SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

thought I'd start a thread since I didn't see one an this may be a good game any thoughts ?

RV FAN
Riding the Bench

Re: SP vs. Minford 2-9-09

Post by RV FAN »

Where is this game at?

Theguyfromthepoint07
Riding the Bench

Post by Theguyfromthepoint07 »

Minford

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point by 8.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Minford can/will WIN this game if they play hard and stay up don't get down on themselves.
Pass the ball, hit the open person, and good things will happen. Hopefully we will have decent refs.
Good Luck Ladies, Win!Win!Win!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

any updates?

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Minford 63 - South Point 56

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

good win

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Post by Safetyman »

Ho
Hopefully we will have decent refs.

Falcon fans you got your wish on this one. I really think that "first season refs" should start out in buddy league.
I have never seen a trio of refs in one game so unsure about so many calls. They should definately look into some other hobby in the evenings.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Minford Millie wrote:Minford 63 - South Point 56

A loss right now probably comes at a good time for the Pointers. This shows them that they are beatable and better bring their A game aginst everyone form now on because the OVC and tournament are up next! Go Pointers learn fom this and go on!

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Safetyman wrote:Ho
Hopefully we will have decent refs.

Falcon fans you got your wish on this one. I really think that "first season refs" should start out in buddy league.
I have never seen a trio of refs in one game so unsure about so many calls. They should definately look into some other hobby in the evenings.

Just for the record, there are no first time refs at the varsity level. They are required to do 2 yrs of jr and jv before moving to varsity. If i am wrong please let me know.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Theguyfromthepoint07 wrote:thought I'd start a thread since I didn't see one an this may be a good game any thoughts ?

Congrats Lady Falcons on a big win for the SOC over the OVC

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I saw the game and it was a very hard fought game. The officials let the girl's play. Minford outplayed South Point the first 2 quarters hands down. Minford beat South Point down the floor the whole first half, several lay ups. South Point turned the ball over a lot, many inbounds plays they threw it right to Minford for some easy buckets. South Point did outplay Minford the 3rd and a couple minutes into the 4th. Minford went on a 5-6 point run and then a (student fan) for South Point came onto the floor and was ejected. The coach got a technical late and that was the game.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

I saw the game too, and the South Point coach got a technical foul for asking his official score keeper how many fouls they had. :mad: After the student was ejected from the game the official went over to the other official and said I should give the ball back to white, but I will make sure that white wins this game. There were some bad turnovers on South Point part but they were in the game and those refs were not going to allow that to happen. When asked what their licence numbers were; of course they did not sign the book as they are supposed to do. SO we really don't know if they were qualified or not.

And how does a player get to shoot 5 shots for a regular foul and a technical foul. What started the whole thing was the ref let a minford player dribble the ball, fall on top of it, roll on the floor, sit up and then they let her call a time out. Come on!

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

love-vdub wrote:I saw the game too, and the South Point coach got a technical foul for asking his official score keeper how many fouls they had. :mad: After the student was ejected from the game the official went over to the other official and said I should give the ball back to white, but I will make sure that white wins this game. There were some bad turnovers on South Point part but they were in the game and those refs were not going to allow that to happen. When asked what their licence numbers were; of course they did not sign the book as they are supposed to do. SO we really don't know if they were qualified or not.

And how does a player get to shoot 5 shots for a regular foul and a technical foul. What started the whole thing was the ref let a minford player dribble the ball, fall on top of it, roll on the floor, sit up and then they let her call a time out. Come on!

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :roll:

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

love v-dub-I also saw the game and was at the table. The coach asked several different times in the last 3-4 minutes "how many fouls his team had"??? Everytime the officials would come to the scorers table the coach would ask his scorekeeper,"how many fouls does our team have", come on something was going on!!!Did you also see the officials "ask" him to stay in his coaching box?? The taller official asked him to move into his coaching box so he could report the foul.
The incident you are talking about was toward the end of the game when "00" for Minford was fouled while shooting.She shot 4 free throws not 5--She got 2 shots for that-The coach was t'd and she shot 2 more for the "T".
What do you mean they didn't sign the book like they are supposed to??? Our book was signed with their names and so was South Points.

Just another night where one team outplayed the other-so who can the losing team blame??? Yes, the officials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

The incident you are talking about was toward the end of the game when "00" for Minford was fouled while shooting.She shot 4 free throws not 5--She got 2 shots for that-The coach was t'd and she shot 2 more for the "T".

She had already shot one foul shot before the "T" was made. Therefore she should have only had 3 more shots.

The coach asked several different times in the last 3-4 minutes "how many fouls his team had"??? Everytime the officials would come to the scorers table the coach would ask his scorekeeper,"how many fouls does our team have", come on something was going on!!!

So he deserved to get a "T" for asking how many fouls they had. What do you mean something was going on. I don't know how many times I saw Minfords coach on the floor. As for the refs signing the book, Minford couldn't even give us their license number it's supposed to be written in the book, or is your rules different than ecvery other team we play.

Everybody sees games played the way they want to see them. I actually heard the ref say I am going to make sure white wins this game, I was sitting away from everybody and heard him clear as day. Sorry you can't change my mind that he had it in for South Point.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Minford had these referees on Saturday, was winning the game and they called a foul against the falcons on a flop by a player on a 3 pt shot. No contact at all was made, SW went ahead and we lost the game by 2. The first half, the fouls were 8-2 going against the Falcons. This was a huge conference game for us, so don't think these refs were for us. I'm sorry, I highly doubt the refs said we are gonna be sure white wins. Thats ridiculous. The fouls were even throughout both halves. SP got some bad calls as well as Minford, but both teams were allowed to play. Im sure youre not an official..but it is legal for a player to slide across the floor with the ball. The infraction comes after the player stops and tries to dribble or do whatever. This is a common mistake for fans. The Minford coach was calling the time out the minute Minford went on the floor and had possesion. The official book was correct and had the numbers of the officials, the bookeeper was just being so harrassed by SP's personnel that she closed her book and left. These refs have officiated games for as long as I can remember at the varsity level, and yes, officials must ref at least 2 yrs at a lower level before being able to call varsity games. Yes, there were some bad calls and no calls on both sides. And only 4 foul shots were counted during the foul and technical situation. Many times refs will be prompted to call a technical after being yelled at the whole game and telling the coach over and over to get in his box and being screamed at constantly by the fans. I'm not saying Minford isn't guilty of it many times, they are too, but thats what happened in this game. Many reaches and pushing fouls went on by the SP team that wasn't called, but both teams played hard and physical. Congrats to both teams, they are both very talented and will do well representing their schools in tournament. Good Luck!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

My guess would be the coach was asking how many team fouls on purpose just to get a rise out of one of the officials. Many coaches use tactics like this to try and prove a point about something.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

The SOC II proves once again that in girls bball it is very tough.

Return to “Girls Basketball”