Vinton County 56, Alexander 27

TVC-Ohio games tonight 1-26

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Thursday scores: Jan. 26th

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Oak Hill 68
Valley 49

Close game through quarter and a half. Taylor Hale reached her 1,000th point and then the Lady Oaks rolled. If Valley can take that same intensity into the tournament they could make some noise.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

fairland-70
rockhill-17

ny_bucks
Riding the Bench

Post by ny_bucks »

The Nelsonville vs. Wellston was terrible. Refs were the worst refs I have ever seen. Two girls from NY got sent to the hospital and the same girl from Wellston gave the intentional elbows that sent the nelsonville girls to the hospital and nelsonville was called for the fouls. The one girls father was threw out of the game when he ran out on the court to check on his daughter and wasn't allowed to check to see if she was ok. The game was pathetic those refs should not be allowed to ever ref again.

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

I said it in an earlier post, gotta do something about refs. I dont complain about refs often, but when the safety of the players is in question too, somethings gotta give. Not to mention with a pulse you get a license. I have seen some bad, very uncomfortable situations the past few years.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

North Adams 54
Manchester 34

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't someone in the last couple of years say something about a lot of refs leaving the game and we would have a bunch of new refs doing a lot of on the job training?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Was the NY/Wellston game at Wellston? Isn't this the same place where Wellston shot 51 foul shots???? WOW!!!!

As for the fathers ejection, that is automatic when you come on to the floor.

OH-IO
Waterboy

Post by OH-IO »

I'm not one to complain about referees, especially in a win. But, I am also embarrassed at the state of officiating in the TVC in particular and high school basketball in general. I witnessed the refs at our game against NY girls mouthing off at the fans who were doing just what fans do, complaining about poor calls. Referees who engage in tossing insults back at fans reveal their true feelings about the game. It's not about the players, it's about them.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

FWIW , the refereeing in the SOC 1 has been far better this season that last year. Maybe it's because my team is winning more ?? lol for real I think the officiating has been pretty good in the SOC 1 this season. MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

ssbball wrote:I said it in an earlier post, gotta do something about refs. I dont complain about refs often, but when the safety of the players is in question too, somethings gotta give. Not to mention with a pulse you get a license. I have seen some bad, very uncomfortable situations the past few years.
Thanks for the heads up! Our New Boston Glenwood Tigers head to Wellston tomorrow!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

ManitouDan wrote:FWIW , the refereeing in the SOC 1 has been far better this season that last year. Maybe it's because my team is winning more ?? lol for real I think the officiating has been pretty good in the SOC 1 this season. MD

I agree with you for the most part! It seems the girls games are much more under control whereas the boys teams, some of the refs cannot keep up with the hustle of these young men.

buckeyes86
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes86 »

OH-IO Glad to see that others at the game thought the same thing in regards to the refs. Yes one in particular was commenting back to fans in the crowd and told one of the NY parents to go get her uniform, put it on and get out there. How unprofessional is that!!!! The younger ref for the 8th grade game should never be allowed to ref anywhere!!! Talk about pathetic, I think he needs to be drug tested or something!! There was something not right with him, he didn't even know if he was in the gym or not. When the Wellston coaching staff apologizes for their refs, that says alot about how the game went!!!!!

ladyrocketfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyrocketfan »

I agree that the refs were bad but it wasn't all one sided. The team or coach doesn't get to pick the refs. In the jv and varsity game one ref was from Ironton and the other two were from Ashland Ky so no home court advantage there. To Pol Pot when Wellston goes to Meigs i"m sure we'll get fouled a lot there too. Also the parent that got thrown out was telling the ref off, not just checking on his daughter.

Return to “Girls Basketball”