2/28 Regional Semifinal: South Webster vs. Africentric

Philly
All Conference

Re: Girls 2/28 Regional Semifinal: South Webster vs. Africentric

Post by Philly »

My granddaughters go to South Webster, and are crazy about those Lady Jeeps. So, from my granddaughters, and I...."GO LADY JEEPS!!!"

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

i couldnt agree more i think all private schools should have to play D1 tell me one things thats fair about letting teams recruit! sure we get on here and bash each other if a kid here or a kid there transfers but the bottom line is they do it
every year !!would love to pick a couple kids off each team in the socII and go lace up in columbus i bet they would be the ones complaining then!!!

jeepgirl_4life
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepgirl_4life »

Captain Jack wrote:This is what is wrong with High School basketball. Should a team that is allowed to draw from all of Columbus be in the same tournament as a small town, rural school? Africentric should be playing in a D1 tournament since they draw from D1 numbers.

I couldn't agree more. But, there's nothing sweeter than a small rural school coming to the Columbus area and taking home the win! Hopefully, it is the Ladies turn in South Webster! Go Lady Jeeps! Bring it home!!!!!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

yea that would be awesome

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Philly, love to hear that your granddaughters are crazay about the girls!! They couldn't pick a finer bunch of girls to root for. The whole team is an awesome bunch of young ladies that make the whole community proud. They are having the time of their lives right now and have formed friendships that will last forever. Hopefully the younger girls that follow them will get the fire to work hard and carry on the Lady Jeeps tradition.

Hope your granddaughters make it to the game Thursday.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Good luck and best wishes to the Lady Jeeps but............................

Afro by 25+
Sorry, but I calls 'em as I seez 'em
Much more to pick from in Franklin Co. than in Scioto Co.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Lady Jeeps against Africentric. Will probably be the best team that SW has ever played.

I think it will come down to how well that SW is able to handle the press that Africentric will put on them. I think that SW can play a halfcourt game with them, but if they get into a track meet with them, look out.

gamer69
Waterboy

Post by gamer69 »

I see Africentric runnin with this one and takin the title this year way to much ahtletic abililty....SW can play with them in a slow paced game much like the boys did Harvest Prep last years boys season. Its really shady of schools being able to recruit but it is how it is.

Africentric =78
South Webster=62

Prove me wrong Jeeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Sawdust wrote:Good luck and best wishes to the Lady Jeeps but............................

Afro by 25+
Sorry, but I calls 'em as I seez 'em
Much more to pick from in Franklin Co. than in Scioto Co.

I think that the game will be closer than this. I mean 25 points ??? Ouch!

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Good luck Lady Jeeps!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congrats to the South Webster ladies that made the All District team and good luck thursday against Africentric. Give it your all, remembering that when GIANTS fall they fall the hardest. Take em down Lady Jeeps!!!

GO LADY JEEPS FROM A LADY CATS FAN
Last edited by Gregg811 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Like others have already said, my heart says Webster, my head says Africentric. Webster's only chance is if they control the tempo of this game to a halfcourt crawl and keep the score low.

What I've heard from a guy familiar with Africentric is that a team with guards that can handle the ball against Africentric's pressure will be able to play with them. Well, I don't know if there are many better backcourts in the state than Cook and Cayton. But it sounds like Africentric is just on a whole different level than the rest of the D4 field, so I'll say...

Africentric 62
Webster 48.

Either way, another great year for the Lady Jeeps.*

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

I know that if I was coaching the Lady Jeeps:

I would set my game plan to where if Webster jumped out to an early lead, I would hold the ball each possession. There isn't a shot clock in high school basketball, so why not? Force the Africentric University players to reach in and pick up cheap fouls. Webster has one of the best backcourts in Division 4, both who can handle the ball extremely well, so why not give it a shot?

A few years back, when Webster's boys made it to the final 4 for the first time in school history, they played Holgate, who played a lot like what I'm talking about. I was reviewing some of Holgate's scores before the boys' state semifinal game, and noticed that teams rarely scored over 20-30 points, and Holgate even won a game 8-4. :shock:

The Lady Jeeps' defense is very stingy, so if they can get some early stops and jump out to an early lead, I believe this would be a good way to play. We don't want this to be a track meet, and let Africentric gain momentum, or it will be over quickly...Anyone else agree/disagree with my strategy?

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

I agree with waydowntown but the key is to get a lead, not an easy thing to do. I don't see holding the ball that easy to do either. South Webster does have good guard play. I thought Waterford had pretty good guard play the last couple of years also. All I can say is good luck to the Lady Jeeps. Gonna make the trip to watch this one.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I didnt think cook had handles like cayton and I dont see how trying to hold the ball most of the game will turn out in their favor. That is just a crazy thought if africentric is as good as what they are said to be.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I know that Coach Johnson and her staff have put TONS of hours into getting ready for this game. More than you know!

The girls are ready and they beleive in themselves and that's what it take. It doesn't matter if they win by 1 or 15, they are out to prove they can.

I hope everyone comes out and cheers them on.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

I'm definitely making the trip, and like digger said, Coach Johnson and staff have put endless hours of thought and hard work into preparing for this game. I just have a feeling it's going to pay off. Does anyone know if this is the first time any team in Webster's history (in any sport) that they've got to play a #1 ranked team in the state? I'm thinking it is, but not quite sure...

All I know is that I can't wait, so...

LET'S GO LADY JEEPS!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

C'mon fellow Jeeps. The girls are winning this game!!!
By 3!
Heard it here first! :lol:

I hope someone is by the radio giving the scores tomorrow night.

Go get 'em Lady Jeeps! I Believe!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Lets all hope that is the case. Go Lady Jeeps. You can do it!!I know there will be alot of Lady Cat fans there to cheer you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lets make Southeastern Ohio proud.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

jeep80 wrote:C'mon fellow Jeeps. The girls are winning this game!!!
By 3!
Heard it here first! :lol:

I hope someone is by the radio giving the scores tomorrow night.

Go get 'em Lady Jeeps! I Believe!

Jeep80, I'll try to do updates for you if I can. I'll be at work so I should be able to do them if I'm not busy. It is on the Breeze, 107.5 and not 99.3, WNXT. If it was on 99.3 you would have been able to listen over the net.

Return to “Girls Basketball”