Friday, November 18 @ Nelsonville-York High School

5:00 PM Alexander vs. Southern

5:45 PM Athens vs. Eastern

6:30 PM Vinton County vs. South Gallia

7:15 PM Wellston vs. Miller

8:00 PM Meigs vs. Belpre

8:45 PM Nelsonville-York vs. Federal Hocking

All games are two quarters.

Home Team: Ohio division schools will be home team and will wear their white uniforms.

Rules: Two timeouts total - One 30 second and one 1 minute time out ; three fouls per player; 10 minute warm-up period.

Admission: All spectators - $5.00 each

marklane
JV Team

Re: Tri-Valley Conference Preview

Post by marklane »

I don't know why they play this, I'd venture to say more than half of the league's coaches don't want to be there.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

This is not a mandatory league event. Only 3 of the 15 teams are not participating (Trimble, Wahama and Waterford)

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

Hmmm......I was under the wrong impression then!

I heard it's for a good cause, but can't exactly remember what it was. So why not have a foundation game or a series of foundation games? Get three or four schools together to find an opponent for a foundation game at Alexander with all of the proceeds going towards the charity.

One, the entire TVC isn't there so coaches are going to be willing to show a bit more.

Two, the event would be "game-like", which would benefit the teams participating more and by allowing those three or four teams to pick an opponent, the level of competition of the games will be improved.

Three, do teams really want to travel to Alexander (not that it's a bad drive) to participate in a two-quarter scrimmage? Some teams are driving longer one way to the preview than they're on the floor at the preview.

Four, considering your pitting the "big schools" versus the "little schools", there are some match-ups where there isn't much either team will get out of the preview.

I know there is a fee needed to play in a foundation game, but I would venture to say that a series of foundations games would be more profitable and beneficial to the teams participating.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

marklane I hope you don't go to alexander on the 18 is all you will see is an empty gym. It has been moved to Nelsonville this year. I agree nobody really likes these and the coaches just let the players do what they want very uneventful

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

I didn't read the details, I just know it was at Alexander last year. Chances are that I won't be there this year since I'm no longer coaching.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Scores from Friday nights girls preview ... http://trivalleyconference.com/

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I talked to a couple of people who went and said Athens looked solid, NY is much improved and VERY quick all over the floor.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NY put up some big points

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Have to look at the opponents a little ... NY played Fed Hock, a team that went 0-20 last season ... Athens played Eastern, who is arguably the best team in the TVC (Ohio or Hocking.)

But we all know previews mean absolutly nothing - but it is nice to get an early 'eye' test.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I thought Eastern looked really good for the short time they have had to practice---they played really hard and will do nothing but get better as the year progresses.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fortdawg wrote:I thought Eastern looked really good for the short time they have had to practice---they played really hard and will do nothing but get better as the year progresses.
I'm not a huge girls basketball fan - I follow it, but don't attend games each and every week - but I do plan on catching the Eagles a few times this year ... After watching their tourney run last year and knowing most of the players are back (they will miss Emery Connery though) I expect Eastern to be one of the best teams in southeastern Ohio.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Athens looks to be much stronger physically then the younger Buckeyes and much more size. They will struggle with Athens but as we all know with girls basketball there is always a night that girls show up and just don't care if they win or lose.

sportjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportjunky »

Are you serious? Nelsonville won't finish any higher than 3rd or 4th in the league however they will win 13-14 games with most of them coming non-league. Athens is the best team in the league hands down. Bigger, Stronger and Faster!

sportjunky
Waterboy

Post by sportjunky »

Not a chance! Athens is the top dog in the Ohio Division this year. Nelsonville will finish middle of the pack with 12-14 wins bc of their non-league schedule is weak. Vc and Wellston will battle for 2nd Place.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

greatone wrote:Athens looks to be much stronger physically then the younger Buckeyes and much more size. They will struggle with Athens but as we all know with girls basketball there is always a night that girls show up and just don't care if they win or lose.
Athens may be bigger and more physical, but NY is quicker. If NY makes the game up and down, they will have a chance.

Return to “Girls Basketball”