Federal v/s Alexander

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Federal v/s Alexander

Post by sneake-pete »

any thoughts on saturdays game????
When fed and alex play in anything you can toss out the records because its such a big rival..I look for a close game with fed coming out on top.... :122245 :122245 :122245

Prime Time
S

Re: Federal v/s Alexander

Post by Prime Time »

This game will be a war. Fed Hock will have a strong 4th quarter @ pull out the win. Fed Hock 53 Alexander 48

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Let's not forget that this will be the first time that any of the Alexander girls have set foot on the DC McInturf gymnasium floor as high school players, or players, period. The last time Alex girls played on the floor was four years ago. Fed Hock girls have played at the Alley for the last three years.

I like the Lady Lancers in this one!
Good Luck!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wow, this is GOING TO BE a very, very good game ... too close to call, I like both teams and I think both are talented.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Why were three straight in this series played at the Alley? Just curious.

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

What time is this game?

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

j.v boys at 5:00 with varsity girls to follow and then varsity boys

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

Shouldn't be close. Alexander is really fired up after what happened at Waterford. I look for them to take it out on the unfortunate Lancers. Spartans by 15+.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

GOOD LUCK LADY SPARTANS, FROM THE FAR NORTH ! PLAY AS A TEAM AND PLAY HARD....

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

Steely Dan wrote:Let's not forget that this will be the first time that any of the Alexander girls have set foot on the DC McInturf gymnasium floor as high school players, or players, period. The last time Alex girls played on the floor was four years ago. Fed Hock girls have played at the Alley for the last three years.

I like the Lady Lancers in this one!
Good Luck!!!!

The senior lady spartans were there on Jan. 23,2006 as freshman. The Spartans won that game 59-40. Check the messenger archives on this. Good luck ladies. Not sure who will win this game but would love to see the Spartans be able to pull this one off. They need to rebound from Waterford game soon.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

sportsmom - Thanks for the clarification. So, it has been three years, not four, however, from a varsity perspective, few, if any, of the Lady Spartans have played basketball at a varsity level, in McInturf gymnasium. That was my point.

I'm really looking forward to this game tomorrow night!!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck to the Lady Lancers

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

I hope that both teams play up to their potential and the refereeing is neutral! That way no one can say they lost because they had a bad night or the referees were no good. Let us get it on!

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

Congratulations to the Lady Lancers on the win tonight over Alexander. Final score 48-44. The Lancers were ahead the whole game, with an 8 to 16 point lead. Way to work hard Lancer Ladies!!! We're all very proud of you!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congrats, Lady Lancers

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Nice win for the Lady Lancers.

Good crowd, nice atmosphere and a very good game.

I must say I have seen my share of high basketball games (boys and girls) and Emily Dunfee plays the hardest and longest of any player I have ever seen. Her energy is amazing...

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

Well said, GW - Emily has always given 110% every minute of every game. She is a joy to watch!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This game was decided in the trenches, as I expected it to be. Dunfee and Butcher were the focus of the Lady Spartan defense, and the post players for Fed Hock stepped up and made the difference.

Raines got her points, as did Smith in the third and fourth quarters, after getting shutdown earlier in the game. Dunfee, Butcher and McKibben stepped up, but it was the play of #32 and #30 that made the difference in the end. Offensive rebounds, post defense, blocked shots (#32 had a number of key blocks) and key defensive rebounds won it for the Lady Lancers. Great game ladies, let's keep it going!

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Congrats to the Lady Lancers on a very good win. I agree Emily Dunfee is amazing, this young lady has true grit!!

buddyholly
Freshman Team

Post by buddyholly »

Awesome game. The Lady Lancers showed what they are made of tonight. TRUE GRIT!! Congratulations, especially to senior Emily (Green Valley) Dunfee.

Return to “Girls Basketball”