SVC Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

SVC Scores and Standings

Post by Kickinurz »

Anyone have any early predictions on finishing order and preseason all-league players?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SVC 09-2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto at the top, with I believe, only ZT going to be able to challenge them.

ZT returns everybody and it should be a couple of interesting matchups. Unioto returning Cottrell, Driggs, Arledge, and Bane, plus outstanding underclassmen that would start at most schools just battling for a varsity spot, should make them very dangerous again.

Huntington will also be another team to beat, always a scrappy opponent who has some talent. I think this year will be a much more exciting race at the top then last season.

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

By virtue of the transfers they received, and the youngsters they have coming back, I am going to pick Adena to finish
ahead of ZT for 2nd place in the league. If H1N1 and injuries don't wreak havoc, I just don't see anyone challenging
the U. Too good and too deep. I am assuming they are still DII, which is unfortunate for them.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

Only a fool would not pick the U to defend their crown then Huntington, Zane Trace and Adena not necessarily in that order. My beloved Streaks should finish mid pack with sr Holly Brabson Sr Marisa[sp] Hill , jr Tori Pelphrey and soph Alex Southworth, returning from last years improved team.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

I agree, I think they ^^^ will win 12-13 games though.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Huntington?? Not sure about this one..I saw them in the Summer and looked bad. Who do they return?

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

A few quick thoughts
Unioto will win league but not as easy as people may think
Adena will be very good with alot of depth
ZT not sure - I hear a couple starters decided not to play
PV will be better if Supt. will leave Coach Everhart alone but a big if...
Westfall has Zommerman and Wipple
SE will be okay with Dresbach
Huntington has Vickers but not sure who else - saw them in the summer and not impressed
Piketon has potential to do well

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 56
Cincinnati Indian Hill 55

Janae Driggs goes coast to coast for the game winning layup as time expires. Mackenzie Arledge and Chloe Cottrell had very solid games for the Lady Shermans, while they got some big minutes from some players with minimal expierence off the bench. Indian Hill is a quality opponent, with 2 outstanding players and will make some noise in the SW this season.

It was a great opening game for both teams. Lots of early jitters, but was an exciting game overall.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Other Scores

Southeastern 55
Western 43

Piketon 56
Whiteoak 46

Paint Valley 58
Coal Grove 55 OT

Northwest 48
Westfall 45

A pretty solid opening weekend for the SVC, with 3 more scores still to come(Huntington vs. Manchester, WF@ Madison Plains and WCH @Adena) Good luck to Coach Smith and Coach Cox in their head coaching debuts!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SVC Scores and Standings

Post by danicalifornia »

1st upset of the season: Adena 42, Zane Trace 35

Piketon, Huntington, and Unioto also get wins on the night.

Adena, Piketon, and Unioto are all 2-0 thus far.

Unioto hosts Zane Trace on Saturday, it should be a pretty good game.

Thebluenote
Waterboy

Post by Thebluenote »

Certainly not the result I expected to see on wkkj when I returned home from the Unioto game. Adena must be better than what some expected this year. This will make it a little more interesting for saturdays clash,with ZT wanting to rebound off of their recent loss. Roll on tanks.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Congratulations to the Lady Redstreaks! Road warriors, first 5 games on the road first at PV against Whiteoak, then West Union, Manchester, Huntington and now at Westfall and won them all. Hosting the Lady Bearcats tomorrow at 2 pm for their first home game. Lets Go Streaks

GoBlue
Waterboy

Post by GoBlue »

Not quite sure I understood the comment from the ZT coach in the Gazette this morning, 'Adena is in the driver's seat'?

Thebluenote
Waterboy

Post by Thebluenote »

GoBlue wrote:Not quite sure I understood the comment from the ZT coach in the Gazette this morning, 'Adena is in the driver's seat'?

I found that kind of funny too. It's a little early in the season, plus, I think technically to be in the drivers seat, you have to maintain some sort of lead in the conference.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 50
Zane Trace 43

Unioto wins an ugly game. Tons of missed layups for Unioto and strange game called by the stripes.

Adena 35
Southeastern 29

Westfall 41
Huntington 34

Thebluenote
Waterboy

Post by Thebluenote »

danicalifornia wrote:Unioto 50
Zane Trace 43

Unioto wins an ugly game. Tons of missed layups for Unioto and strange game called by the stripes.

Adena 35
Southeastern 29

Westfall 41
Huntington 34

Thats about as bad as I've ever seen Unioto play. Definitely a black and blue, knockdown drag out type of game. But a win is a win. Good job tanks.

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

Anyone know the latest on Jenae Driggs ? I saw the commotion in the commons as we were leaving and it looked serious. It appeared to me she had passed out. Any word from those in the know ?

Thebluenote
Waterboy

Post by Thebluenote »

She was taken to the hospital in a squad. Had about a 2 hour stay, where they ran some tests. Then, the hospital cleared her to go home. SO, it's looking like she will be fine.

svcSHOCK
Waterboy

Post by svcSHOCK »

did they ever find out what was wrong with her? When they cleared her was she released to play basketball also, or does she have to take time off?
SHE IS A HECK OF A PLAYER!!

PV's starter Lindsay Anderson broke her wrist i believe & Piketon's Marissa Hill got a pretty bad sprain in Saturday's contest.
I went to the PV vs. P game in piketon and planned on going to the evening game at the U but i got times mixed up, heard i missed a tough one.

PV nor Piketon seemed to bring their best game on Saturday. PV seemed like they couldnt buy a basket.Piketon's defense seemed to hold Hollon from her normal scoring with only 9 points and she is an average of around 15+ a game.Posey only offered up 8 and i know Wall's had possibly 6.All three of those girls are normally all 10+ a game.Piketon's secret weapon is obviously their defense.
& Piketon's game was a little off.
Pelphrey had a heck of a game with 12 points in just the first half, but ended up in foul trouble and had to sit the third quarter.That is one CENTER that is underestimated in the league.Good job on Saturday Pelphrey. It was hard for Piketon to adjust when top scorers Brabson and Southworth were not on top of their game saturday, both having 10 i believe, when normally both are over 15 pts. Hill had a nice game defensively until she got hurt early in the 3rd. Hope her and Anderson recover quickly.

i am anxious to see this week's match ups.
not really seeing any major upsets?
you have THE :
U @ H=UNIOTO
PV @ ZT=ZANE TRACE
SE @ WF=SOUTHEASERN
A @ P=ADENA(this will be the only tough game of Thursday night)
i give it to adena cuz they have a deeper, more experienced team. but i may be wrong.we will see.

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

Good news about Jenae. Does that mean she will play in the games this week against Hunt. and P.V. ?

Return to “Girls Basketball”