Minford 2009-2010

falconater
Freshman Team

Minford 2009-2010

Post by falconater »

What are your thoughts on the outlook for Minford this coming year. They lose a lot but have a lot back. Although they got clobbered by Oak Hill 3 times, they beat the other regional bracket (South Point and Ironton). Will the coach be back? Are at least two of the players moving as rumored?

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Re: Minford 2009-2010

Post by Leaving Minford »

Minford is one funny town. Run off one coach and then think that the next coach is not going to be back. Is he being ran off or do you think that he just wants to leave? Minford has a good core group of girls coming back but I don't think people realize how badly they are going to miss Harris and McManus. (and I guess the girls that you say are moving)

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

I think the adults who are posting on here on the girls and boys' basketball forums should keep the negativity down in regards to Minford. These players are KIDS and they read these things. I would bet a majority of the people who post on these forums are adults. What coach or kid would want to read the things that have been said about them (especially about former Minford coach Copley in the boys' forum) and stick around? Minford has good programs and they can be great year in and year out if the negativity subsides and the Minford fans stand behind their coaches, win or lose, good or bad.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

There is no negativity in my post. I thought beating the other regional bracket and noting 3 losses were to Oak Hill was pretty positive.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Is Kendra Justice moving? Rumors have been thrown around. . .

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Your post was not negative falconater, I agree with you there. And yes, beating the other regional qualifiers is impressive. The girls from Minford were very good this year and the future looks bright. I was just saying that some of the posters on the boys and girls forums have had a very negative vibe going on with their posts. I hope that the Minford fans just realize that success at a very high level takes hard work and patience. If that success does not happen as often as at other local high schools then these adults who post should not start bashing and calling for the coaches' heads. That is just IMO. Minford fans have a lot to be proud of with their kids.

daluvofallsports
Waterboy

Post by daluvofallsports »

more than likely minford is losing their coaches because rumor has it kids will have to pay to play next year and why do you ask? someone wasn't doing their job and has falcon land in a mess financially. was it the kids fault? nope. was it the teachers fault? nope. was it the parents fault? nope. who's fault was it? :oops: :122248

if this rumor is correct i can see kids open enrolling in other schools.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I don't think there is goiing to be play to pay.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

It is "pay to attend the basketball banquet" though. Go figure!

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Who has to pay? The high school kids, the parents or both

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

Parents and anyone other than players, cheerleaders and coaches

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Abnormal..before you get on here and make a broad statement..please check your facts. It is $5.00 per couple and $2.00 per child TO EAT!!! No one would be charged to attend a banquet. The reason they stated that it was payable at the door is so that the players, cheerleaders, etc do not have to collect the money ahead of time as in years past. Players. coaches, cheerleaders do not have to pay to eat either. It is their banquet. Only parents and siblings, etc.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

I just watched your girls team play once. I was impressed with all your players and thought whow they have almost everyone back. Not to say your seniors were not good, they were. Hope everything works out for your program next year, like I said you have some exciting players returning.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

There was no explanation as to why they were charging. Seemed like an awful cheap meal. No need to get testy about it.

Scout45
Waterboy

Post by Scout45 »

Are You Serious! why do Minford people start this every year?
Its very embarrassing.
Are you ever happy with the coaches? if your kid is--- sitting on the bench---
crying about playing time, then tell them to work harder and stop whinning and blaming the coaches. Minford Coaches are wonderful people, you couldn't ask for a
kinder coaching staff, (boys and girls) and they are very good coaches.
If people want to move there kids, then move, don't get on a public
forum and give weak threats, because if you kid didn't get to play much
at Minford, then more than likely they will be sitting the bench at most other SOC schools also...

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I have watched most coaches in the SOC and Minford has a fine coach. They had a good year and from what I hear, all the girls really liked the whole crew. The only ones I'm aware of that thought anything is people who's kids weren't playing or ones that thought their kids shouldn't ever come out. Everyone needs to quit complaining about the areas coaches. They are not paid enough for what they do and should be thanked for all their time. If you don't want your kids to play somewhere, then shut up and move.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Some of these posts are laughable, (A-Bomb, you need to market that skill, that you can tell what a player is thinking-just by looking in there eyes.) oooooo
Minfords Coach, is not only a fine coach, but he treats all his players and there parents with alot of respect. He deserves the same! We made it to the district finals at the convo, only to be knocked out by one of the best teams in Ohio Div.3 , if not "the best" , (remains to be seen) WHAT DO YOU WANT???
Some of you--posters, need to look at things realistically. You get on here and trash
every coach Minford has ever had, and your doing it on the boys forum also.
Very Very sad.

PS. Good Luck Oak Hill from the Minford Lady Falcons!

tagyourit
Riding the Bench

Post by tagyourit »

So did Chaney resign? He did a great job I thought and the games I saw the Lady Falcons they responded to him well.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

Some of you have no idea about how this team responded to Chaney.

And, NO, he did not show respect to all players and parents.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

Some of us who don't have the problems you obviously do know exactly how the girls and parents responded to Coach Chaney. We were there. I never saw one time that he didn't treat EVERYONE with respect. Just as some of the posts above pointed out, only a few weren't happy, those who didn't agree with playing time one way or another. You have this on every team! You must fall into that category. The whole staff was respectful and did a great job!

Return to “Girls Basketball”