Leesburg Fairfield/Peebles

go48
Riding the Bench

Leesburg Fairfield/Peebles

Post by go48 »

Any thoughts on this one, the small school division in the shl is still wide open with everyone chasing Fayetteville.

shlvet
Waterboy

Re: Leesburg Fairfield/Peebles

Post by shlvet »

Fairfield is a hard team to figure out. You never know what team will show up. They have not played too many tough teams so far. Peebles will be too quick
I'd say Peebles by 10 at home.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

Haven't seen Fairfield although I listened to their game against Manchester. Riddle seems like a good player for Fairfield but Peebles has some strong players down low as well. I like Peebles at home for the win.

peeblesbuck
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesbuck »

It's a triple-header tonight at Peebles with a 7th grade girls game only against West Union starting at 5:00 before the JV game and Varsity games with Fairfield. Should be a good night of basketball and a good opportunity to come out and watch a very good 7th grade Peebles girls team.

lionssoccer
Waterboy

Post by lionssoccer »

Ugly 1st half for the Lions tonight but they were able to tie it with 8.5 left and pulled away in overtime to win 43-33. The Hoop girls for Peebles is an excellent shooter but the Lions shut her down in the 2nd half.

Nice job lady's!

shlvet
Waterboy

Post by shlvet »

I agree the 1st half was ugly for both teams. It looks like if you can shutdown Riddle, Fairfield is very beatable. Whole different game if Peebles wasn't missing two starters.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles led 13-1 at the end of the first quarter and then didn't score until around :08 seconds left in the second quarter and still led 15-7 at the half. Give Fairfield some credit as they kept battling back and took the lead midway through the 4th quarter. Peebles came back and re-took the lead, but Fairfield tied it back up to send it to overtime with the score tied at 33-33. If I'm not mistaken Fairfield outscored Peebles 10-0 in OT to win 43-33.

I agree that it really hurt Peebles not having two starters on the court last night due to injuries, but I also thought the McDaniels girl compensated a lot for their absence. Hoop got off to a good start with three 3's in the first quarter and she had 11 of Peebles' 13 first quarter points however, Fairfield did a very nice job on her from there on out. They really did a good job of getting through ball screens hard and preventing her from getting many good looks at the basket and they did a nice job on her off the ball too.

If Fairfield had just a little better guard play they would be very tough as their post play is pretty solid. I think I heard their record right now is 8-4, but I could be wrong on that.

Return to “Girls Basketball”