seeing them play a couple of times this year, and they were very impressive... Best of luck in post season play..

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

waydowntown
S

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:16 pm Post subject: South Webster 44, Burg 39...Lady Jeeps finish season 20-0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to the Lady Jeeps on a great win tonight, winning the outright SOC 2 Championship, and finishing the regular season at the perfect 20-0 mark. You all have made an incredible accomplishment and are a wonderful team.

This was a very exciting game in front of approximately 2000 fans or more. The place was packed around the end of the 3rd quarter of the J.V. game, all to no surprise. There wasn't a seat to be found, and many spectators were forced to stand in the corners of the gym to watch this game. All in all, a very supportive turnout for both teams...

As for the game...

The game had 6 ties, and 12 lead changes.
After one: SW 10 WB 8
Half: SW 22 WB 22 (I think)
After three: SW 30 WB 30
Final: SW 44 WB 39

As a team, the Lady Jeeps only shot 9-34 from the field, but 14-15 from the stripe. Kayla Cook and Kara Cayton knocked down a combined 12-12 free throws to finish the job.

Wheelersburg committed 19 turnovers to South Webster's 7--probably the deciding factor in this game other than free throw shooting.

Cook finished with 17, Cayton with 12, Roark with 10, Sherman with 3, and Rawlins with 2 for the Lady Jeeps.

Not quite sure of all scorers for the Lady Pirates, but I think Blanton led the team with 10, and then Baker was 2nd with 8.

Wheelersburg shot better from the floor, but only shot 7 free throws.

Overall, it was an outstanding effort by both teams, and congrats to Coach Johson and the Lady Jeeps for a great season. Also, congrats to Coach Spradlin and his Lady Pirates on a wonderful season as well. Both teams should have great success come tourney time, and I'm sure all of the Webster and Burg faithful will be along for the ride until the very end!

This was posted by waydowntown I moved here and deleted the thread

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

thanks. looks like digger got the thread posted before i could... :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

No Prob.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Congrats to the Lady Jeeps!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Lady Jeeps! Good Luck in tournament!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

great job ladies

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Congrats to the Lady Jeeps! Good luck in the tournament should make a good run!

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Great season Lady Jeeps, keep it rolling!!!

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

20-0 is a tremendous accomplisment! Congratulations!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Congrats: Go all the way!

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

So how many of the Lady Jeeps will be lost to graduation this yr?

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

3) KARA CAYTON #32

MOLLY ROARK #22

BRITTNEY PUCKETT #10

These 3 will be missed very much 3 wonderful young ladys an JOY to be around!! GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON an KEEP CUT"N down the NETS!!!!! 8)

basketballjunky
Waterboy

Post by basketballjunky »

I know of Cayton, and you're right she is a great kid coming from a great family. What is she averaging as far as pts go? I heard she had like a 30 pt game or something? Is that right?

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Kara an Kayla Cook are ave just about the same, right around 20 points a game for the Year. One will be off just alittle an the other will pick it up. But i have seen nites were both were off they have a very good supporting cast behind them!!! :lol: 8) :lol:

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Congratulations to the Jeeps. They have the two most talented players in the league and they were the difference. Nice players and team. Great game and atmosphere.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Good Job Ladies!!! Another net down an 3 to GO!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”