SOC 1 2011

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

SOC 1 2011

Post by ManitouDan »

Who you got ? Can Clay and Eastern still lead the pack ? Eastern lost quite a bit , as did Clay. IMO girls ball in this division is all about ball handlers and turnovers. Who can get off more shots than the opponent . Clay returns the best PG in Hurley . IMO that and their tradition will hard for other teams to topple. ND returns POY candidate Jen Arnzen , but will need other scorer's to step up and take off the load . SV has a new coach and his his girls competing hard for him. Should be fun .....

Just a huge shot in the dark because I don't know much about every team but I'd put the top 4 at, Clay , ND, SV and Eastern. in no part. order . MD

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: SOC 1 2011

Post by a_c_m »

Anything can happen and usually does when the SOC I is done. New Boston, Green, East and Western may have something to say about who is champion. I remember many upsets the past few years that had some bearing on the conference winner.

Good Luck to all teams!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

lot of readers, not many posters ....lol

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

Looking foward to the upcoming season. Should have some pretty good games from the sound of it.
I am not for certain but hope to see a JV team this year for the Vikings.
We all know how important having a JV can be.
I think it could be anyone.....
Ready to roll....
Plan on attending all I can even though mine graduated last year!

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

How is the Curley girl from Clay recovering?I know she had knee surgery earlier on.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I hope she is 100% , great player !

Basketball_fan21
Waterboy

Post by Basketball_fan21 »

Five Point wrote:How is the Curley girl from Clay recovering?I know she had knee surgery earlier on.
From watching the scrimmage Saturday, she is Not recovered all way. No where near as good as she was last year. Hopefully she can step it up.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

Basketball_fan21 wrote:
Five Point wrote:How is the Curley girl from Clay recovering?I know she had knee surgery earlier on.
From watching the scrimmage Saturday, she is Not recovered all way. No where near as good as she was last year. Hopefully she can step it up.
I know personally that Curley has recovered about 95%, but not so much mentally. She's is more worried about reinjuring her knee instead of just playing. Hopefully she will overcome her mental block, but I still see her being the top point guard in the area IMO. At the previews she still shows that she's tops in ball handling and passing.

Clay and Eastern are going to be the teams to beat. Green and Western lost too much from last season to be real competitors for the SOC 1 Title. I have yet to see Eastern and East play but from what I've been reading, these teams will give Clay the most trouble. Clay lost Hempill as a dominant post player but still have length in Pelfrey, Whitley, and Redding. Spriggs is back from a knee injury as well but will be a huge contributor along with Jenkins. Curley and Spriggs will have a difficult time with being fully confident in their bodies with all the cutting that comes with basketball.

Good Luck to all the girls this season!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hey sokkr pretty nice report , really like the respect given to ND , you know , the Titan team that returns 4 out of their 5 starters, including strong candidate for Player of the Year in Jen Arnzen. The Titan team that beat Eastern in the tourney , that ND team. Go right ahead and overlook ND , we will see ..... MD

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

ManitouDan wrote:hey sokkr pretty nice report , really like the respect given to ND , you know , the Titan team that returns 4 out of their 5 starters, including strong candidate for Player of the Year in Jen Arnzen. The Titan team that beat Eastern in the tourney , that ND team. Go right ahead and overlook ND , we will see ..... MD

I agree, ND may be the team to beat in SOC1.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

don't know about team to beat but worthy of a mention.

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

ManitouDan wrote:hey sokkr pretty nice report , really like the respect given to ND , you know , the Titan team that returns 4 out of their 5 starters, including strong candidate for Player of the Year in Jen Arnzen. The Titan team that beat Eastern in the tourney , that ND team. Go right ahead and overlook ND , we will see ..... MD
You mean the ND team that lost twice to Clay, by 16 and 30 points? That ND team? :lol: Don't be so sensitive MD. ND will have their best chance in years to win their division.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

its either - clay,eastern or nd

sleeper - sv

then - green,wester,nb,east

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

arch log on and post more often . not being over sensitive , any reports that doesnt give a mention to ND is just not being straight up.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I agree, ND should be mentioned. But let's not get too high up here. Season hasn't started yet. Who knows you will be #1. Let's take it game by game, beginning with ND @Eastern on Monday.

UUsokkr12
Riding the Bench

Post by UUsokkr12 »

ManitouDan wrote:arch log on and post more often . not being over sensitive , any reports that doesnt give a mention to ND is just not being straight up.
I'll be honest and say that I completely forgot about ND. I often forget about them and I apologize. I know last year they struggled, but did pull off some big wins at the end of the season.

I still feel, that with Eastern and Clay playing how they are, that ND will still have a tough time against them. IMO

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

UUsokkr12 wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:arch log on and post more often . not being over sensitive , any reports that doesnt give a mention to ND is just not being straight up.
I'll be honest and say that I completely forgot about ND. I often forget about them and I apologize. I know last year they struggled, but did pull off some big wins at the end of the season.

I still feel, that with Eastern and Clay playing how they are, that ND will still have a tough time against them. IMO

ND over Eastern 51-37 after being up 30-11 at the half ;-) MD

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Notre Dame is good, and I'm not taking anything away from this team. They're good. But I don't think Eastern played much to their potential in Game 1 of the season. Eastern will go through a transition for the first part of the year as they search for some one to score for them. They have no true scorers, especially since they lost 2 1,000 point scorers from last year. I don't think they're final record will represent the final product very well come seasons end.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I agree to that , eastern will get much better and for whatever reason looked better VS Oak Hill than they did last night vs ND. Young team with lots of room for growth. good luck to the eagles the rest of the way. they are a class act. MD

ARCH NEMESIS
Waterboy

Post by ARCH NEMESIS »

Clay came out of the gate strong with a 70-20 victory over Western. The Panthers drained somewhere around 8 or 9 3's (I think all were by bench players :shock: ). Clay rebounded well and got up and down the court much quicker than they have for the last several years. Curley and Spriggs are going to be a good guard tandem along with Carter. Pelfrey blocked a few shots and Jenkins and Whitley played strong in the paint. Very impressive for their first game of the season.

Return to “Girls Basketball”