Division II Sectional @ Alexander

old-timer
Freshman Team

Division II Sectional @ Alexander

Post by old-timer »

How should this drawing pan out?
Seeding may not effect sectional results with 4 moving on, but very important for distict opponent.
Any common opponents for top 4 other than Warren?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division II Sectional @ Alexander

Post by 93Bulldog »

Here are the records ... just scroll down to the girls ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

It will be interesting to see how the seeds shake out I will go

1. Jackson
2. Marietta
3. Fairfield Union
4. Warren
5. Athens
6. South Point
7. Vinton County
8. Sheridan
9. Gallia
10 New Lex

I know the meeting is next Sunday but is that when they actually vote for the seeds. I know the Central District votes by email earlier in the week.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

This sectional seeding looks to be a toss up. Looks very close when you look at quality wins and common opponents. I know Jackson has played Warren and Warren has played Marietta 3 times and all three were Marietta wins. Don't know about Fairfield Union but very good record. Jackson, outstanding record with some good wins and only one loss to Warren. They play again this Sat. in Jackson. Should be a packed house. Could be a big win before drawing. Who knows how this one will go? One thing is for sure, 3 TEAMS COULD FEEL THEIR TEAM WAS DONE WRONG WHEN SEEDING IS DECIDED!!! :)

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Warren beats Jackson and you will see FU at the 4 seed.

The 4/5 game will be a brutal dandy!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

^ Seeding is normally done pretty much on record. FU will have a better record at the draw.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

If Warren beats Jackson twice, they will go above FU. Don't forget FU is alone in this Sectional, and none of their opponents are in that room.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

old-timer wrote:This sectional seeding looks to be a toss up. Looks very close when you look at quality wins and common opponents. I know Jackson has played Warren and Warren has played Marietta 3 times and all three were Marietta wins. Don't know about Fairfield Union but very good record. Jackson, outstanding record with some good wins and only one loss to Warren. They play again this Sat. in Jackson. Should be a packed house. Could be a big win before drawing. Who knows how this one will go? One thing is for sure, 3 TEAMS COULD FEEL THEIR TEAM WAS DONE WRONG WHEN SEEDING IS DECIDED!!! :)
Marietta hasn't played Warren 3 times, yet. #3 is this Wed, 2/1, at Marietta. Marietta has 3 games before the seedings are done. @Pkbg Monday, Warren Wed, and a key game in the ECOL at Dover on Sat. Then two more tough ones the next week.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

This year it will be interesting that the 2 and 3 seeds in Alex wouldn't be playing each other until the regional final, as their next game after playing the 6/7 seeds would be the 2/3 seeds from Adena. The top four seeds in Alex will cross over to play a team from Adena in just their 2nd tourney game.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Do you think getting a two seed at Alex may be better than getting a 1 seed at Alex because you wouldn't have to play the #1 or #3 Alex seeds until the regional finals?

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

I think there are so many quality teams that there will not be a big difference between 1 and 2. If there were only 3 quality teams I might tend to agree but I think the top 5 can all play well. I have not seen South Point they lost a lot from last year but still have a very good record, and Sheridan will be a handfull as well.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Big week for Warren with Maysville, Marietta, and Jackson.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

6 teams have double digits wins ... that's a stout sectional!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Alexander sectional is stronger than the Adena Sectional from seeds 1-8

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

by far. no comparison.

justme21
Waterboy

Post by justme21 »

Marietta is primed and ready to play. 2 very experienced and good players, should go far this year!! This team is only getting better.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

If Jackson beats Warren Saturday, the #1 seed goes to Jackson. If Marietta can beat Dover Saturday, a tough task, then they would be 2nd seed. Fairfield Union gets #3 seed with 2 losses. Then does Warren get #4, #5, or #6 seed if South Point and Athens hold at 4 and 5 losses? If Marietta gets #2 and Warren gets #3 or #6, then they couldn't play a 4th game of the season until the regional final. If Marietta gets #1 and Warren gets #3, or Marietta gets #2 and Warren gets #4 or #5, then they could meet in a district final. Big games to play before Sunday will affect it, as will politics in seed voting which can make the seeds unfair according to what would be fair placement. I'm glad to see the cross mixing with Adena when there are still 8 teams left.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Current state ranking by MaxPreps:

At Alexander
Marietta 59 ... Lost to #46 and #50
Jackson 69 ... Lost to #79
Warren 79 ... Lost to #38, #59(3), and #231 before they had injuries and slipped
Athens 188
Sheridan 202
Fairfield Union 265
South Point 275
Vinton Co 327
New Lex 523
Gallia 535

I think these seems pretty reasonable

At Adena
Miami Trace 100
Wash CH 119
McClain 148
Unioto 206
Logan Elm 256
Waverly 450
Hillsboro 516
Westfall 560
Circleville 605

So if these rankings end up close to this after Saturday's big games, and the voters have a epiphany of fairness:

#1 seed in Alex to win a district title would have a path thru #206, then #79, then play the winner of a central district that one of 26 other teams will come out of in the first game of the regional.

#2 seed in Alex to win a district title would have a path thru #148, then either #100 or #188, then the winner of the east district(top four ranked teams: #53,73,96,101) in the first game of the regional.

#3 seed in Alex to win a district title would have a path thru #119, then #59, then play the winner of a central district that one of 26 other teams will come out of in the first game of the regional.

But how the vote would go: ???????
I'm betting if both Jackson and Marietta win Saturday, that Jackson will be voted #1 due to their fellow SE school's support, but #2 seed wouldn't be bad for Marietta, and a #3 seed would be a travesty.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

i wouldn't rely too much on the rankings of Maxprep in considering how good a team is because i've found that it isn't that accurate. not all of a team's schedule is correct and often the wins and losses are not all recorded.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

SOME OF THE HIGH RANKING TEAMS WINS AND LOSSES ARE NOT EVEN LISTED.......DON'T BET THE FARM ON THE RANKINGS.

Return to “Girls Basketball”