THE SOCII THE BEST LEAGUE IN SOUTHEAST OHIO

seohiofan
JV Team

THE SOCII THE BEST LEAGUE IN SOUTHEAST OHIO

Post by seohiofan »

with 4 teams advancing to the district finals and 3 teams in regionals and the 3rd place team in the league still alive with 1 game to play before the FINAL FOUR it would be hard to find another league this strong in southeast ohio!!GREAT JOB to all the ladies of the soc you have been great all year keep up the good work!! work hard this off season and make sure you are the best again next year!! and to the team still alive
lets go LADY OAKS make the SOC and all of SOUTHERN OHIO PROUD !!! again!!

Black Panther
SEO

Re: THE SOCII THE BEST LEAGUE IN SOUTHEAST OHIO

Post by Black Panther »

Might even be one of the best in the state this year.I dont know of too many others that can make the same claim of advancing that many teams.Who knows though, maybe there is another....

Minford Mike
Riding the Bench

Post by Minford Mike »

I totally agree. Some of the best coaches in ohio as well!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I must agree, this is hard to refute. I sat in the Waverly gym last week and looked at the wall with who is in the SOC II and said to the gentleman sitting next to me,

"That is a very tough league, as tough as I can remember". He laughed and agreed!

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Post by son of busdriver »

I think if we are going to start patting everyone on the back,we should begin with the parents.All the Biddy-Ball coaches,the parents that spend their summers at McGraws,taking the girls to Gus-mackers all over the state of Ohio, the AAU ball.7th and 8th programs are now as exciting as the high school level. When the coaches get these girls as Freshmen,they are getting experienced ball players.This is the reason the Girls are the best in the state and the Girls in this area can play as physical as any Columbus team.Minford& Wheelersburg are two that I would put my money on.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

After you play the teams that play in the Adena DII sectional then I will say soc is the best conference
Miami Trace, Greenfield, Washington CH, Chillicothe, Hillsboro, Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm.
only two out to the district.
Mind you Cville and Unioto met in district finals.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Are these teams D1 and D2 ??
Some pretty good D1 and D2 teams from the southeast that have much tougher road than those in D3 or D4.

Congrats to your school but beware of what you boast, you might not survive in other leagues.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

i hope you arent talking about the great big powerful seoal

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

fighting_falcon wrote:Are these teams D1 and D2 ??
Some pretty good D1 and D2 teams from the southeast that have much tougher road than those in D3 or D4.

Congrats to your school but beware of what you boast, you might not survive in other leagues.

since there isnt a D1 district tournament in the southeast and the leagues most of the DII teams play in arent that tough at all just not sure where you are going with your comments
as a matter of fact im willing to bet the soc records against the DII schools in the southeast are very good

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

bengalfan76 wrote:After you play the teams that play in the Adena DII sectional then I will say soc is the best conference
Miami Trace, Greenfield, Washington CH, Chillicothe, Hillsboro, Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm.
only two out to the district.
Mind you Cville and Unioto met in district finals.

I agree,You could make an argument and say the Adena D2 sectional is one of the toughest in the state.It's like going straight to the districts in my opinion.It takes two very good and lucky teams to advance.The SEOAL would be a nice conference if people had the intestinal fortitude to stay commited to it. :lol:

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

It's amazing though how some schools in the SOC can hang with D2 schools such as Chillicothe and Greenfield.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Umm, what SOC schools actually played any of those Adena D2 teams this season? You can't really compare the two, unless they played. I know Unioto beat Waverly, but Waverly wasn't in the top 4 in the SOC, so that isn't a good comparison.

The SOC II is a VERY good league at the top and had a very good season again this year. There's no reason to compare it to leagues filled with D2 teams, like the MSL or SCOL, because SOCII is a D3(and a couple of D4) league. You should only be judged by who you play in the tournament, IMO.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

danicalifornia wrote:Umm, what SOC schools actually played any of those Adena D2 teams this season? You can't really compare the two, unless they played. I know Unioto beat Waverly, but Waverly wasn't in the top 4 in the SOC, so that isn't a good comparison.

The SOC II is a VERY good league at the top and had a very good season again this year. There's no reason to compare it to leagues filled with D2 teams, like the MSL or SCOL, because SOCII is a D3(and a couple of D4) league. You should only be judged by who you play in the tournament, IMO.

You can't soley judge teams on who they play in the tournament...Like in BBall, a team can be a D1 school and beat every "late playoff" caliber team and then play a D3 rival, who is not very good, and lose.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

It is a pretty good league for sure.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

are we talking about SOCII girls?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The SOCII is a quality basketball league. Look at the tournament for proof. South Webster gave Africentric everything they wanted before losing at the end.

Return to “Girls Basketball”