Waterboy

Re: Alexander @ Nelsonville-York

Post by silverbird28 »

Alexander 82 Nelsonville York 54

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

Steely Dan this was your comment when Alex beat Belpre at Belpre.

"Let's be honest...........

Alex is not this good, and

Belpre, honestly, is not that bad.

Just a couple of teams meeting, when they arr hitting their pitch, or otherwise.........."

I suppose it still stands when they beat Nelsonville York by 28 on they buckeyes home court. I think we must admit that Alex is not that bad. When they are playing as a team they are hard to beat.

With that said, Nice game Spartans and good luck to Nelsonville the rest of the season, keep playing hard and keep up that never die attitude. This loss was definitly not due to a lack of effort. Keep those heads up you have one more chance at those Spartans.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

We have to admit also that Nelsonville is not very good either. Alex is good, but the TVC is very, very down as far as girls go. Of course most teams don't have any JV teams which doesn't help with building a program.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

TVC Overall:

1) Waterford
2) Federal Hocking
3) Alexander

Then there is a BIG drop off between these three and the remainder of the TVC this year.

I never said Alexander was bad. I was implying that the differential of the Belpre/Alex score was not truly indicative of the quality of either school. I think Alex has a nice team and hope that they do well in the tournament. Congrats on their win at NY, it looks like the Lady Spartans are playing well now.

DMB
Waterboy

Post by DMB »

Athens 78, I would agree with you that the TVC as a whole is down but to call the Buckeyes a bad team is something I will not agree with. The Buckeyes are 9-6 with close losses to Amanda Clearcreek (13-1, 11th ranked div.III), Harvest prep (14-2, 6th ranked div. IV), Fed. Hock (13-3), New Boston (13-3). The loss to Alex was bad on the scoreboard but hotly contested throughout. Alex is the best team in the area in my opinion and played like it last night. The Buckeyes, in my opinion have the best player in the area, Kim Kline, who scored 27 of the hardest contested points I have ever seen. She is averaging 26 points and 6.5 assists per game. The Buckeyes are not a bad team. They are a decent team with a short bench, little height and one special player. Good luck Alex and NY, represent the TVC well.

sports mom 09
Freshman Team

Post by sports mom 09 »

I enjoyed watching these two team play last night. Alexander seemed to be on fire last night with most all girls scoring. Quick ball movement and seeing everyone on the floor helps.

Lady Buckeyes- don't hang your heads. You are a fine group of young ladies and you will bounce back from this game.

Good luck to both teams in tournament play. I know there is a few more regular season game to go. Best of luck!

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

[quote="DMB"]The Buckeyes are 9-6 with close losses to Amanda Clearcreek (13-1, 11th ranked div.III), Harvest prep (14-2, 6th ranked div. IV), Fed. Hock (13-3), New Boston (13-3). T/quote]

The Buckeyes lost by about 15 to Fed Hock If I can remember right, wasn't a close game at all...

DMB
Waterboy

Post by DMB »

Margins of games do not always indicate competiveness of that game. Fed. Hock. is a fine team and anyone who saw the game would say that it was highly competitive. Sorry if you thought close was misleading. The Buckeyes led both Amanda and Harvest Prep in the 4th.

Return to “Girls Basketball”