Parkersburg South @ Waterford 2-14-09

olay135
Freshman Team

Parkersburg South @ Waterford 2-14-09

Post by olay135 »

LETS GET IT ON!!! Last game South edged the cats by 2 at South. But this time the lady patriots are coming into the Coop on senior night. I know this place will be extra loud!!! Any thoughts or predictions?

bballlover
Waterboy

Re: Parkersburg South @ Waterford 2-14-09

Post by bballlover »

The Wildcats will pull this close one out.... their shooting percentage will be much better than it was at South.... They will also be more prepared...

GOOD LUCK CATS

who else
Waterboy

Post by who else »

I agree... I think this will be a close game the whole way throuhg but I think Coach Close and the ladies will find a way to pull it off.

The Filthy One
Waterboy

Post by The Filthy One »

I see the Cats gettin it done this time. I'll take them in a close one.
Wat- 65
P-Burg- 62

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

They will also have local Waterford refs doing the game which always helps.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

What time is tip-off this Saturday? I want to get there early for this one. I'm sure that the gym is gonna be packed with TVC supporters from all around..........

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

JV starts at 6:00 pm

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

You can already feel the buzz around town! The Waterford faithful will be ready to come out for support. Coach Close will have the girls ready for this one!

prediction
Waterford: 62
South: 54

I think the game will be very fast which helps out the CATS. Come on girls lets get a big W before tournament time!!!!!!

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

I like Waterford in this one.........

Waterford 58
South 54

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Almost game day. Let's make this game a game to remember, ladies. Wildcat fans lets show the South fans what it is like to have the following the Lady Cats have. Let's make Green the color South fans see eveywhere. Let's keep it loud for the Lady Cats tomorrow night. This game is very important to them.

GO LADY CATS!!!

strike07
Waterboy

Post by strike07 »

Score?

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

The Lady Cats beat #1 ranked AAA in WV Parkersburg South 65-54 at The Cooper Annex tonight. Congrats to Coach Close and the Lady Cats. Thanks to all the fans that came out tonight. The house was standing room only. Now get ready for the touranment.

GO LADY CATS!!!

tiger02
Waterboy

Post by tiger02 »

score?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

WOW! What a crowd, and what a game!!! It was well worth my time and money to come to this game with the posse. We were happy to be there to support the Lady Cats, and weren't disappointed with the game.

Great atmosphere, good officials, and some rabid fans from PSHS. Waterford lead throughout the game, PSHS rallied and I think cut the lead to three at one point in the third quarter, and the Lady Cats pulled away, with the largest lead at 15 points.

PSHS's guard play was impressive and kept them in the game, they were very quick.

Super game by Sina King, and another nice game and leadership from Brittany Brown.

The WV fans weren't happy with the officiating, but I honestly felt that calls were missed on both sides. Overall, just a great game and atmosphere. Figured that I'd have to sit with the Parkersburg South fans, but we were rooting for you all the way.

Congrats to the Lady Cats!!!!! Great win going into the tournament.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Thanks, Steely Dan for your support. WOW !!! is right . The crowd was awesome tonight. Sina was terrific and Brittany played a great game. The Lady Cats are very forunate to have such support from the fans. I was a little disappointed in the number of South fans tonight. Again, thanks for the support and best of luck to Federal Hocking in the tourament.

GO LADY CATS!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Appreciate it Gregg, as always. Good luck to the Lady Cats as well, I hope you go even further this year. If we can, we will be there to support you as you move up into the later rounds of the tournament. If we are still playing (which I hope we are, we will be there in spirit, cheering you on).

Congrats again on the win tonight, as well as another TVC title and great regular season.

Fed Hock will be ready to battle again for the TVC crown next year. Best of luck in the tournament!

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

This just shows you steely that there are 2 teams in the TVC that would be the best in the state of West Virginia because I know your lady Lancers could handle PSHS!!! You know Waterford will be rooting for you guys all the way in the tournament!!! And thanks for the support in return.

The Lady Cats really came out pumped up on senior night. I was so proud of them for how much work they have put in to this season. I hope it has a special ending!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Congrats to the Lady Cats!!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

olay - It is funny that you say that, as we (my posse' and I) had that conversation at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Yes, I do believe that FH could very well compete against the triple A schools in WV, but our lack of depth, again, might create issues. I'll take our starting five against PSHS's and live with the outcome!!! 8)

PSHS's coaches (I was right behind their bench in the second row, so I heard it all!) thought that they would wear your girls out, with their constant subsitutions. Well, I thought that Coach Close did a great job of making sure that they were not successful with that strategy.

Just a great game to watch, as an unbiased observer. I know that Sina saw us sitting over there and was shocked, it was very clear during pre-game. I just hope that these kids within the conference continue to support each other outside of our conference games, and into the post season next year.

Yea, we want to beat each other up during the conference games, but let's continue to support each other outside of the conference. That is the beauty of "friendly" competition.......

ssbball
Freshman Team

Post by ssbball »

Congrats to The Lady Cats! Big win for The Cats & the little guys of the TVC. Good luck in your tourney run. We'll be rooting for you here in Belpre too.

Return to “Girls Basketball”